Addiction Survivors

Unread 04-06-2017, 09:05 PM   #2201
lostdog

So pretty thanks for sharing Millie. I just went and saw my elementary school and house I lived in as little girl. It is amazing how the memory retains so much on your own direction from 45 years ago. Feel better soon and have fun.
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2017, 06:45 AM   #2202
Alexis

That sounds cool LD, you are doing some great stuff!

Millie, i hope you slept well and hope the sun comes out for you today a little.

Any plans this weekend apart from either the cabin or spring cleaning!? xx
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2017, 10:19 AM   #2203
lostdog

Hi Millie, I hope you are feeling great today and have a peaceful day.
Unread 04-09-2017, 07:27 PM   #2204
Millie

Thanks, guys.

What a nice couple of days so far. Yesterday was Draw a Bird Day, so I drew a lyrebird, and it wasn't half bad if I do say so.

And today I drew my best bud a pair of cedar waxwings for his birthday, and finally got some paint on a canvas for a project I've been mulling. Just a background, but it's a start. Feels really good.

The sun has been out some today, and what a difference that makes!

Also did some cleaning. So satisfying. Cleaned up my little meditation room, so maybe I'll get in there and use it again...
Millie is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-09-2017)
Unread 04-09-2017, 08:41 PM   #2205
lostdog

you are very talented. let me know the best way to begin meditation again, I kinda went off of it for a while now.
Unread 04-09-2017, 10:21 PM   #2206
Millie

I've been using Headspace.com. Super accessible and relatable.
Thank You (04-10-2017)
Unread 04-09-2017, 11:20 PM   #2207
Millie

Hey Alexis, what's that site that you use to post anonymous stuff?
Unread 04-10-2017, 06:59 AM   #2208
Alexis

Photos? just upload to here, http://photobucket.com/

You dont have to sign up, you can just upload a photo, then right click on the uploaded photo 'open image in new tab' then copy and paste the url here

cant wait to see the images!!

The sun, art...cleanses the soul im sure!

xx
Unread 04-12-2017, 11:08 AM   #2209
Alexis

Hey Millie, how did the tidying of the house go?? I just did my room and it feel so good to have a clean room haha it was such a tip! Hope you are well? xx
Unread 04-12-2017, 01:31 PM   #2210
Millie

Hi Alexis!

The tidying went okay. Took small bites and made sure to relax. I have such an amazingly busy week this week, I thought I'd better allow myself a little bit of weekend. The highlight was discovering an amazing new furniture polish that makes all the wood look like new! Again, simple pleasures....

Tried to do a short run yesterday for the first time in three weeks, and oh boy was it rough. So many walk breaks. I'm going to try again this afternoon, but I'm a little discouraged. And have a personal training appointment tomorrow, also for the first time in three weeks. I need to ramp up quickly, so I hope my body is up for it.

Got to sight read the final movement of Saint-Saens's Organ Symphony last night (it's one of my very favorite symphonies ever ever ever), and that was super fun. There are a couple of tricky spots, but I think I'll be ready for the first performance tomorrow.

Also started a drawing class on Monday. Boy was that interesting. I've never been scared of a crumpled paper bag, but boy was it hard to draw! I saw it sitting on the table and my heart just sank. I did have to tell myself I was excited and not nervous. ABOUT A PAPER BAG. *sigh*
Unread 04-12-2017, 01:52 PM   #2211
Alexis

Hey Millie,

cool news about the polish, could do with that myself haha

Sorry your run didnt go well, but keep at it, you know the more you do you will improve. But just go at your pace. Dont force it and get injured. You know all this anyway, just a little reminder

haha wow a paper bag is a real hard thing to start you guys on!!! Congrats for getting it done. would like to see

Hey we should set each other things to draw? Both draw it and then share our images!? Could be fun!

The bird is brilliant, loving the face and feet especially, so delicate. Good job! Keep going.

Love you Millie, and wishing i could high five you in person xx
Unread 04-12-2017, 01:58 PM   #2212
Millie

Thanks for being kind, Alexis.

