Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 05-09-2008, 03:50 PM   #1
scootergalp

Default Possible Side Effect?

You know how you feel the morning after having a really good work out at the gym,but you haven't been there in a long time? That's how I've felt every morning since I started taking the sub. I'm really sore every morning. Could that be a side effect?

Scott
scootergalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
kashka
Banned

That's really funny Scott because I have been EXCACTLY the same. I feel stiff and sore all over and it's really hard to stretch my joints out when I first get up. There's some residual lingering soreness during the day. I know it's not the naloxone as i take subutex. I reckon it's a side effect for goodness knows what reason but one that I can put up with as the sub is doing such a great job. Beats me though - I've asked my doc about it and he doesn't know either. Cheers, Susan
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #3
Sub-Zero

I found since sub is a painkiller too, I am more comfortable when sleeping and don't move around as much, so when I wake up I'm stiff. Pain isn't supposed to be aside effect of sub so if it keeps up or gets worse tell your doc.
Sub
Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
staticx79

Wow, I feel the exact same way! I used to toss and turn all night, but now on the sub I wake up in the exact same position I feel asleep in. I always wake up a little sore basd on the position I was in when I was sleeping. After about 5 minutes of walking around I fell completely better though.
staticx79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #5
Douglas

Scott,

Is the soreness mainly in your legs. This seems to be a wide spread phenomenon for some. My friend experiences this every day, and he can't figure it out, his ankles swell, gets cramps and is pretty worried about it. As far as the rest of his body, like his arms and back, nothing really to talk about. Mainly his legs.

My biggest gripe is when I wake up, I feel crummy, a little achy and pissed when someone calls me at 7 AM, before I wake at 8. I take my Sub (2mg, usually), take my 1mg benzo, and a cup of coffee and in 30 minutes I feel pretty damn good. I feel slightly depressed in the AM, until I do the above.

Is the pain in the Legs?

Doug
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #6
Douglas

Scott,

Is the soreness mainly in your legs. This seems to be a wide spread phenomenon for some. My friend experiences this every day, and he can't figure it out, his ankles swell, gets cramps and is pretty worried about it. As far as the rest of his body, like his arms and back, nothing really to talk about. Mainly his legs.

My biggest gripe is when I wake up, I feel crummy, a little achy and pissed when someone calls me at 7 AM, before I wake at 8. I take my Sub (2mg, usually), take my 1mg benzo, and a cup of coffee and in 30 minutes I feel pretty damn good. I feel slightly depressed in the AM, until I do the above.

Is the pain in the Legs?

Doug
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 07:16 PM   #7
trish

i too have ache in my thighs..most of the day actually..and when im kneeling or are on the floor and have to get up it kind of hurts.. my legs r pretty stiff too.. definitly must be the sub..nice to know at least im not alone..
trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 07:16 PM   #8
trish

i too have ache in my thighs..most of the day actually..and when im kneeling or are on the floor and have to get up it kind of hurts.. my legs r pretty stiff too.. definitly must be the sub..nice to know at least im not alone..
trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:47 PM   #9
mark123

Wow! I thought I was having the soreness in the morning due to getting older! I am so glad that someone brought this up, because I thought it was just me.

My legs are unbelievably stiff in the mornings...every morning.

So I can get up and out to work in decent shape, I drink a lot of caffiene and sometimes take 800mg of Advil. I take my Sub after I eat and once all that is in me, I feel OK.

I was also thinking that maybe it was some kind of withdrawls, but that is not possible, because I am on too high of a dose for it to be waring off over night.

Does anyone else do anything or have some method of relieving this morning stiffness/pain?

Thanks

Mark
mark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:47 PM   #10
mark123

Wow! I thought I was having the soreness in the morning due to getting older! I am so glad that someone brought this up, because I thought it was just me.

My legs are unbelievably stiff in the mornings...every morning.

So I can get up and out to work in decent shape, I drink a lot of caffiene and sometimes take 800mg of Advil. I take my Sub after I eat and once all that is in me, I feel OK.

I was also thinking that maybe it was some kind of withdrawls, but that is not possible, because I am on too high of a dose for it to be waring off over night.

Does anyone else do anything or have some method of relieving this morning stiffness/pain?

Thanks

Mark
mark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 10:34 PM   #11
scootergalp

Wow.....I guess it isn't that unusual. The pain is in my back and legs. I'm not sure about my upper body. I'll try to pay more attention tomorrow.

Scott
Unread 05-09-2008, 10:34 PM   #12
scootergalp

Wow.....I guess it isn't that unusual. The pain is in my back and legs. I'm not sure about my upper body. I'll try to pay more attention tomorrow.

Scott
Unread 05-10-2008, 05:11 AM   #13
kashka
Banned

This is quite astounding. It looks like a new side effect has been uncovered. Mark - I too thought "hmm i'm just getting older"!!!
My legs are so stiff in the morning I can barely unbend them!!
Well - at least it sounds like its "normal" and I'll stop worrying about it also - for me too mainly in legs and lower back and oh my knees!!!! Cheers, from Susan in Oz.
Unread 05-10-2008, 05:11 AM   #14
kashka
Banned

This is quite astounding. It looks like a new side effect has been uncovered. Mark - I too thought "hmm i'm just getting older"!!!
My legs are so stiff in the morning I can barely unbend them!!
Well - at least it sounds like its "normal" and I'll stop worrying about it also - for me too mainly in legs and lower back and oh my knees!!!! Cheers, from Susan in Oz.
Unread 05-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #15
spoint1
Way Cool Member

I too wake up in the morning stiff and sore, and this has only happened since I started the Suboxone. In addition, my hands are very puffy- first it was just when I woke up & it eased as the day progressed. Then I developed trigger finger in my left 3rd (THE finger!) finger. Now both hands are puffy & sore, and I can hardly make fists for most of the morning. I have an ortho doc appt next week to address the trigger finger.
Some mornings I wake up very tired & foggy -like today- and other mornings I'm more normal. Some mornings I take some tylenol to ease my early morning aches, and others I just get so busy that I ignore it.
I'm going to ask my shrink/sub doc at my next app in June "wazzup wif dis s**t?"
spoint1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #16
spoint1
Way Cool Member

I too wake up in the morning stiff and sore, and this has only happened since I started the Suboxone. In addition, my hands are very puffy- first it was just when I woke up & it eased as the day progressed. Then I developed trigger finger in my left 3rd (THE finger!) finger. Now both hands are puffy & sore, and I can hardly make fists for most of the morning. I have an ortho doc appt next week to address the trigger finger.
Some mornings I wake up very tired & foggy -like today- and other mornings I'm more normal. Some mornings I take some tylenol to ease my early morning aches, and others I just get so busy that I ignore it.
I'm going to ask my shrink/sub doc at my next app in June "wazzup wif dis s**t?"
spoint1 is offline   Reply With Quote