Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 05-03-2016, 11:42 AM   #1251
Sam Bailey

Hey Nancy!

I'm good, thanks for asking. Well actually, truth is, my freakn' bursitis is really hurting. I guess it's bursitis, most likely it is. Dude (thanks Noah), Dude! in that one relatively small spot on the inside of my right knee? There is pain...pain with a capital "Ouch!" Ha!

As I noted, I went to my doctor and got a cortisone shot. Did I mention that? Hmmm. Anyway. It was a HUGE help, pain-relief-wise. But then, as I suspected, the shot soon began to wear off. And so here we are again. The Mayor of Pain Town, again---that's me. Ha! What a wuss I am.

So this past weekend, I go to Urgent Care...cause, yeah, the knee began hurting like mad again. Well, Doctor refuses, as I was near certain she would, to give me another cortisone injection.

She's right of course. Too much cortisone is not a good idea, potentially really bad for one's knee (body, et al). Blah blah blah. Same ol...

However, she did offer me a script for Norco. Holy moly! Ha!

This was a doc I'd never before met and, frankly, I didn't feel like going through my entire tale 'o woe, so I just said thanks...but no thanks.

Truth is, though? Folks? The temptation was there. Not so much at the moment she offered, but after, once I began to think about it...oh man, all those old demons reared their wicked head.

"Oh c'mon, Sam," I heard the voice whisper, "just take them with you. Fill the script, man, you don't have to actually take them. Keep 'em handy, you know, just in case."

Just in case, huh? Right. Just in case I decide to get loaded. Ha!!

Bullshyte, that voice was pure bullshyte.

Anyway. That was my little adventure.

Angie SO cool that you're moving forward with your life in such a positive way. Sure, it might FEEL a bit slow to you, maybe?, but really, you sound so good.

And Leonard? Haven't been hearing much from you recently. I hope all is well in your neighborhood.

Nancy? As always, you are the best. Really, you are. Too modest to agree, I know---but you really are one special human person!

sam
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2016, 08:14 AM   #1252
NancyB
Administrator

Good morning. Looks like it's me 'n Sam! We know Angie is out driving around looking for a hotspot. Leonard? I hope he's ok and just busy. Well, not that I hope he's overwhelmed at work and too busy for anything else, but I think you know what I mean.

Sam, that's kind of crazy you got turned down for a cortisone shot but offered norco instead. I do understand the not wanting to give another cortisone shot so soon, but to offer up norco at an urgent care place seems a little shocking nowadays. That's really great that you fought the temptation to have them 'just in case'. It just shows how vigilant people need to be. I hope you're proud of yourself for winning the argument with your good self. I know before you were talking about knee replacement, but would that help bursitis? Would they replace that bursa in the process? I hope that the pain has subsided so you're not in so much pain.

Happy Thursday! Hope to hear from Angie and Leonard soon too.

(((hugs)))

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2016, 11:42 AM   #1253
Sam Bailey

Hi Nancy,

Good question, I don't know whether or not the TKR PROCEDURE would eliminate one's bursitis too. I presumed it would, But then, don't know why I thought that. Hope so, though.

Also hope the OrthoDoc goes for my way past cool idea. Have I mentioned it before? Jmmm, might have. Anyway, it is, I think, a hood one....and is clearly medically sound.

My idea? How about implanting Springs inside my knees, one spring, one knee. My thinking is ,if he does that, I can start a new high jumping career, instead of just running. Imagine how I could leap and bound down the track. Right!?

Oh, and dunking. For the first time in, like, ever, I will cease suffering from white mans disease. Imagine the kind of monster Dunker I could be on the BB court!!!

As noted, seems medically appropriate for him to do it. Think?

Ha! Kidding, of course----though I bet something like that has actually been thought about, by some athlete, at some time. Wonder if it's even possible?

