Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 02-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
Nautilus

Angry Broke all the time

Thanks everybody that came up with your wonderful drug. I have been on suboxone for the last four years and the only thing different is that I give all my money to a pharmacy instead of my drug dealer. Thanks a lot for the fresh start . I have tried every different way I can to save a little money, but your ability to stonewall all your 'addicts' has kept me from making any headway in my life. Basically, I have been hooked on 'your' drugs for nearly half a decade. So thank you suboxone. I'm broke, strung out on your shit, and boored to death cause I don't even have a buzz to validate my actions.
Nautilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
OhioMike

Yes, it is the medications fault that you didnt research it before choosing it as a recovery tool. Yes, yes shame on that nasty medication. LOL wow
Thank You (04-05-2013)
Unread 02-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
gotoffmdone

I must say, you could not have expressed your feelings anymore succinctly and to the point. I have no doubt a lot of people start to feel the way you do, they just cannot express it in those terms.

For a number one post, very impressive.

I know you did not mean your post as humor but I could not help but laugh out loud at the way you phrased it. You have a way with words.

Don't mean to offend you because you do have a valid point in terms of the cost of this "shit".

But on the one hand you say you are strung out, yet you say your not getting a buzz. I guess we have diferrent notions of what it means to be strung out.

Maybe you mean strung out as in not being able to stop taking it, and that I can easily see. I am not sure if you see yourself as having the Suboxone stringing you along now that you are good and dependent/addicted, or if you do see yourself as physically strung out, yet buzzless.

You are nowhere near alone on this cost thing. It is rediculous and even when there is an alternative such as a generic form of Subutex, Drs are loathe to write for it because it lacks the 2mgs of naloxone.

I know you have not gone four years, only to wake up one recent morning to realize a buzz was not headed your way. So why the four years, if you don't mind my asking.

And what has you so pissed at everybody that came up with this wonderful drug(this forum didn't) and not more like me, pissed at myself for not doing a short detox.

Somebody came up with the drug that lead you to this one. Are you equally as irritated with them.

I have no idea if this post of yours was to stir the pot or you really had something that you NEEDED to vent. But don't think others have not thought as you. Its just a bit strange where you lay the blame and the part about not being able to validate its use because you do not even get a buzz. Was this a forced treatment. Four years is a long time and I have a feeling you have tried quitting. That just psychoanalysis from afar.

wayne

Last edited by gotoffmdone; 02-18-2013 at 11:20 PM..
gotoffmdone is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to gotoffmdone For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-05-2013)
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #4
Kia25

I love Wayne's remark:
"I know you have not gone four years, only to wake up one recent morning to realize a buzz was not headed your way"
Priceless...

"Nautilus" - I quote the following: "I have been hooked on 'your' drugs for nearly half a decade. So thank you suboxone. I'm broke, strung out on your shit, and boored to death cause I don't even have a buzz to validate my actions"

You obviously are not taking this medication as it's intended or you would not feel this way. And the fact that your looking for a buzz says everything. Even though you've been on Suboxone four years, I'm guessing your not serious about getting off opiates.

Bored isn't spelled boored BTW.
Sorry.
Thank You (02-21-2013), Thank You (02-19-2013)
Unread 02-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
asouth32

First off, I dont think biting someone's head off because they are trying to be humorous even if its snide remarks is how to go about this. I think its supposed to be funny, I laughed when I read it. I also can understand what he is going through. Werent we all pissed off at the cost at one point in our treatments? Arent some of us still pissed off that its costing an arm and a leg for treatment? YES and YES. If you have insurance or can get insurance, or on Subutex or have a doctor that will write it at the drop of a hat, you dont understand clearly what the ones who dont have that option are going through.
I think the post was meant as a sarcastic joke. We need to lighten up some around here. Its starting to get depressing and Im already in a weird funky mood anyways. It is upsetting that the costs are sky high and some of us cant do anything about it or what we are doing isnt cutting the mustard. I thnk what he means about being strung out is just being wore out about everything that comes along with the treatment,costs and all the rest. I felt that way at one point, just wore completely out because it seems like everything is coming at you head on. This is alot for some to take on, some take it alot more heavier than others.
I am at square one myself with the costs, because insurance companies are denying me for medical insurance. There is not one single solitary doctor around here that will write Subutex that I have found, and I have called about eighty doctor offices. It is frustrating, and barking at someone for venting is not the best way to go about those feelings.
asouth32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
OhioMike

Oh save it 32, its funny how no one has a problem supplying them selves with dope for years, then cries foul and act as if they are entitled to something because of the cost of the medication!

A large part of recovery is accepting responsibility, now pushing blame, whining and griping about something they should have known about before getting into it.

Taking suboxone is not the only path to recovery, if you cant afford it, then use one of the many other methods.

Sure the cost is too high, but, so was tearing our. Lives apart with our dope of choice!

No one owes us recovery!

