Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 01-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
anabolic1979

Default Teva brand subutex now available!!!

The day has finally come! For all of the people like myself who hate Roxanne and that hi-tech brand subutex but have had to suffer without any other option... TEVA has now started production of their Buprenorphine hcl 8mg and 2mg tabs and has begun shipping to their distributors. TEVA was the only generic I tried that I thought was close to the name brand and I was excited about that. I only got to use it for one 2 weeks refill because it went on Backorder right after so I have been waiting and emailing teva every 6 weeks or so since last spring. I just received a email from TEVA confirming this information so hope this helps anyone who was waiting.
anabolic1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to anabolic1979 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-30-2013)
Unread 01-30-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
surfsupl

"TEVA has now started production of their Buprenorphine hcl 8mg and 2mg tabs and has begun shipping to their distributors." They have started production but I have to wonder if their will be some sort of lag time between shipping them out? Just a thought. Hope they arrive soon.
surfsupl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
anabolic1979

There was a member who posted yesterday that their pharmacy was able to order them the TEVA brand so I think they might be available already to some pharmacies distributors.
Unread 02-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
manohealing

WAIT IS TEVA THE GENRIC, the true generic. Im I getting excited for nothing. HELP!
manohealing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
manohealing

OH, this is not what I thought you were saying, this is for those lucky enough to have a doctor smart enough to know that the second ingredient does nothing, not really.
Unread 02-07-2013, 01:11 AM   #6
anabolic1979

Yea.. Anyway apparently only the 2mg tabs are available right now. Still waiting on the 8mg tabs to become available for pharmacies to order from distributors. Sucks for me! I was really excited about getting the TEVA's on my refill this week but it didn't happen... I'm just soo annoyed by this whole cluster F**K with this generic subutex situation. I've been waiting almost a year now for these things to come back and having to use the other generic versions that suck! I'm tired... Teva did not mention in the emails to me that there was a lag between the 2mg and 8mg tabs! I was very specific in my email to them, so this just really bums me out. Now I have to wait another 2 weeks at least before I can even have another pharmacy check the availability of the 8mg tabs. Someone mentioned that they wouldn't be out till march in a post a few days ago which if true really sucks!
Unread 02-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
asouth32

I dont know what type of Subutex that I had for that one month but it seemed like it wasnt as strong as the strips. I dont think it absorbed very well, but these pills were VERY tiny. They almost looked like blood pressure pills or water pills in size comparison. I went back in to get the rest of my script and they gave me bigger pills like almost the size of a vitamin or an Alka Seltzer. Is the TEVA a better generic? Does it absorb better? I was just wondering because I see you guys posting about this better generic, just wondering if that was the reasoning because the other doesnt absorb as well or something? I know that those little tiny Subutex that they gave me the first half of the month just didnt seem to cut the mustard so to speak, but the second half of the month those were better. It might have something to do with storage and how old the pills were, I know that they have to rotate them out but at our pharmacy they dont keep things stocked up for long.
asouth32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
gotoffmdone

Sounds like the HiTech brand. Even the 8mg tabs are about the size of a baby aspirin. Very easy to swallow to soon. And they don't melt they dissolve as soon as the hit the mouth.

They are smaller than theTEVA 2mg tabs. There is no way to take half of one. Try cutting it up and it crumbles.

wayne

wayne
gotoffmdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #9
surfsupl

What is the better generic out of these 2? Roxanne or Hi-Tech? Or should I ask the pros & cons between the 2? Or if you had a choice between these 2 what would it be and why?

Thanks

Last edited by surfsupl; 02-07-2013 at 08:53 PM..
Unread 02-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #10
gotoffmdone

If stuck with either or, I would choose Roxane, only because of size and it seems to have fillers in it that don't crumble.

The HiTech brand is the one I feel most like I am wasting my money and not getting stable. I have a hard time keeping it in place and it melts too soon. So not only is the Bupe part of the pill(if present) junk, the pill itself makes it harder to get to the Bupe. The HiTech 8mg pill is smaller than the Teva 2mg pill.

With Roxane I can at least keep it in place and have it melt. But again, the term generic equivilent doesn't seem to apply. An 8mg Roxane is about twice the size of an aspirin and a little harder.

TEVA tablets appear to be like the brandname Subutex in everyway(even oval shaped).

And the Teva brand has cost me more than either of the other two. Could that be due to quality of the generic. I am not sure about that but the quality is better.

wayne
gotoffmdone is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to gotoffmdone For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-08-2013)
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #11
anabolic1979

Absolutely! The hi-tech is the worst... roxanne is only better because hi-tech is so awful lol. I would just get roxanne and keep checking with pharmacies in your to know when TEVA brand becomes available and have them order it for you. Then compare for yourself...
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #12
surfsupl

I had mine filled w/Hi-Tech this time. Never had them b4. I was able to cut it in 4 pieces with a razor blade no problem. I will ask for Teva next week when I go back for more.
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:59 AM   #13
anabolic1979

Ouch those little things are way under dosed!
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #14
manohealing

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolic1979 View Post
Yea.. Anyway apparently only the 2mg tabs are available right now. Still waiting on the 8mg tabs to become available for pharmacies to order from distributors. Sucks for me! I was really excited about getting the TEVA's on my refill this week but it didn't happen... I'm just soo annoyed by this whole cluster F**K with this generic subutex situation. I've been waiting almost a year now for these things to come back and having to use the other generic versions that suck! I'm tired... Teva did not mention in the emails to me that there was a lag between the 2mg and 8mg tabs! I was very specific in my email to them, so this just really bums me out. Now I have to wait another 2 weeks at least before I can even have another pharmacy check the availability of the 8mg tabs. Someone mentioned that they wouldn't be out till march in a post a few days ago which if true really sucks!
Feel glad you are able to even get generic. I would be happy to have just any generic instead of having to pay full price for the films.
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #15
anabolic1979

Not those little hi tech pills! You need to double your normal dose in order to not go into withdrawals. Avoid them at all costs
Unread 02-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #16
surfsupl

I find the last comment 100% does not apply to me.
One User Says Thank You to surfsupl For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-17-2013)
Unread 02-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #17
anabolic1979

You must be on a really low dose then.. Because if you were taking 8mg or more of those hi-tech pills at a time then you would notice a big difference. Maybe it's because they dissolve so fast but I went through my 2 week supply in 6 days the last time I got stuck with them. It was a nightmare