Good questions, Ms. Nancy. The bursitis problem. Reckon I'll try to find out. Uh, soon as my Insurance Problems re Ortho care gets resolved. Pain in the butt, this insurance deal is. But...as I think I've told you, when I had the meniscus surgery, on BOTH knees, it cost me, out of pocket, a grand total of 20 bucks.

So I really oghta stop being such a whiny punk boy. Ha!

**Edited to add: Hey Leonard! Hope all is well & good with you. Touch base with us, soon as you can comfortably do so, I mean. And Angie? You continue making good decisions. You've done so well, for yourself and for Puppers. Those of us here who genuinely understand the loving bond between human and canine, and most of us do understand it, understand that you have almost certainly saved your sweet friend's life.

sam

Last edited by Sam Bailey; 05-05-2016 at 11:50 AM..
Unread 05-06-2016, 02:09 PM   #1254
GirlGettingOffSubs

Hello everyone!

Yes my hotspot finally returned thank heavens. Now I can get back on the job search. I have officially applied to 4 places now and only one turned me down but said please keep applying but that one job has been filled.

I'll try to be semi concise since it's been awhile and a good bit has happened. First, not that I am one to talk, but Leonard? Where are you my ever close friend? I hope that he is just busy with work and not struggling with his taper down. I have to take puppers out so let me send this in case I lose my weakened hotspot.

Ok never mind he layed back down. I'll go into that in a minute. First, SAM! Way to go my dear for saying thanks but no thanks. It's crazy how some doctors deal with things. It cracks me up but what would make my heart break would have been if you said sure I can take one here or there. Nope. I am so glad you said no. What about the other injections they use? Not cortisone but other ones I forget what they are, animal based I think of some kind. But I've heard they help longer than the cortisone.

Again, still haven't made it home for my hair, my lovely visitor cut the back a little and I rescheduled for Monday since I was supposed to go today. But I didn't. Why you ask, from the girl who is crazy about her hair?.... Because I spent all my money on dog meds yesterday and he still can't walk well and is all wobbly. I'll explain.

Two nights ago I thought he had a stroke. Kept falling to one side and would stand but barely walk. Gave him a baby aspirin and prayed he would be okay in the morning (yesterday). Well, he wasn't. My brothers friend got me freaked out saying her two cats died of old age and kidney failure and drank and peed all the time. Hmm well the next morning I took him to the vet (brother still owes them 171 bucks) and they did tests and his kidneys are fine and liver a teeny elevated but that's bc he is...DIABETIC. To me that is great news bc he can continue his life. I also didn't know there is no type 2 in animals. So he has now had 2 shots of novolin-n (thanks Walmart for your 25 dollar otc insulin). And is still a bit gimpy but I got to sleep through the night and his nose also got a bit wet again. It had been dry for awhile. I just hope this muscle weakness goes away as he gets stabilized. He's probably had it about a month. (Diabetes not the walking issue).

So that's my giant drama and I am relieved. X is still haunting me bc now my brother and I are still paying for his stupid dog feeding techniques from years past. But I know he will be taken care of awesomely, if I didn't bring him to pgh with me, hed surely be dead by now. So I look forward to him feeling better and improving. I also read bichons have a higher genetic predisposition to it. Poor guy.

I also started counseling this week and even though it's a man (prob in his 70s) I love him. My brother keeps telling me to get back on add meds since I am "allowed" so the script is at the pharmacy since end of April waiting on a preauth which is a giant pain making doctors jump through so many hoops. But it is what it is. What can you do.

Nancy I am sure you are busy busy planting away! Any interesting projects?heres a question-I have hyacinths and other bulb plants in the front that are long past their prime. Do i cut them down? I need help haha.

Okay puppers needs out now. I am so glad to get back on here, time for some lunch then back to the job hunt before the weekend!
Hugs and hugs and hugs,
Angie

Last edited by GirlGettingOffSubs; 05-06-2016 at 02:23 PM..
GirlGettingOffSubs is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to GirlGettingOffSubs For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-06-2016)
Unread 05-08-2016, 08:06 AM   #1255
morphing

Good Morning Angie, Nancy, and Sam,

This won't be too long. I'm using my Microsoft Surface from work, because I dropped my laptop and broke the screen. The Surface is handy for carrying to meetings, but not the best for corresponding. I'll get another laptop today, but it takes forever to get everything setup.

I have been super busy lately, especially wrapping up the old vendor's loose ends. Last weekend, we worked with them and an engineer from the manufacturer on upgrading some systems. Well, we uncovered a bug in the new version of the software and have been helping the manufacturer's engineering dept. diagnose the cause. Also, last Saturday (4/30), the old vendor's director finally terminated the regional manager. When she did that, the only certified person they had in Alabama quit, so they are scrambling to figure out how to finish the work they have left.

Angie, I'm sorry about Puppers. Skittles had diabetes, too. Just seems to be something about that breed.

I'm still at 4mg. I do feel it a little in my legs and back in the evenings, so I'll stay at this dose a little longer.

Have a Super Sunday!!!
Leonard
morphing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2016, 08:11 PM   #1256
GirlGettingOffSubs

Hi all,

Leonard I am so happy to hear from you! I also broke my (well not really mine, a loaner from brothers coworker) laptop. I never had a laptop in my life and learned firsthand what a screen bleed is. Human wrecking ball in action as always...

Can you tell me more about skittles and his diabetes? What dose and type of insulin did he take? What age as diagnosis? I didn't know bichons had such a genetic predisposition to it. Puppers sometimes is irritated (as in wants to bite me) when I give him a shot and other times doesn't feel it at all. Where did you inject skittles? The vet said use the scruff but the more I read online the less that sounds like a good idea.

Well wish me luck tomorrow is my first Pittsburgh interview. I don't like the shift but I don't care. I need money badly. My bills are late, didn't pay the vet, etc. Brother is busy with his life and helps me out, but it's hard at times. I'll be happy when I have a job I like and puppers is stablized. His back legs are stronger today, I took him home when I finally got my haircut. It needed it so bad. I am happy and as superficial as it is, I know it will help my interview tomorrow haha. I have the paperwork all ready, just need to pick out an outfit.

Well, jeopardy is on, and my laundry needs folded on the commercials. I feel smarter bc it's the teachers edition haha. I hope you are all doing well and I'll be on here more now since I have internet again. . Nancy, any idea about my flowers? Not sure what to do, but next time I am at a grocery store that carries it, I am getting a basil plant like I had awhile ago, I loved having one and I have plenty of room for whatever I want to plant out here.

Have a great day and hugs; happy belated Mother's Day to you all (pet parents included)
Angie
Unread 05-10-2016, 07:44 AM   #1257
NancyB
Administrator

Good morning! Leonard, sorry to hear about your laptop. Yikes. That stinks that you have get a new one and then set it all up. Sounds like that old vendor is still causing things to be hectic for you at work. I hope they figure out what to do so they can finally get out of your hair! Good idea to stay at 4mg for a bit longer. Are you feeling pain in your back and legs? If it's restlessness or cramps in your legs, you can always try potassium and magnesium. That's helped others. How is your grandprincess?

Angie, good luck today at your interview! Will be thinking of you. Let us know how it goes when you have a chance. That's great that you like your counselor. Did you get your PA all taken care of for your meds? As for the hyacinths and other spring flowers, you don't have to do anything to them. After the flowers go, the leaves are still utilizing photosynthesis to send energy back to the bulbs for the next season. Some people will braid daffodil leaves to make them look neater. But if it doesn't bother you, just leaving them there until they turn brown is the best thing to do.