Sure, I'd be into that, except that you're an artist and I'm not, so you'd have to be extremely nice and tolerant with me.

And yeah, the run... the only thing is that I really still want to run this race. If I can just get a reasonable distance in before then, I'm okay with running slowly. We'll see. I do listen to my body, so if it gets to be too much, I'll have some decisions to make.
Unread 04-12-2017, 02:02 PM   #2213
Alexis

Great, well im not really great at drawing so dont worry haha

What should we pick first, do you want first choice?!

xx
Unread 04-12-2017, 02:18 PM   #2214
Millie

I'm *terrible* at that kind of thing, so please feel free...

I have work every day and performances every night though, so wouldn't be able to do anything till the weekend when *hopefully* I'll get to go to the woods.
Unread 04-12-2017, 02:51 PM   #2215
Alexis

Wow drawing in the woods. Lucky you!

OK pick from these:

1) Draw Millie, ill draw the cats.
2) Draw your garden (home or the cabin garden!)
3) Draw a bowl of fruit (maybe boring but its a solid one haha)
4) Draw your hands
5) Draw a person falling.

Let me know which one you want to do, ill do the same x
Unread 04-12-2017, 02:59 PM   #2216
Millie

I think I'd better start with #3. I'm a beginner!
Unread 04-12-2017, 03:09 PM   #2217
Alexis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie View Post
I think I'd better start with #3. I'm a beginner!
Great, ill get on it this week x
Unread 04-13-2017, 10:30 AM   #2218
Alexis

Hey Millie, are you off over Easter? Hope work is going ok today xx
Unread 04-14-2017, 05:48 PM   #2219
Millie

Hey Alexis!

Sort of off for Easter, since it's a Sunday... got Easter gigs though, ending tonight. Then it's off to the cabin tomorrow morning for some much-needed nature and time off. And a little drawing.

Just patched up a little long-standing riff with a friend (I think), so that feels good. Had a personal training appointment yesterday and now feel as if I've been beaten severely about the legs and triceps. Hoping that is better enough to run tomorrow, and this had *better* be doing me some good.
Unread 04-14-2017, 08:10 PM   #2220
lostdog

have a fabulous adventurous time at the cabin, lay and enjoy the sounds of nature and recharge yourself. Also, I can hear the music you're playing now, sounds good!
Unread 04-16-2017, 06:53 AM   #2221
Alexis

Hey Millie, enjoy the cabin ! Ill be doing my drawing today

Keep relaxed and happy.

Love you xx
Unread 04-17-2017, 04:05 PM   #2222
Alexis

How was the cabin Millie? xx
Unread 04-20-2017, 12:25 PM   #2223
Millie

Hey Alexis and lostdog. The cabin was nice. I forgot to take drawing supplies, so I haven't drawn fruit yet. (Well, except in my drawing class, and that was terrible and will not be shown here -- he made us use charcoal at the end of a long stick to learn to draw with the whole arm rather than the hand. Very interesting!)

It was great to get outdoors for a bit and just to see the green coming back. I've been terribly grumpy for the past few days, and hoping that'll pass. I did do a slow 6-mile run, so I think I'm getting more on track there. It will still very much be pushing it to try to do the Edinburgh half, but I'm going to continue to train till the last minute and see what happens.

Hope everyone's having a good day. We've had a mix of weather every day lately. It'll be sunny and warm for a couple of hours, then a squall, then sun and rain mixed, with rainbows, then some wind, then clouds... It's very Scottish. Guess I'm training for that too.
Unread 04-20-2017, 12:44 PM   #2224
Alexis

Hey Millie, your drawing class sounds great, very interesting.

Glad you got the run in, thats so impressive.

Regarding the weather, its been rubbish here today. but not cold, i think due to the blanket of cloud.

Anything happening the next few days for you? Hope your mood improves as we run into the weekend xx
Unread 04-20-2017, 01:17 PM   #2225
Millie

Next few days, just trying to run, got a dress rehearsal and a concert, and a personal training appointment tomorrow morning. Hoping I can walk for the few days after it this time. Last time I was SO sore!

