Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 02-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
bizzby45

Default rite aid wont fill script

Ok I'm typing on a tablet so this is going to be abbreviated, walgreens wont take my insurance snymore' I go to fill at rite aid and andrl they wont fill my script cause its from another county! Not state, county! And my Dr is in the next xounty over so its not like I'm filling from across the state! Anyone else have this issue??? I don't fill at the rite aid in the county where doctor is at because I don't need ky script at time of appt becaude I sm on such a low dose. Its not w huge issue Bc I have the sub coupon but come march I cant use that anymore and this xojld be a problem' I may have to fill it on the same day as.ky doctor and just budget more.
bizzby45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
krystaalexandria

I live a county over from where my doctor is and I go to Rite Aid. I've never had a problem filling a script for Subs that was written in Nassau county at a Rite Aid in Suffolk county. It's the same state so it shouldn't be an issue. Did you ask to speak to the person in charge of the pharmacy? They might be able to help. Is it close enough for you to just go to the county it's written in to fill it (for me it would be a 5-10 min drive, but I don't know if it's close for you). Are there any other pharmacies near you that you could try? Maybe a small pharmacy rather then a chain pharmacy?
krystaalexandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
Kia25

I know this thread is from Feb. but it caught my eye.

What's interesting is I have the same situation as Krystaalexandria. My Dr is in Nassau and I fill my script in Suffolk !!

So that being said, I don't see a problem with that. You should be able to fill your scripts anywhere. Shouldnt matter where your doctor is.
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
theswan

Fear mostly motivates these folks. I go to a Hannaford and ALL narcotic medications must be ordered. so, lets say you break your arm and doctor gives you a script for whatever! You must wait at least a day more if it is the weekend.

DEA has been at war with pain patients for years. Patients make easy targets, they just check computers!

Anyway thousands of lives would be saved if the took the profit out.

Glen
theswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
MicheleJ

I go to Rite Aid. My doctor is in a different county than the Rite Aid, but I've never had any issues. I've been going to the same doctor and same Rite Aid for almost 3 years. I'm in PA.
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #6
bizzby45

its fine now, they told me they wont fill from certain doctors but my doctor is fine. my doctor also told me that he works closely with several pharmacies and rite aid is one of them.
bizzby45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
krystaalexandria

The posts regarding anonymity from this one on have been moved to a new thread to get this thread back to the original topic.

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=27678
krystaalexandria is offline   Reply With Quote