Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 08-26-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
Johnny

Default Sleep Paralysis

Someone mentioned something along these lines in another thread. I've experienced "sleep paralysis" for years. I will occur perhaps once or twice a month. I wonder if this is accelerated by drug addiction? Johnny

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2008, 10:17 AM   #2
debora

Default Hey johnny

No, I can't say I have paralysis..
I can say, that I awaken, no less than 4 times a night..
I get up for long enough to light a cig., take a couple of puffs, feel guilty, about it, put it out, and have no problem, falling back to sleep.
It bothered me in the beginning, but I don't let it bother me now..
I get 7 to 8 hours, anyway..
Take are.
debora
debora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
Johnny

It was scary at first. You are awake, but just can't move any muscle in your body. Many others share this condition, and I just wanted to see if it was common among drug abusers. I guess not! Thanks, Johnny
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2008, 10:30 AM   #4
Sunny1

Hi Johnny,
I've had sleep paralysis for years, way before taking any opiates. It started after I got sick, with what exacty they don't know. I had symptoms consitent with Lyme Disease, ruled out all other possibilities, but don't test positive for Lyme. I did test positive for Babesiosis a parasite sometimes present along w/Lyme. I always related the sleep stuff to Lyme esp. b/c it improved with antibiotic treatment, but it never went 100% away. It seems that I am stuck with a lot of symtoms for life. Anyways I still get the sleep paralysis once in a blue moon and got it a few times after starting Sub. I kinda think my brain is primed for things now, it tends to freak out very easily and I tend to get Lyme symptoms that come back harder again under stressful circumstances or new medications. weird, I don't know how to explain it well. For example if I don't get enough sleep on a regualr basis, I tend to get sleep paralysis, sleep jerks, and I never had any of that before I got sick.
I can't say for sure about drug addiction worsening it since I think my underlying problems are what have a greater affect on everything incl. the sleep.

Take Care and I'm glad to read that overall you've felt very well since starting Sub!!!: )
Sunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote