Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 03-27-2016, 11:59 AM   #1201
R. Lee

Most of us get those thoughts iamtrying. You handled it well. I have to remember I am a alcoholic & one drink will be too many & a thousand won't be enough.

Have a great Easter.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-25-2016), Thank You (03-27-2016)
Unread 03-27-2016, 05:42 PM   #1202
lostdog

congrats Iamtrying, you think through the urge to drink so well, take care.
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-25-2016)
Unread 03-27-2016, 10:47 PM   #1203
gmasusie

We all learn from you.
gmasusie is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to gmasusie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-25-2016)
Unread 03-28-2016, 06:36 AM   #1204
Tryntryagain

Good morning dear I Am Trying. Bright blessings to you.

Good job.

I never know when i will think of a drink. At first i thought it would be stress, then i found myself wanting a drink when i was really "on form", so that didn't make any sense.

Now i just accept i can be buying an umbrella, or a cwoffee. I can be playing with my grandkids in the park, and...just like that.....alcohol.

As soon as it does it seems to come along with "made to measure justifications". For me, it is those justifications i must ignore.

You have.

Happy Easter to you.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you dearest I Am Trying.
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-25-2016)
Unread 03-31-2016, 09:01 PM   #1205
iamtrying

Good evening...

Thank you for kind words...

Day 466 no drinks feeling good...

Remembering, one day at a time, I am responsible for my actions and their consequences, thinking thru the first drink...relax and focus..

I am doing fine...busy...

Have a great evening...stay safe and stay sober...
iamtrying is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to iamtrying For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-01-2016), Thank You (04-01-2016)
Unread 04-01-2016, 11:19 AM   #1206
R. Lee

Thanks for the update iamtrying. Great job.
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-03-2016)
Unread 04-01-2016, 12:06 PM   #1207
lostdog

excellent, may the spring continue to bring forth the pretty flowers to you
Thank You (04-03-2016)
Unread 04-06-2016, 01:09 AM   #1208
gmasusie

Glad you are still here, Iam.
Thank You (04-06-2016)
Unread 04-06-2016, 01:58 PM   #1209
iamtrying

Good afternoon...

Thanks for all the kind words...

Day 472 no drinks feeling good....

Remembering, one day at a time, I am responsible for my actions and their consequences, think thru the first drink and urge...relax and focus...

Have a great day...stay safe and stay sober...
Thank You (04-06-2016), Thank You (04-06-2016)
Unread 04-07-2016, 09:38 AM   #1210
R. Lee

Keep adding those sober days one day at a time. Have a great day iamtrying.
Thank You (04-15-2016)
Unread 04-08-2016, 03:48 PM   #1211
jenm

You are awesome!!! Love, Jenm
jenm is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-15-2016)
Unread 04-15-2016, 05:17 PM   #1212
iamtrying

Good afternoon...

Thanks JenM and Rlee and all...

Day 481 no drinks feeling good...

Remembering, one day at a time, I am responsible for my actions and their consequences, think thru the first drink and urge ...relax and focus

Have a great weekend..stay sober and stay safe
Thank You (04-15-2016), Thank You (04-15-2016)
Unread 04-16-2016, 10:14 AM   #1213
R. Lee

Way to go my friend in sobriety.
Thank You (04-22-2016)
Unread 04-16-2016, 01:17 PM   #1214
gmasusie

You are an inspiration!
Thank You (04-22-2016)
Unread 04-21-2016, 12:11 PM   #1215
lostdog

that is a lot of days , I remember your first day here. time goes by and you help us so much, thank you!
Thank You (04-22-2016)
Unread 04-22-2016, 10:25 AM   #1216
iamtrying

Good morning...

Thank you all for kind words..

Day 488 no drinks feeling good...

Remembering, one day at a time, I am responsible for my actions and their consequences, think thru the first drink and urge...relax and focus

have a great weekend...stay sober and stay safe...

on a sad note..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8BMm6Jn6oU

Prince RIP
One User Says Thank You to iamtrying For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-22-2016)
Unread 04-22-2016, 10:58 AM   #1217
R. Lee

Stay the course iamtrying!!
Thank You (04-25-2016)
Unread 04-25-2016, 02:57 AM   #1218
iamtrying

Hi all...

