Unread 07-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
Coldsoldiers

Default need help plz answer this!!!!!!!😓😖😞😔😳

I been taken subs for 5 days and dnt wana take them anymore Wat do I do
Coldsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Coldsoldiers, you should talk with your doctor to work on a taper plan. What dose are you currently taking? Are you in therapy so you can work on the addiction? Please read this link explaining what addiction is.

http://www.naabt.org/faq_answers.cfm?ID=1

Do you have a support group? Just make sure you have support and work on changing things in your life that need to be changed and fixing anything that may have been damaged while in active addiction.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
vhappy

Hi and welcome,
Just acouple questions, what dose are you on, and what makes you want to quit taking them?
Vhappy
vhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 08:17 PM   #4
Coldsoldiers

I'm on 16 mg a day and dnt wana take them no more because I'm sick of pills and doing bags u no I jus wana do nothin
Coldsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
gotoffmdone

How did you come to be on Sub to start with. Was it your choice or were you coaxed into it. I am just wondering because using it short term as a detox aid is not all that uncommon. But using it for only five days at 16mgs is a bit unusual. Just curious.

Thanks
wayne
gotoffmdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
bizzby45

you could probably just stop after five days but you will most likely relapse and end up right where you were before....sorry to be captain obvious here
bizzby45 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to bizzby45 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-05-2012), Thank You (08-04-2012)
Unread 08-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
alanw

More power to you! Defy the odds and just go for no opiate use! That would be a hole in one!

Alan w
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #8
deanna

Im with Bizzby on this one. I think every single one of us who had become addicted to opiates wants to be completely medication free....but suboxone gives you the chance to fix your life, learn why you abuse drugs, find out who you really are, and not have to chase the high all the time. So the fist thing you have to ask yourself is if you really want to get better. If the answer is yes, then stay on suboxone and work on YOU. Good luck
Unread 08-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #9
jimash55

I agree with Bizzby and Deanna....take this slow and give this medication a chance. We all have tried the just say no method and a very few of us made it.....stay strong !
jimash55 is offline   Reply With Quote