Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 02-02-2017, 06:27 PM   #1
NewYorkAddict

Cool I just joined today and wanted to welcome myself

Hey Everyone Just wanted to check in and let everyone here know where I'm at. I'm currently taking suboxone and goto an outpatient facility here in Long Island NY where I live. I'm on 12mg and take 6mg in the AM and 6mg in the PM. I was prescribed the 8mg strips but now starting this month I got the 12mg strips prescribed. I split half in the morning and half at night. I'm very lucky that my insurance pays for the entire medicine and all I have is a $3 copay. It's Healthfirst Medicaid and is really good insurance. I goto my outpatient 3x a week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I don't have any copay there either for any services. That is where my suboxone doctor is located. When I'm finished here I will be going to my primary doctor to get my suboxone but he doesn't take insurance for suboxone patients. It it's only $100 once a month to get the medicine. I'm always reading how hard it is for people to find doctors and to pay for the suboxone. It's really expensive. I see that my prescriptions always say that I save close to $500 on the medicine. That's crazy. Anyways I'm glad to be here with all of you guys and I'm here for anyone who needs help.
NewYorkAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2017, 06:14 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi NewYorkAddict, welcome! That's really great that your insurance covers so much. For the $100 once a month visit, have you tried submitting the bill to your insurance for self reimbursement? Just a thought.

Again, welcome!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2017, 05:58 AM   #3
NewYorkAddict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Hi NewYorkAddict, welcome! That's really great that your insurance covers so much. For the $100 once a month visit, have you tried submitting the bill to your insurance for self reimbursement? Just a thought.

Again, welcome!

Nancy
Hey Nancy, actually the doctor where I do get my suboxone from is 100% covered because it's part of an outpatient facility. I see the doctor once a month to get the script. He just gave me the 12mg strips and those are covered. He told me that he rarely writes for the 12mg scripts because insurance
Companies don't usually cover them. My primary care doctor on the other hand takes my insurance for regular visits but does not take any insurance at all for suboxone treatment. If I wasn't going to the outpatient clinic than o would have to go to him to get my suboxone.
Unread 02-04-2017, 07:55 AM   #4
NancyB
Administrator

Ah, ok! I misread that. oops! What your primary care doctor is doing to bupe patients isn't really fair - charging them $100 a visit. I'm not sure if it's in all states, but in many if a doctor is in network for a patient's insurance, the doctor MUST take insurance for bupe treatment. We had a member years ago get reimbursed for that very thing - the doctor would only take cash for bupe appointments, but took insurance for everything else. There may have been some fines/repayment involved for the doctor, the member wasn't sure.

In any event, glad you are covered for both meds and the clinic!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2017, 10:24 AM   #5
NewYorkAddict

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Ah, ok! I misread that. oops! What your primary care doctor is doing to bupe patients isn't really fair - charging them $100 a visit. I'm not sure if it's in all states, but in many if a doctor is in network for a patient's insurance, the doctor MUST take insurance for bupe treatment. We had a member years ago get reimbursed for that very thing - the doctor would only take cash for bupe appointments, but took insurance for everything else. There may have been some fines/repayment involved for the doctor, the member wasn't sure.

In any event, glad you are covered for both meds and the clinic!

Nancy
Yeah I know. If and when I don't goto the clinic and use him for my suboxone I will definitely talk to him about the payment. He's been my doctor for over 10 years. In Mew York they keep building new facilities for suboxone treatment and more and more Doctors keep getting certified to prescribe the suboxone
Thank You (02-05-2017), Thank You (02-05-2017)