I am devastated today....for whatever personal reason...i had been in good relation and very very faithful...found something which is very unacceptable...i am very heart broken...i did drink, yes , i drank today...sorry ...i feel stupid and very hurt....i didn't know how to handle it...i am all in tears and felt heart broken...i don't want to reveal more...i have been a private person in a way...so sorry for myself for my behavior and myself....I will pray to God to give me strength...you are my family...i felt i had no where to go...

sorry...i am truly hurt
Unread 04-25-2016, 06:15 AM   #1219
gmasusie

Dearest Iam, You are finding out one of the toughest truths of the serenity prayer: there are things we cannot change. One of them is that we are all human, and we all make mistakes. Does your partner know that you know?

Don't think of this as a failure on your part. Remember the tremendous success you have had and will have again. I do believe that drinking will make this more difficult to deal with clearly. As RLee says, "Think through that next drink." It will not help you.

Please feel free to talk. We do know how private you are. I hope you know by now that we are not here to judge you but to support you.

So, now, your partner is human, and you are human. These are facts to accept; we cannot change them. My heart goes out to you.

Susie
Thank You (04-25-2016)
Unread 04-25-2016, 06:58 AM   #1220
NancyB
Administrator

Hi iamtrying, the only thing I can add to what Susie said is to please be gentle on yourself. It's done and over, and we can't change the past. I hope you have someone you can confide in to help you with what is going on. If not, really think about finding a counselor to help you navigate this.

Not to sound trite, but today is a new day. Day 1.

We're here for you.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-25-2016)
Unread 04-25-2016, 07:03 AM   #1221
Alexis

iam,

thank you for being honest, we are human, we love you very much and we look forward to seeing those days increase again. Youve done it once, you can do it again.

Talk to us, we are here for you xxx
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-25-2016), Thank You (04-25-2016)
Unread 04-25-2016, 10:38 AM   #1222
R. Lee

iantrying. You were hurt & you drank. I just went through being hurt & I have not drank so far. If my thinking gets in the way I could take a drink. We are alcoholics.

Maybe make a gratitude list

All I can suggest is that you pick yourself up dust yourself off & start over remembering 1 day at a time, I am responsible for my actions & their consequences, think through the 1st. drink & urge... relax & focus.

You will be OK!! Hugs iamtrying.
Thank You (04-25-2016)
Unread 04-25-2016, 10:58 AM   #1223
nan

iamtrying, I am proud of you for being honest with us. Get it out in the open and deal with it, that is a good thing to do. I am sorry you have been so hurt, life really sucks sometimes, but we do get through the tough times if we so choose to. You came here and told us about it, that is the first step. Look forward, not back. Talk to us and/or find a counselor you trust, get everything out in the open and then take steps to get better. You will.

nan
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to nan For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-25-2016, 12:36 PM   #1224
lostdog

It happens and I think about drinking so much. You told us and I will never judge you at all. You are a sweet person and deserve only the best, big hug with luv to you!
2 Users Say Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-25-2016, 01:07 PM   #1225
Sam Bailey

Hello Iamtrying!!

Yes, you WILL be okay.

If I'm not mistaken, this "relationship" situation is your first major bump in the road---while you were sober.

It was your first experience dealing with such a huge emotional wallop and, probably, you neglected to use that one tool/saying we talk about so often: Don't drink, no matter what.

Yet IAT? It's okay, kid, it really is. Not your "emotional relationship situation," I don't mean that...although I surely do hope that IT gets cared for sooner than later...

...I mean that you drank. That's okay. Not that it's good. It's not good. It just IS. It does not erase all those other days in which you didn't drink.

So.

Get up, dust your britches off and get right back on that horse.

Another thing.