Sam, just think, if you get you spring-loaded knees, you can get a contract for more money than LeBron James and take over the Cavs! Or you could probably stay in your area and the Lakers will pay you anything you want after their abysmal season.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

(((hugs)))

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 05-17-2016, 06:44 PM   #1258
GirlGettingOffSubs

Hi everyone,

Sorry again it's been awhile. I got the job and have been running crazy errands about it-paperwork, tb tests, physical, drug test, etc etc. so it's been busy. The neighbor upstairs is starting to get on my nerves some, she sleeps in so late and gets mad when I wake her up when I talk on the phone in the morning. (I am loud on the phone, I am.) but half the time it's her son who won't leave me alone.

Puppers has been doing pretty well, tons more energy, he trots up and down the street instead of dragging himself like he used to. So that's good. I talked to my old neighbor for awhile today, it was good to hear from her. And I renewed my cpr online and gave Newty a bath and a half a haircut which ended up causing me to flood the basement when I bathed him. He is crying of hunger right now. He's been eating more and pooping more haha. I am constantly calling my landlord about things it's almost ridiculous. I think it's just my luck. My neighbor upstairs (sigh) called me at 4am the other day since my central air was making a racket I couldn't hear. Seriously. So the AC guy is coming tomorrow and a guy to fix a hole under my sink. I don't know if I mentioned the heating element in my dryer went so that got fixed. It's insane.

Nancy I came across some pepper plants and broccoli. I don't know what to do, I've never grown veggies. I want to put them in the planter things my neighbor has, can I do that? They are the long skinny terra cotta color ones, can I mix them all together? There aren't that many plants. Can I use regular dirt from my front yard? I just want them out of my house even though it's been cold. My neighbors son is always getting me things, I am happy he is working out of state all week.

Leonard I hope things are calming down some for you. How is grand princess? And her mother? Is she behaving somewhat? I feel bad for your son about all that mess. How are you doing? And you too Sam, what's new in your end of town?

Since I've been talking to my landlord a lot lately he told me how awesome I am and if he wasn't married with kids he'd ask me out. He is definitely super cute but I'd never go there and I don't think he would either. It's funny though. He always tells me my neighbors son is bad news. For the record, of all the bad mistakes I've made in life I have never gotten involved with anyone married nor do I even plan on it. And he knows that. But it's funny we had that conversation since there is definitely chemistry. I am so getting a crash course in boundaries.

Anyhow I was thinking of you all today and just wanted to pop in and say hi and apologize for how much time has gone by again, it's crazy how fast it goes. The news said it's a cicada year which is pretty cool, but with this weather who knows when they'll come out. Cold cold rainy cold. But it's okay, I'm saving money I don't have on air conditioning and also headaches from the upstairs neighbor. Ugh.

Well, fill me in everyone! Any summer plans or vacations for anyone? My job will either start a week from today or the next Monday depending on if a spot opens up in the earlier class and all my clearances come back in time.

Okay have a great one and pray for puppers when I do go to work, I am trying so hard to not stress and neighbors son is like "I'll give him insulin etc" but I don't want that. I need some distance bc I am not ready for a relationship. My counselor did some cool meditations with me last week and I have been failing miserably at doing them twice a day for 20 minutes haha. I do some, but not that much. I need to get back on the workout train seriously. Maybe tomorrow morning if I'm up early enough before counseling, i wouldn't mind jumping around and waking up the neighbor. Haha. She's always stoned and mostly drunk every night so it's no wonder she wants to sleep in all the time. I guess it could be worse. I can practice my inside voice.

Hugs to all,
Angie

Wow I can't believe it's been a whole week since I wrote already. Funny how much time having a life takes up...I was so used to sitting on the couch trying to not make X mad. I am still definitely getting adjusted but I am so much happier even though I am way more broke but that will change soon.

Last edited by GirlGettingOffSubs; 05-17-2016 at 06:52 PM..
Thank You (05-17-2016)
Unread 05-17-2016, 07:17 PM   #1259
Sam Bailey

Hey Angie,

A job? Great news!!