Oh, and Saturday is the March for Science. I'm definitely going to that.

Thanks for asking.
Thank You (04-20-2017)
Unread 04-20-2017, 01:20 PM   #2226
Alexis

Sounds great! Busy busy!!

Just googled the March for Science, looks brill.

Oh, we have an election in June. Not that hopeful to get the tories out, but praying....cross your fingers for us!! haha

xx
One User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-20-2017)
Unread 04-20-2017, 01:28 PM   #2227
Millie

I heard about the "snap election." I didn't know they could do that. We live in a weird world right now.

And yeah, looking forward to the march. I wish sensibility would prevail and it would not be necessary to march for such a ridiculous cause as the validity of science, but here we are.
2 Users Say Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-20-2017), Thank You (04-20-2017)
Unread 04-20-2017, 03:38 PM   #2228
lostdog

Good for you, I saw that March in the college paper. I'm going to and elephant and rhino walk after tennis.it is at a huge earth day celebration.Have a fun evening Millie!
Unread 04-20-2017, 03:52 PM   #2229
Millie

Love that, lostdog!!
Unread 04-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #2230
lostdog

Millie, it is a meetup to plan, influence others, for the big walk on Oct. 21st yay!
Unread 04-21-2017, 11:36 AM   #2231
Alexis

Hey Millie, how did the PT session go? Hope you arent too sore!! xx
Unread 04-22-2017, 07:58 PM   #2232
Alexis

Good luck on the march!!!
Unread 04-23-2017, 05:05 AM   #2233
soapdish

I saw this on the BBC and thought you might like to see it:

In Pictures: Science marchers defy rain in Washington DC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39682912

Amazing and I'm thinking of you
there.
Xxx
soapdish is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to soapdish For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-23-2017)
Unread 04-23-2017, 11:24 AM   #2234
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon my dearest Millie. Bright blessings to you.

Ohhh...how wonderful.

You know that saying "process of deduction"....so the mind....scientifically, works in the same way.

How so?

I do not know if you remember several months ago i asked you what sort of scientist you were, and were you going to "close the ozone for us"....remember that?....

Sooooo.....

As our dearest Soapdish has sent you a link, so popped up on the media i use, "Science Marches"...etc, etc.

The VERY FIRST thing that came into my nugget, (head), was MILLIE!

Did ya wear a white coat, with round rimmed spectacles, and a wig with a bald patch? Tell me you don't smoke a pipe and light it with a bunsen burner?

At school...posh school, we did not do "science", we did chemistry, biology and physics. Most of then were "double lessons". I loved all 3, they fascinated me, yet this bear simple did not have the brain to comprehend it.

There was a competition in one of our "science" lessons...an experiment, about who could make a "rocket" go up the highest. We had to work in pairs. There was 9 in the class, so i was on my own, supposed to be helped by the lunatic and psychotic German Master who was missing a finger.

Of course i did not want his help, and if there is a God, he would not have wanted to help me, and the only instructions we got was we could use any of the chemicals, (powder) on these 2 shelfs......yet NOT that shelf.

Sope, the pairs worked it out together, (you know, magnesium for the fuse et al), and have made tubes for their rockets. I turned a plastic pen holder upside down that comprised of 3 tubes of different sizes together, and...with no one looking stuffed it full of "NOT THAT SHELF".....and filled it up with the stuff i was allowed.

Because i was "not a pair" i was last.

The others were more or less the same. Went sideways for 5ft....fizzled and died. We were doing al this outside the chemistry lab.....a playground for the younger ones after lessons.

These 8-12 inch "rockets" were placed with an asbestos board underneath and the tripod that used to sit over bunsen burners.

Then my turn.

Only i knew i had put in "NOT THAT SHELF".....honestly.....i had no idea what was going to happen.

All of us had to use the same fuse, magnesium, checked by the lunatic, who never checked what when into them.

Lit it......and i stood well back i can tell you......what i wise move that was.

It did not fizz and take off. It blew the asbestos mat apart, sending tiny little "fire zips" which landed on the chemistry lab roof, which caught fire. "The blast" sent the children running for their lives......my thinking at the time was if i run with them they will not know it was me.