You likely knew this before you drank, you certainly know it now: the drinking did not fix one damn thing, right? Not any part of your problem. Nope. All it did was make it more complicated.

So, yes, get up. Forgive yourself. Get and keep a clear head.....then go about handling whatever emotional issues you need to handle in order to get your bad-self back on the Right-Thing-Train!

You will do this, I am certain you will!

best,

sam
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to Sam Bailey For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-25-2016, 02:40 PM   #1226
Millie

Hi, Iamtrying.

I get not wanting to share, and that's okay. This is very anonymous though, and I have seen absolutely superhuman non-judging here. So if you ever think it will help to type stuff out (even if you delete it before posting!), we are here for you.

What Sam and the others said is correct. This certainly doesn't devalue the time you spent sober. You are amazing, and strong.

It's okay to be overwhelmed, and I so very much understand just needing to escape. Might be a good idea to make a list of alternatives to have on hand in case of crises.

But most of all, I'm so very, very, very sorry that your heart is hurting. I hate that people have such an extraordinary ability to hurt each other, whether intentional or not, and I'm sorry that whatever happened happened to you. I hope you can find a silver lining soon, and some peace within yourself. I have my lovingkindness yoga class tomorrow night, and the subject will be giving out kindness (last week it was accepting kindness from others). I will dedicate my practice to you. Hugs, iamtrying.
Millie is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-25-2016, 03:46 PM   #1227
iamtrying

Thanks for kind words, my wife cheated on me (i believe from what i know, she still doesn't agree, I have to find the truth..). i have a son 10+ yrs, i am very worried about him. I don't know how to handle all this...i had consultation with attorney today, looks like have to dissolve lot of things...and most importantly my son doesn't want it this happen. He is hurt...nobody knows about the attorney i met today...i am thinking broader implications ....any suggestions...any alternatives...I don't want my son to go thru this....

I threw away rest of the beer i got from gas station...i think i can control that for now...thank you all for your support...
One User Says Thank You to iamtrying For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-25-2016)
Unread 04-25-2016, 06:24 PM   #1228
R. Lee

I can't make any suggestions on the attorney other than there is no hurry. You are no good to your son as a drunk. Think through that next urge to drink & you will be OK & OK is good. Love you Brother.
Unread 04-25-2016, 06:39 PM   #1229
iamtrying

Thanks Rlee , I quit drinking because of my son, Nothing is important than him in this world for me. House means a lot to me and him, he grew up from baby, I want to save it...i wrote couple of suggestions to attorney...he has to get back...i am ready to pick up most of mortgage if need be...but i want to be smart, I have not gone thru this situation before...
Unread 04-25-2016, 06:59 PM   #1230
Millie

My only advice would be not to rush into anything. Finding out the truth is a very good idea, or at least getting an understanding, before taking big actions.

Love to you, iamtrying. This sounds like a super tough situation, and I'm sorry you're going through it.
One User Says Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-25-2016)
Unread 04-25-2016, 07:04 PM   #1231
Alexis

I cant advise IaM, but i want you to know you are loved and appreciated and we will help as much as we can xxx
One User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-25-2016)
Unread 04-25-2016, 07:29 PM   #1232
iamtrying

Thanks Alexis and Millie ...

Love you both...

Millie i know you so much if you were available i would marry you...
Unread 04-25-2016, 07:29 PM   #1233
lostdog

you are a strong confident man now, you can get through this. Do not think less of yourself. It happened to me, I know, I never told my kids and bore the blame for years. Stand tall, you are worth it.
2 Users Say Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-25-2016, 07:36 PM   #1234
iamtrying

Thanks lostdog...Love you ...i know what you have gone thru...i am in your shoes...it hurts. Sometimes i feel i drive down to pub pick up couple of chicks in my bmer and bang...

sorry about my words there...

Last edited by iamtrying; 04-25-2016 at 07:43 PM..
Unread 04-25-2016, 08:05 PM   #1235
Millie

One thing I've learned about relationships (kinda the hard way) is that when someone else does something stupid, it doesn't mean we have to too.