Also terrific that Puppers is doing so much better. It's no secret that when our best canine pals are in distress, any kind, WE feel crappy too. How many times have we wanted Puppers (and Ruby) to be ABLE to tell us where it hurt? Tell me what I can get you, you sweet dog, that'll make you feel better.

Probably just coincidental that YOUR life keeps getting better, then Puppers' health/mood improves. Uh, probably NOT so coincidental, to be honest. Ha!

On that other matter.....

Flying solo, relationship wise, is no doubt the best thing you can do...for now. NOT forever. Duh! But for now, getting your 'stuff together is priority number one---as you already know.

Thanks for asking. I'm good. Except for my good-for-nuthin' knees! Oh, what friends to me they once were. Yet now they've turned into gigantic pains.....in the knee.

I've shared that running was always, and still is, a vital aspect of my life. Not only does running keep me fit, it's a psycho-boost extraordinaire! But I've messed up my right knee, the "barely injured" one, doing speed intervals.

Now I'm lame. Ought to take me out to pasture and shoot me. Ha! Wait. Don't suggest that to Mrs. Sam.

Anyway.

Great to hear from you.

Greetings to Nancy, Leonard and Elizabeth.

sam
Unread 05-18-2016, 03:52 AM   #1260
MattC42286

Hey GirlGettinOffSubs! How or you? That sounds like an awesome plan I hope it works for you. Everything is good on my end. Hope you have a good one!!

Thanks, Matt
MattC42286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2016, 07:53 AM   #1261
NancyB
Administrator

Good morning everyone! Angie, congratulations on the job! I think it will help you out in so many ways. You'll have your own money and not have to depend on your brother for it any more, you'll meet some new people, and you'll be less accessible to the crazy neighbor and her doting son! Sounds like a win-win-win! As Sam said, it's not a coincidence that as your life improves, so does puppers! Wow, that's something about your landlord really hitting on you. Definitely a crash course in boundaries. Yikes. How deep are the planters you're thinking about using? I've never grown broccoli before, so I'm not sure about that. The peppers may be ok in them as long as they're not over-crowded and there's enough room for the roots to grow. I've only put flowers in those long, kind of shallow planters and put tomatoes in a tall planter before. But, if you don't want plant them right in the yard, it's worth trying. You'd probably be better off getting a bag of potting soil for them to at least mix in with the yard dirt, something that will help with drainage. And make sure there are drainage holes in the bottoms of the planters. It's really nice to see you happy and in control of your own life. That makes me happy!

Sam, can you swim at all instead of run? Since swimming is supposed to be one of the least stressful exercises on the body. hahaha Won't tell Mrs. Sam a thing about the pasture or where it is!

Leonard, hope you're doing ok and check in when you can.

Elizabeth, same with you. I'll go leave a note on your thread now.

(((hugs)))

Nancy
Unread 05-19-2016, 11:58 AM   #1262
GirlGettingOffSubs

Hi everyone,

So great to see everyone checking in. Nancy I do have a tomato plant and I researched they need to go pretty deep so I might put it in the front yard. I do have the shallow long planter things that I might try the peppers in. And I'll put the broccoli in another one all together.

Sam so sorry about your knees! Yikes! No ones taking you out to pasture haha. I got my tb test read and had a physical at new job yesterday, the doctor is super nice and I think it's hilarious his name is dr pittle (or maybe piddle but either way) and he works with all elderly folks. Yes my sense of humor is nuts and gross.

Today the basement is flooded some. Not sure why but it did it after I bathed puppers too. I only showered and it was short. Today a maintenance guy is coming to fix some stuff which is good. Neighbors son of course needs a ride home from the airport tonight super late so I said id do it since I am so broke and need gas amongst other things. He's okay, but I have to crawl at a snails pace and he is pretty much professing his love for me. Ugh.

