Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 04-02-2008, 09:45 PM   #1
NancyB
Administrator

Default *Moved from another topic* Welcome Johanna

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Johanna

I was on subs for 3 years until I moved to WA state and had to come off them because it was so expensive ( they make sub treatment very hard here)and so I started to ween myself off them, but it was the worst thing ever. I was in so much pain for about 2 weeks that I went right back to where I started from with taking pain pills again.

I am trying to get back on the program, but there are not very many doctors in my area who prescribe subs and on top of that none of them take insurance. The one doctor I found cant see me for a couple of weeks and I have stopped taking pain pills and am starting to feel lots of pain. Any thoughts on what I should do? Anything will help me at this point.
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 12:37 AM   #2
Suture

Johanna,
It is very hard to find a good sub doc, but worth it when you do. keep checking the locator on thsi site too, docs area added every week or so.

Welcome to the board!!
S-
Suture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 01:43 AM   #3
Johanna

Thank you for the post. I do look quite often so I hope to find one that is closer to my home.
Johanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 01:55 AM   #4
josie

Johanna, there also may be some doctors that aren't on the list that still take sub patients. You might want to make some calls to some physicians close to your area.

~josie
josie is offline   Reply With Quote