Good luck with that,
Thank You (02-21-2013), Thank You (02-19-2013), Thank You (02-19-2013)
Unread 02-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
31MOMof2

This is a support forum, if people come here for help or advice they are usually welcomed with open arms. I understand the frustration with the cost of medication. However "IMO" the medication is generally intended to be used for a period of time so the patient can work on recovery. (aside from the people that need it Long Term for maintenance) If you are truly serious about getting off the medication you will do the work yourself and do what you need to do to get yourself better. Obviously we addicts are not always the best patients when it comes to listening to our doctors. In active addiction when our doctor gave us a prescription for pain medication we didn't follow the rules then!? So just because your doctor writes you a prescription for 32 or 16 mg a day doesn't mean you have to take it. If your dr. Is just in it for the money then take it upon yourself to start to do the work that needs to be done to get yourself treatment. Suboxone is just a tool on the road to recovery there is so much other work that you have to do. The medicine will not fix you! Discover why you're an addict, figure out ways to deal with your triggers, then taper off this medication and keep all your money in your pocket. When people come here and Bash the Suboxone I kind of take it personally. Suboxone isn't right for everyone so if it's not for you that doesn't mean you need to come here and bash our recovery tool that happens to be working well fir many of us. So if you just want to vent there is a section on the forum that's like a personal journal. There is also a thread about the price of Suboxone where people can compare and discuss pricing, and even learn about coupons and other help.
31MOMof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Users Say Thank You to 31MOMof2 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-21-2013), Thank You (02-19-2013), Thank You (02-19-2013), Thank You (02-20-2013), Thank You (02-19-2013)
Unread 02-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
OhioMike

Amen.
Unread 02-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #9
OhioMike

http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewh...ing-new-drugs/
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #10
gotoffmdone

I laughed too. I need those every now and then.

Where in MY post was I biting someone's head off.

Hell I agreed with his setiments. I have had that very same thought.

As I type this, I hate the fact I am dependent on yet another opiate, especially one so darn costly.

Where we differ is where we place the blame for being on a drug we hate for four years.

I blame me whereas he blames everyone but.

wayne.
gotoffmdone is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Say Thank You to gotoffmdone For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-19-2013), Thank You (02-19-2013), Thank You (02-20-2013)
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #11
OhioMike

As we all do Wayne, we make our own choices, just please dont be hard on yourself. I remember your induction and you had a great deal on your plate biologically and emotionally and you have had for some time. I was blessed, though I had some emotional baggage to wade through, it was mild compared to what it could have been. Wayne, you have come a long way!

The cost is too high, but we would be better served in helping eachother find answers, as opposed to tossing blame around or expecting a hand out or instead of getting mad when the handout expired and we are stuck because we didnt plan.

Personally I hate some of my realities, but, they are still better than the problems I left behind.
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #12
Kia25

I'm sorry, I also don't see where I was biting anyone's head off.
I said I loved Wayne's remark. But come on !! That was a great point !

The guy is looking for a buzz for God's sake ! I stand by what I said, I do not think he's taking this medication/recovery seriously.

As far as the cost, it was mentioned, that we, as addicts, have spent WAY more on our DOC then we do on Suboxone and that's true for me too. I'd much rather the $100 price for my doctor visit and a copay for my meds then the $700 a week I was spending.

I also take the blame for where I am with my life right now, and overall, I'm pretty damn proud of myself for coming this far.

Kia
Thank You (02-19-2013), Thank You (02-19-2013), Thank You (02-20-2013)
Unread 02-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #13
deanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
Thanks everybody that came up with your wonderful drug. I have been on suboxone for the last four years and the only thing different is that I give all my money to a pharmacy instead of my drug dealer. Thanks a lot for the fresh start . I have tried every different way I can to save a little money, but your ability to stonewall all your 'addicts' has kept me from making any headway in my life. Basically, I have been hooked on 'your' drugs for nearly half a decade. So thank you suboxone. I'm broke, strung out on your shit, and boored to death cause I don't even have a buzz to validate my actions.
well........my opinion is this..... I have been on suboxone for four years too, but I feel completely different about the medication. I certainly dont feel strung out. I feel the most clear headed in my entire life since my addiction to pain medicaiton. The day I started suboxone was the day I got rid of all old behaviors, all the people who I knew that used, I no longer stayed in contact with. I started a new life in recovery. While I do have insurance to pay for the medication, I still would have chosen suboxone if I didnt. I would have applied for assistance to help pay the cost. I remember in addiction it didnt matter i I paid my electric bill, as long as I had pills, that was the number 1 priority. Now my life is in order, my priorities are my family, my responsibilies, and my health, my work. I have been on this medicaiton for maintence for a long time due to pain issues, and this medicaiton is by far better than having to use a full agonist opioid to control the pain. I would not be who I am today if I wouldnt have chosen suboxone to help me change my life and behaviors.
The feeling i get from your post is you are depressed, feeling guilty that you didnt do anything different to change your life, you have gotten the wrong impression of this medication and you think it was supposed to magically make you like you never had a problem in the first place. I dont know why so many people thing this is a magic drug. While it is miraculous to say the least, its only a small part of recovery and all the work it takes to stay in it. I hope you can find someone to talk to professionally about these issues. You have a lot of anger, and right now I feel like you are just placing blame on something that doesnt deserve it. Start by looking in the mirror and deciding to help YOURSELF. We are responsible for our own actions. Each and every one of us. good luck.

Last edited by deanna; 02-21-2013 at 11:23 AM..
deanna is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to deanna For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-21-2013)