Counseling was good yesterday we talked about boundaries and anxiety and I said I get anxious about being away from puppers and him popping on the floor. Well when I got home after being away less than 2 hours I had a giant turd surprise for me. It's too funny. We did take a giant walk around the block yesterday afternoon, we haven't done that in ages so that was nice and wore him out. He gets almost manic, it cracks me up. But neighbors son is all about taking care of him when I start work and I said no. Nope. Won't do it. I don't want him to have a key, (or his mom) I am a pretty private person. And as far as the landlord, we've been talking every day about things I break and I maintain boundaries and he said he is happily married with two kids and i would never go there. No way. But he's nice to look at.

Time to flip the laundry and check the flood. Take care all and I'll be in touch!
Hugs and hugs,
Angie and puppers
Thank You (05-19-2016)
Unread 05-22-2016, 07:15 PM   #1263
GirlGettingOffSubs

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and not be as much of a stranger. Things are going well, I have had tons of maintenance guys over here fixing things, yet I continue to find new things in my house that go wrong. Now there are two different floods in different sides of my basement. One is from the rain and the driveway needing cemented or something my landlord said when I talked to him today. The other side is not so nice. I didn't understand why sometimes when I showered the other corner got way more flooded. Well I poked around and found a gross sewer drain that was clogged and did what I could to clean it up and boy was it ever gross. The landlord said he is totally impressed (haha just ocd on my part I guess) but the plumber is coming tomorrow. My central AC got fixed Thursday or Friday. So that's good.

It's been thunderstorming off and on today which I love. Except when puppers wants walked. But I just put on my hat and go (I don't know where my umbrellas are and its driving me crazy). I go into work on Wednesday for the second tb test. It looks like I have another week until I begin which is okay for puppers sake, but I could really use the money.

How's work going Leonard? Anything new with the Russian guy? How is everyone's weekend going? I have been watching movies that the girl and her daughter that stayed with me a few weeks back gave me. And today besides playing plumber and cleaning up grossness I have been doing crazy amounts of laundry.

Well I just wanted to drop by, I hope everyone is doing well. This week counseling is Tuesday morning and I go home Wednesday for allergy testing-I rescheduled it from last week. I guess puppers is coming since it will take a few hours and I guess I'll just check on him in the car. Now I worry everything makes his sugar go up haha. He's been pretty stable for the most part. He's hungry now but we both slept in late (after getting up at 7 so he could go out-I'm not complaining since he's been sleeping through the nights and it's great) so he has to wait until more time goes by before he gets more food and his nighttime shot.

Well that's about all that's going on here, fill me in on you guys! Sam I hope your knees are feeling better. Nancy, you are probably getting pretty busy with work around now I would think. Any interesting projects happening? I am going to go and put some sweet potatoes in the oven-I've been making them like thicker potato chips with olive oil, sea salt, and basil. They are awesome.
Hugs and happy Sunday!
Angie
Unread 05-27-2016, 06:46 AM   #1264
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Angie! I was hoping to hear from Leonard, Sam or Elizabeth too before I posted and your name wasn't last on the list here for posts. In any event. Did you get everything fixed in your apartment? Good thing the AC is fixed. It was brutal here yesterday and will be for the next few days. I don't like this one extreme to the other 60 to 90. Yikes!

When will you start working? That will be exciting for you. Meeting more new people. Hopefully making some good friends. How's the neighbor and her son? Hopefully backing off a bit. Any big cookout plans for the weekend?

Hope to hear from the others soon too!

(((hugs))) and happy Memorial Day weekend!

Nancy
Unread 05-30-2016, 12:47 PM   #1265
GirlGettingOffSubs

Hi Nancy and everyone!

Happy Memorial Day weekend to you too! No big plans here, I am dyeing my hair hah. I have been busy getting ready for my first day of work tomorrow. I'm excited but of course nervous about puppers but he has been doing pretty well minus today his sugar was pretty high based on his pee test strip so I had to increase his insulin some. But he's been so much better.

My neighbor upstairs and I have been working outside a lot. She is making a garden in the back to plant some things and one of my other neighbors down the street with a giant garden gave me some oregano so I planted that. Right now I have planted oregano, basil and a tomato plant. I still have peppers and broccoli to plant as well.

