Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 09-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
Christine0120

Default Work, and napping???

I got up very early this morning, and around noon, I felt like I needed to nap before getting ready for work. I layed down, and the samething happened as at night, I start seeing strange things as soon as I closed my eyes. I never felt like i was fully asleep, because I could hear things in the house. I was sweating profusely as well. Next thing I knew, it was an hour and a half later.

At work tonight I couldn't remember anything unless I wrote it down. I also felt very tired. Has anyone experienced this???
Christine0120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 08:55 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Christine0120, what dose are you at? Have you lowered it at all and when?

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 11:48 AM   #3
Christine0120

Hi Nancy!
I am taking 16mg a day.
Unread 09-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #4
NancyB
Administrator

Hi again, how many days have you been taking 16mg?
Sometimes it takes a couple/three days to notice a reduction.

If it's been more than that, then you might want to try reducing another 4mg and see how that goes.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-11-2009)
Unread 09-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #5
Christine0120

I have been taking it for a few days. Maybe cut down Monday?
Unread 09-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #6
NancyB
Administrator

Hi, you could try cutting down today, if you haven't taken all 16 yet.
Or try tomorrow. There's really no reason to wait until Monday, in my opinion anyways. lol

The sooner you get stabilized, the better you'll start feeling.
BUT if you reduce and get any WDs or bad cravings, you can go up even 1 or 2mg - don't risk relapse.

Nancy
Unread 09-11-2009, 07:30 PM   #7
neisy58

hi christine0120,
i sure hope you find the right dose that keeps you from dosing,i have been on 8 mgs a day from the start and never have had a problem with dosing.
the only time i ever felt like i was tired during the day was when i took more than i was supposed to of the sub,i thought i needed more when i didn't.
it was my addicted brain telling me that.
i take 4 mgs in the morn and 4 mgs in the early afternoon.
i hope your dr finds the right dose for you.
good luck,
denise
Unread 09-12-2009, 07:28 PM   #8
vhappy

Hi Christine,
I have found myself very tired in the afternoon, for me that was a sign to reduce my dose. When I have followed my body, my brain seems to follow too, and have not had any problems. I also tried a reduction because I felt like seeing if I could do it and it did not work out to well. Every now and then I get a chance to take a nap on the weekend. Every sinse I have been on suboxone I can not sleep, even if I am really tired. I lay there in kinda a "daze". However I find that I feel rested after that. I have never slept better in my life at night sinse starting suboxone. (although my husband claims that I talk alot in my sleep). In the afternoon when I get sleepy, I take a break go to starbucks....and get my second wind.
vhappy
vhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to vhappy For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-12-2009)
Unread 09-12-2009, 11:19 PM   #9
Christine0120

vhappy-lol about the talking in your sleep. I never slept with my mouth open, now I do, and i drool! My husband woke up and watched me moaning and groaning one morning. He asked who I was dreaming about!
Unread 09-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #10
vhappy

Christine,
Those are exactly the same things my husband "accusses me of".............He also asked what I am dreaming about, and I never remember. I imagine the "drool thing" is real attractive!
Vhappy
Unread 09-14-2009, 01:19 PM   #11
Christine0120

Vhappy-It is pretty embarrassing. I have never snored before either. Now I snore, drool, moan, and sleep with my mouth open...really attractive is right!!!
Unread 09-14-2009, 07:18 PM   #12
vhappy

Christine,
It must be the suboxone, as I have been married 27 years, and never done any of those things until suboxone. He wakes me up, because I wake him up. This usaully occurs about 4 or 5 in the morning.....another possibility could be the 20lbs I have put on sinse starting suboxone. I drank my coffee black for years and suddenly started drinking real sugary coffee's. Along with the pound of candy I was eating every night. 20lbs is no small thing as I am only 5 feet tall, however I can deal with the weight thing and my husband has no complaints. I cut all sugar out a few weeks ago and the lbs are dropping. I am going to Belize in Feb (my reward to myself) and don't want to have to wear a "moo moo" so I am motivated. I didn't want to take on to much on at once. Now if i could just quit that "damned smoking" WHO starts smoking when they are 40????????
Vhappy
Unread 09-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #13
Christine0120

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhappy View Post
Christine,
It must be the suboxone, as I have been married 27 years, and never done any of those things until suboxone. He wakes me up, because I wake him up. This usaully occurs about 4 or 5 in the morning.....another possibility could be the 20lbs I have put on sinse starting suboxone. I drank my coffee black for years and suddenly started drinking real sugary coffee's. Along with the pound of candy I was eating every night. 20lbs is no small thing as I am only 5 feet tall, however I can deal with the weight thing and my husband has no complaints. I cut all sugar out a few weeks ago and the lbs are dropping. I am going to Belize in Feb (my reward to myself) and don't want to have to wear a "moo moo" so I am motivated. I didn't want to take on to much on at once. Now if i could just quit that "damned smoking" WHO starts smoking when they are 40????????
Vhappy
VHappy You CRACK ME UP!!!
All of my episodes are in the morning too! I also am drinking sugar in my coffee and going to Starbucks daily for a fix. I binged on birthday cake the past 2 nights in a row (thanks to my now 3 year old's birthday). I have eaten more cake than everyone. I am smoking 2 times as much as before subozone, and I have NEVER lit up with my morning coffee until now.
I need to quit too, but one thing at a time!
Just curious...how many mg are you on? I haven't read your story...
Hugs!
Christine
Unread 09-15-2009, 02:01 AM   #14
vhappy