Hang in there, don't do anything hasty, and this will eventually get better, one way or another. I echo lostdog: "stand tall, you are worth it."
One User Says Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-25-2016)
Unread 04-25-2016, 08:08 PM   #1236
iamtrying

Thanks Millie ...love you very much for all the support...you are a beautiful person inside out.
Unread 04-26-2016, 01:45 PM   #1237
Alexis

How are you today Iam?xx
Unread 04-26-2016, 05:18 PM   #1238
Tryntryagain

Oh gosh...oh gosh...i understand dear R Lee better now.

Good evening dear I Am Trying. Bright blessings to you.

As you can probably imagine i have much to say to you.

Oh my dear friend, oh gosh. I will write in the morning.

Please, try and be peaceful, healthy and strong. Loveness to you I Am Trying
Unread 04-26-2016, 09:31 PM   #1239
Tryntryagain

Good evening again dear I Am trying. Bright blessings to you.

I have had a chance to read through a bit of your recent journey.

Like you, i find this confusing. We have son, chicks and beer, and do not know what to do.

I can tell you what i know.

I am Trying has what it takes to deal with this set of circumstances. Strength comes from self belief, so does the arrogance to think it can be thrown away.

If i may dear I Am Trying, i was listening to the radio into the evening the other night and was listening to fighter pilots telling their storys, hold on....these were fighter pilots that were flying the first "fighter jets". 50's-60's

Until "jet fighters" it was all about arial combat. Plane to plane. Suddenly...everything was different.

The fellow said you needed 2 things, speed, and manoeuvrability.

All of a sudden any "threat" could be held at least at arms length. Taken out if necessary.

As so, as individual human bods....we have our capabilities right? Our weapons when needed, our shields, our focus.

I have found for myself, that i have all the tools of being able to move on, and march on with strength. I polish all my shields, and check all my barriers around myself before sleep.

I do not fail, in showing all those that cross my path what i want them to think i am made of, then i go home and try to make myself welcome.

I have been sober nearly 2 days now. I live alone. My goodness, i can play a guitar! I know so, because i had my piano play back to me and i didn't throw myself out.

Smiles on the outside are quite lovely, smiles on the inside are a hug for a good self that belongs to you.

Take your foot off the pedal. Give yourself a break.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you dear I Am Trying
One User Says Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-17-2016)
Unread 04-26-2016, 09:47 PM   #1240
iamtrying

Thanks Tyrn and Alexis

I am not feeling good...it's hard to digest...the more i think the more it hurts. I am praying to God to show me the right path...I am more informed about things from my attorney now...

Life once was so good and beautiful...change is hard. may be change is for good.
Unread 04-26-2016, 10:07 PM   #1241
Tryntryagain

Oh...dear I Am Trying....good evening and bright blessings to you.

Please do not feel not good. I have to say in my dear ole Blighty i am not feeling so clever myself.

However my dear brother, your God may well be helpful in the future, however i would put my eggs, my pennies into the "me" basket.

You need some lovin' as you try to be eloquent from the big place, (which is frankly extremely difficult bearing in mind the hat)...i have to ask.....

If you have a hat, do you have to have a horse? Hold on...i haven't finished, if you have a horse do you have to have a hat?

I want both.

I don't know about you, (or rather i think i do), that lovin' is actually something inside you.

This is what i suggest. (Trust me, Tryn is allowed to be a freak)

Leave yourself a voice mail and ask yourself out on a date.......

Yup.

Why on earth would you do that?

Some time inside you eh?

My brother, dig out your Sunday best....you're going to meet yourself.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you dear I Am Trying
Unread 04-26-2016, 10:21 PM   #1242
R. Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtrying View Post
Thanks Tyrn and Alexis

I am not feeling good...it's hard to digest...the more i think the more it hurts. I am praying to God to show me the right path...I am more informed about things from my attorney now...

Life once was so good and beautiful...change is hard. may be change is for good.
No you are not feeling good. You are in shock from finding out the inexcusable behavior of your wife.