There was a yard sale this weekend and I got a dining room table! Neighbors son got it for me and I will pay him back. It's nice for the price and fits perfectly. He has been busy working a lot and I have been exercising my boundaries haha. His mom upstairs actually let some guy from the bar move in with her when he became homeless, it lasted ten days and she threw him out bc he didn't pay and was a slob and was at the bar all day and night and never worked. So good for her. Haha.

At the end of the yard sale (I also got a new wallet and some Christmas light candles to put in the Windows partly bc I needed one of the light bulbs for a nightlight, and some glasses.) after it ended the couple that had it gave me all kinds of dishes and bowls which I needed. So that was nice of them. I also got some small pots to start other plants in. Which is great.

My brother accidentally ate a cookie that had pecans in it (probably not more than one bite) and luckily he ate enough Benadryl fast enough to avoid a hospital visit. I don't know if he has an epi pen or not. I postponed my allergy testing bc I didn't have gas money to go and I had to go into work for another tb test. So I go at the end of June I think.

Well it's about time for me to wash this out of my hair. I have a hair cut appt Saturday, I think I am off work but I'm not even sure until I start. I have orientation from 8 to about 3 tomorrow then Wednesday I am at the place I'll be working at shadowing an RN there until the next week when I have a different orientation during the day, and it kinda stinks bc it's pretty far away so I'll get a hefty taste of Pittsburgh rush hour . But I'm grateful I found something so I can start paying people back now.

Leonard Sam and Elizabeth and everyone else, I hope you are all doing well!
Hugs,
Angie
Thank You (05-30-2016)
Unread 06-01-2016, 08:34 AM   #1266
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Angie! How was your first day of work? How did puppers do? It sounds like you're in a really nice neighborhood with people helping you out from dishes and bowls to oregano. And, of course, the neighbor's son. It is good to hear that he's been busy working though. lol Is everything working ok in your apartment now? No more things need to be fixed?

How's your brother doing. I have a friend who ended up at the ER because she ate something with peanuts in it that she didn't realize. That's a scary thing. Glad your brother could get by with just benedryl!

Leonard, where are you? Please let us know how you're doing. Sam? Same for you!

Happy June!

(((hugs)))

Nancy
Unread 06-01-2016, 12:11 PM   #1267
Sam Bailey

Hey Angie, Hi Nancy!

"How am I doing..." you ask?

Good, thanks. Maybe even a little better. Apologies if I've been absent too often.

Looks like we Southern Californians have left winter behind, the one entire DAY of it...sheesh! Plus, 2-3 days of a so-called autumn. Double sheesh!

We've left 'em behind and have now entered...Summer. It ain't official yet, Summer, I mean, but with temps approaching 100 degrees, well, that's summer enough.

Boy! did we get ripped off by that El Nino character. Ha! But seriously, it swooped into our state-wide cousins in Northern California, dropped quite a bit of rain there, but us? Nope.

I know, I should be thankful that we didn't have to suffer any El Nino damage, flooding to mud slides, and I am, but still...we're just dry, dry, dry.

The good news, for me anyway, is (as I've mentioned in a couple other posts) I'm running again. Verrrrry slowly, I am---but running nonetheless.

I was hobbled with knee injuries for quite a while, enough hobble-time that I was bitching and moaning daily, to the family's great consternation, most days.

Now that I'm finally back on the trails, I'm complaining that I'm so SLOW. Ha! What a dork I am!!

Anyway.

Yes Angie! How's the job, you working girl you!? SO glad you've landed something terrific. We all knew you would.

Ok, think I'll take Ruby to the park (wanna come with us Puppers?), then, a couple hours later, she has a play date with her friend, Baxter.

So funny, those two. Ruby, as all know, is a Pit/Lab, with lots of muscles.....and Baxter is this little 15-20? pound Terrier. Baxter runs, Ruby chases...and they really are great friends.