Christine,
I have been on suboxone almost 10 months, I started at 16 and am now at 8. I dropped the last 4mg over the last 6 weeks. Suboxone ranks high on my list, as one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I had tried to stop opiates several times myself and always failed and began to feel hopeless, until I heard about suboxone. I live in Alaska and flew to Seattle to get treatment. (now I do phone consults) I think I will stay at 8 for awhile. Suboxone also seems to work as a great anti-depressant for me also, so I think I will sit tight for a while. I LOVE STARBUCKS and visit 2 to 3 times a day. My drink of choice was vanilla lahti now my drink of choice is "venti nonfat, sugarfree, vanilla lahti". My co-workers tease me, because they can see the 2 large coffee's comming through the door before they see me! I also smoke twice as much. A few times I have forgot to take my suboxone until 3-4 instead of first thing in the morning. Within half hour of taking it, my smoking doubled.

Aren't 3 year old's great! (gotta take the good with the bad) My 3 year old grandson lives with us 5 days a week. He can really talk now and tell us what's going on. He loves spongebob and ben 10. And insist he is spiderman most the day. He doesn't have a Dad in his life and only 1/2 Mother (my daughter but that's another story) He is very interested in everything now and asks tons of questions, one that he always asks latley is where my mom and dad are? I always expalin that they died and went to heaven. Today he looked at me a long time and asked my why I killed them As my mouth hung open I realized, even in cartoons that when someone bops another character on the head they fall over and are dead. That's why I love those little guys they make you think...I hope yours had a great Birthday, enjoy them they grow up so fast! My kids are now 22,23 and 24 (yes I was not welcome at any of my friends house's for several years when they were small)
take care,
VHappy
Unread 09-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #15
Christine0120

Vhappy~So nice to get to know a little more about you! ALASKA? Wow-isn't it light there longer during summer, and dark longer in winter? I am not sure, so some education from someone who actually lives there is so cool! You are going to laugh when I tell you, I have NEVER seen snow. I live on the East Coast of FL. I have traveled north, as far as NY and NJ, CO, NC, GA. That's about it. No snow any of the trips I have taken, although I have tried!

There is no way a non-fat, sugar free VL from Starbucks can taste as good as the regular. Did you eventually get used to it? I am not losing weight as fast if I were going sugar free. The birthday cake is going in the garbage tonight!

Take care,
Christine
Unread 09-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #16
vhappy

Christine,
When ever I get a chance to brag about this great state I live in I just love it. I wrote a very long post all about Alaska. I not only live in Alaska but on a Island. Anyway I was inspired to write, wrote this big long post, posted it and poof....it's gone. Why is it that our most inspired post always disappear. I checked under my name and it must be in cyber space. I am at work, but will try to recapture some of my thoughts tonight. Oh and on the birthday cake...good luck throwing it away! My brain is getting better, but still wants to think like an addict. I could have rationalized a million reasons to eat that whole cake and not throw it away. (one day at a time)
Vhappy
Unread 09-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #17
Christine0120

Hey V!
Write your post in an E-mail then copy and paste it, so you won't lose it if something goes wrong. I spent over a hlaf hour on a post and the same exact thing happened to me. OMike gave me the idea.
Would love to see you on the Good Morning thread (although I post mostly at night on this board), and we just started a weight loss/excercise thread in the Off Topic Forum.
Be back later tonight!
Christine
Unread 10-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #18
thebadbambino

Hey vhappy, there were no places in Alaska to get suboxone? I noticed you went to Seattle for it.
thebadbambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2009, 01:19 AM   #19
vhappy

Hi thebadbambino, I just read your other post about dosing and craves and it really made alot of sense to me. We have a few places in Anchorage, one that even takes medicaid and medicaid even pays for the flight back and forth. I believe Alaska only has about 14 doctors all together. When I used the physician locater I found one 2 miles from my place WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT. I live on a Island. And he was someone I knew from my work world. I buried my pride and went to see him, however he had quit dispensing it he said because he felt alot of the people he had perscribed it for were abusing it, and also said to much red tape (whatever that means) Well back to your question. I actually go to Bellingham Wa. becasuse I have a good friend there that I could share this with and stay with her while I got stable on suboxone. I had read alot of things and thought I might have to stay a month to get stablized and continue my doctor visits. I don't know anyone in Anchorage I would want to stay with and didn't want to have to stay in a hotel for a month. I couldn't have been more wrong. I was very lucky to have no side effects went on 8 the first day and ended at 16 after a week. I saw my doctor several times that week and was done. It was the best thing I ever did for myself! I only need to fly down once a year now and do phone consults the rest of the time. I get my suboxone via Fedex every month. The timing is pretty close, because my insurance won't pay until a few days before, but it has worked out well so far.
Vhappy