That didn't work.

Do you know what science has taught me my dearest Millie?

When i am in the supermarket, be very careful of the top shelf.

I hope you have had a positive march, and all joking aside like space exploration...Re science. I simply do not get why humankind "isn't". Probably got too much coffee to sell at the minute.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you my dearest Millie
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-23-2017)
Unread 04-23-2017, 04:13 PM   #2235
lostdog

hope you had a nice day at the march.
Unread 04-23-2017, 04:39 PM   #2236
Millie

Tryn! I always feel so blessed when you stop by my little corner.

Funny you should mention the top shelf. I'm just a skosh over five feet tall. By about an inch. The top shelf doesn't exist to me. I actually had to complain to a grocery store here that if they put the cans of chickpeas on the top shelf, as they did, I had to consistently ask for help. Small in the context of things now.

The march was great. Rained on us, but we're used to it. Then played that lively Brahms requiem in the evening. It was just so fantastic.

Right now, watching The Blue Bird, an old movie that had quite an impact on me as a kid. It's sweet and weird and lovely.
Thank You (04-24-2017)
Unread 04-23-2017, 04:51 PM   #2237
Alexis

Sounds great Millie, proud of you for marching!!

Enjoy the film, one of my favourites from childhood was Neverending Story. wow what a film that is.

xx
Unread 04-23-2017, 04:53 PM   #2238
Millie

I saw that in the theater when it was new. I thought Atreyu was the prettiest boy I'd ever seen!
Unread 04-23-2017, 04:57 PM   #2239
Alexis

Oh man, i'd give anything to see it at the cinema!!! Lucky you! I might have to watch it this week x
Unread 04-23-2017, 05:33 PM   #2240
lostdog

sounds good, I will have to see it, maybe on the tcm channel. have a nice easy sunday...
Unread 04-23-2017, 06:08 PM   #2241
Millie

Yes. Alexis, one of the benefits of being old.
Thank You (04-24-2017)
Unread 04-24-2017, 05:38 AM   #2242
Tryntryagain

Good morning my dearest Millie. Bright blessings to you.

Dear Millie, i fear there has been a terrible misunderstanding between us. You feel "blessed" that i write a letter?

I should have told you that even though i refer to England as "my dear ole Blighty", alas....infact it is not mine. I should have told you, yet i am not royalty.

I did apply for the post, and got through to "final applicants" yet, (insider info) was because my ears were so big Prince Charles would surely get the hump. So maybe if my ears were smaller you might be blessed. (Ohh i dunno, apparently its about whether or not the Crown can fit over the ears...something like that)....so no can do i'm afraid on the blessing front. (Same issue being the Pope, the hat just wouldn't fit look)....

Seriously, the only reason i am not going round to my brothers and sisters places as often as i should is simply because i write such long and comprehensive waffles, and as i read everything that is going on for everyone, try to include us all when i write.

I utterly adore you, and the family, and it is not really possible for Tryn to "pop in and say hi". I am the God of waffling, nonsense, whatnots, neverminds, challenges, wiffles, maybes, should dos, could dos, why don't wes, what are we, and aren't we lucky?

If only i could say what i mean, eh what?

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you my dearest magical Millie
Thank You (04-24-2017)
Unread 04-26-2017, 11:51 AM   #2243
Alexis

How are things Millie? How is your week going? xx
One User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-28-2017)
Unread 04-26-2017, 06:56 PM   #2244
lostdog

yes, Millie, I know you are busy and playing gorgeous music, take care this week.
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-28-2017)
Unread 04-27-2017, 02:17 PM   #2245
Millie

Thanks, guys.

Man have I been blue. I think it's getting better? But I'm not doing well running, not eating as well as I should, not motivated to really do anything other than the bare minimum. And I know I'm the only one who can help all of that. I think I was a little broken after being sick, and it's just tough to repair all of it. Felt (and still am feeling) a little hopeless. Is skipped my drawing class this week, which I regret. Did make it to all my other rehearsals and stuff, and will definitely go see my personal trainer tomorrow and attempt a run today... that regret is not fun.