Pray to God to show you the way. Remember you are not alone unless you want to be alone.

We are here for you. I wish I could reach out & touch you. Most of all think through that urge to drink. It will help nothing only make it worse.

Hugs friend.
Thank You (04-26-2016)
Unread 04-27-2016, 01:15 AM   #1243
gmasusie

Thinking of you, Iam.
Unread 04-27-2016, 06:19 AM   #1244
Alexis

Like Susie, i am thinking of you. You are a strong man i can tell, you will get through this and we will be by your side every step of the way. I hope that can comfort you.

Love and peace xx
Unread 04-27-2016, 11:41 AM   #1245
lostdog

sending you kind thoughts and prayers.
Unread 04-27-2016, 11:54 AM   #1246
R. Lee

How are you doing iamtrying. Why don't you start posting your days sober again. You helped yourself & many here to live 1 day at a time. It seemed to work for you before until life threw mountains in your way & you chose to drink rather than thinking through that 1st. urge. She & her actions are not worth drinking over. You are worth being sober. Don't let anyone or anything get in the way of your sober life.
Thank You (04-27-2016), Thank You (04-27-2016)
Unread 04-27-2016, 03:12 PM   #1247
Millie

Hope you're doing better today, Iamtrying.
Unread 04-28-2016, 04:54 PM   #1248
R. Lee

iamtrying, Let us know how you are doing. You have come too far to let this derail you. Think through that next urge to drink.
Thank You (04-28-2016)
Unread 04-29-2016, 05:22 AM   #1249
Saint

Iamtrying,
I know you are in pain with your wife's infidelity and the impact it will have on your son. As Nancy mentioned counseling for you may help you clear your head a bit so you don't make rash decisions. Have a discussion with your wife, ask her the what's, the why's, and give yourself time and space to think. Perhaps a separation for a period of time, to gather your thoughts and listen to your emotions.
My wife had cheated on me after 7 years or so of marriage. I lnow of the feelings you are experiencing but let me strongly emphasize she is responsible and accountable for her actions. You didn't cheat she did. So you have a personal decision now to make on how you move forward. Try and work through this together with professional assistance or separate and go your separate ways. Give yourself time. There is no reason to jump into a decision in the near future.
As far as drinking well yet another decision for you. I say put the bottle down, put it behind you, learn from it and move on. There is nothing, nothing in this world worth drinking over as far as I am concerned. Sobriety will not take away your pain but It will help you heal. We don't have control over much in our lives but we do have a choice in how we respond to those events. Hang in there and think through that first drink.

Saint
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Say Thank You to Saint For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-29-2016), Thank You (04-29-2016), Thank You (04-29-2016)
Unread 04-29-2016, 04:05 PM   #1250
jenm

Hi iamtrying!

Oh please forgive me for falling so far behind on everything! I may be busy, but I am never too busy for my family here. That is a good reminder to me to stop worrying about myself so much and all my hours at work and money and everything else. At the end of the day, people (you!) are what I care about most.

I am so very very sorry to hear of your troubles. So you drank. So did I, last year, after quite a bit of sobriety. As I said in Tryn's thread, I got sober for the 1st time about 15 years ago. Have I been sober that whole time? Obviously not. However, as I reflect, I was sober for many years more than I was drinking. Thank God I got arrested last fall and got the chance to be honest and open. Move forward from that. It will only multiply everything else and it will solve nothing, as you well know.

I went through a very terrible divorce in 2001-2002 and the evilness of my ex didn't stop there. In fact, it still hasn't stopped, on his part. I have forgiven him. I cannot hold on to that. I stay in God's word every single day and I know that I am still a sinner and will always be, but the truth in God's word is what keeps me grounded. No matter what happens with your situation with your wife, I can see the love you have for your child and he will be ok. My boys have been through a lot - some of it my fault and some of it out of my control, and we have pulled through all of it together.

I am praying for you, my friend, and I hope you know that we are all here for you! Love, Jenm
jenm is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-29-2016)