If the damn sun would just come out, I know that would help. But winter hasn't seemed to get the "vamoose" message yet. I hear rumors that it's supposed to be in the mid-60s next week. I'll believe it when I see it.

Sight read Saint-Saens's Third Symphony last night. It's one of my favorite pieces ever (the musical theme from the last movement is the song the farmer sings in Babe -- that's how I discovered it). And I was the one who personally requested it to perform, like three years ago. So it was finally accepted, and OH MY GOD IT IS SO HARD. I'm actually going to have to practice, and I rarely practice outside of rehearsals. You'd never know by listening to it. So much of it is not on the beat. Very confusing, and soooo many notes. Even for me. I guess it's character-building, and I'll know now to be careful what I ask for. And since I love to avoid embarrassment, I at least have motivation to practice this.
2 Users Say Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-27-2017), Thank You (04-28-2017)
Unread 04-27-2017, 05:33 PM   #2246
lostdog

Big hug with lots of love keep writing.
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-28-2017)
Unread 04-28-2017, 07:52 AM   #2247
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon my dearest magical Millie. Bright blessings to you.

I am sad you have been feeling blue of late. I really do think the weather has to hold its hand up at times as my experience is it can effect mood drastically. Then the ebbs and flows that are just us.

I was speaking about my daughter Schmoo who has passed another exam, is coming over with Aaliyah this weekend to "tell me all about it" to someone else and expressed how quite lovely to see folk "full of themselves"....happy....."on the up", seemingly no challenge unfathomable.

When young we tend to feel when "it's all going great" that we are the driving force, the motivators of that. To some extent of that is true, yet age and wisdom teaches you that it is also....just the ebbs and flows of your journey.

There have been times i have worked my butt off. 100 hours a week, for months and months......and got precisely ****ing nowhere. Then for no real reason everything "clicks".....and what was recently seemingly impossible, now not only possible....yet easy.

I am still on a daily journey to combat the issues i have with depression. I think one of the most important tools i find through experience was to "let it be". Let it happen....let it come....let it wash over you unhindered. There is no remedy for the blues, other than who, and what we are.

This really tricky piece of music you are learning to placate your desire not to feel humiliated, is the "theatre" where the battle of blues will be carried out.

I have found during my journey with depression that my "gifts/talents" actually become a chore during particularly difficult episodes. I feel so annoyed at myself for being blessed with music and "not wanting to play". I understand all too well, the dangerous dichotomy of depression.

Magical Millie, my dear Milan shares with me these days, "when you feel you are absolutely not......you most certainly absolutely are".

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you my dearest magical Millie.
Thank You (04-28-2017)
Unread 04-28-2017, 12:24 PM   #2248
Alexis

Millie im so sorry you have been feeling down makes me sad. I hope things are a little better today?

Yes the sun, *sigh* its meant to be ok here next week but i cant believe how big a difference it makes to emotions. Whats it like there today? I hope it is peeking out for you.

Practising may be nice, its a good distraction im sure!!

Im thinking of you like always xx
Unread 04-28-2017, 08:32 PM   #2249
Millie

Thank you so much, you guys.

Today is indeed better. Did a 7-mile run yesterday, slow and with walk breaks, but got the mileage in, and finished pretty strong. That was reassuring.

And did strength work with my personal trainer this morning. He worked me really hard and I'm so sore. In a good way (I think).

Also got to have lunch with a good friend, and took my doggie for a walk, and the sun is peeking out now and then. The front door is open with the screen door all exposed, and it's soooooooooooooooooo nice to think that spring might actually be here, for even a few minutes.

I still have all the same *reasons* for being blue, but boy how exercise and sunshine can keep it from being all-consuming.
3 Users Say Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-29-2017), Thank You (04-28-2017), Thank You (04-29-2017)
Unread 04-28-2017, 09:52 PM   #2250
lostdog

that's good, Play some of that pretty music. I so wish I could.... or even see your concert. Big hugs and know that you are so special...