Yes, indeed: Leonard and Elizabeth, please check in.

Hope all is well for everyone.

sam
Unread 06-06-2016, 07:33 AM   #1268
NancyB
Administrator

Happy Monday everyone! Angie, how was your week at work? I hope you have time to let us know. Leonard, what is going on in your world? Are you extremely busy or is something going on? It's been almost a month since we heard from you.

Sam, it would have been nice to get a maybe a little El Nino for you Southern California! Some not so heavy rains and no mudslides. Weather patterns are strange indeed. How is the running going? Hopefully you're continuing to take it slowly and not pushing yourself! How is Noah? Still doing well I hope!!

I hope to hear from Angie, Leonard and Elizabeth too at some point!

(((hugs)))

Nancy
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-06-2016)
Unread 06-07-2016, 03:57 PM   #1269
GirlGettingOffSubs

Hi everyone,

Well my life since I started working became insanely crazy time wise. They are down 7 RNs and offering not only time and a half to pick up but an extra 5 bucks an hour on top of that. It's decent. I hate leaving puppers and I stress about someone watching him. Brother is also super busy and he thinks puppers should be okay for 9 hours. But I disagree. He needs a little company and at least a tinkle and a snack.

Sam, I am glad you are running slowly again. Don't beat up on yourself. You are making progress. I am also worried about Leonard too. My job is crazy, they decided they need me more on the floor instead of going to another place for a formal orientation. I want to go bc I have followed 2 RNs (one I'm always late and one is more ocd like me but he is only part time ugh). My upstairs neighbor geeked out bc I had another neighbors dog sitter come over one day, but alas she (upstairs neighbor) was drunk and stoned and wants to run background checks on this lady who was a cop near Philly for 29 years and also was an emt. My neighbor gets smashed and then thinks of all these ideas. And also wrongly thinks I am putting her at risk which is crazy. Well, I'll get right on that. I just ignore her and then she apologized the next day. Her car is still broken and she keeps asking me for rides but I keep telling her no.

Anyhow, I need to give puppers a bath and maybe a haircut- at least a little trim. He needs it badly. I am happy to be off today, I wasn't supposed to be but I had counseling (I really like my counselor and I was confused about my schedule and I asked and they said I could miss since I'm still on orientation. I feel better since I talked to him. He is super nice and I get a lot out of it. I can't get my hair cut until July 2nd ugh. I guess that's what it's like to be a working member of society. Oh, my job wanted me off orientation after two days of shadowing and I told them no. The nurses said they'll push me bc they are so short handed but just another lesson in boundaries.

Nancy, how's work? Sam is it true they use injections in knees from the top of roosters crowns? I had patient tell me that yesterday and I don't know what to believe. I thought of you when he was telling me about his bad knees.

Okay, well I hope everyone's doing well. That's some crazy weather Sam, we had some good lightning aeound here last evening. I hope you get some rain you need. Puppers would love to go to the park with ruby but he'd probably sniff and growl at everyone (bc he's a grump sometimes) then he'd lay down in the shade haha.

Well I may break for dr phil before its bathtime. I walked him a lot today and he is passed out jerking around on the couch beside me hahah. I am sorry it's taken me so long to post, things are nuts around here with my changing schedule and sleeping in later and adjusting puppers meds and food routine but I think he's doing better than I am haha.

Okay time for a snack before dr Phil and puppers bath. I hope you all have a great day or few days until I write again. I have been eating way too much ice cream lately. . But I make up for it on my feet from start to finish at work minus my lunch. Okay have a good one everyone!
Hugs,
Angie

Last edited by GirlGettingOffSubs; 06-07-2016 at 04:04 PM..
Thank You (06-07-2016)
Unread 06-10-2016, 07:43 PM   #1270
GirlGettingOffSubs

Hi everyone,

Things are going well, due to a miscommunication between landlord and water company, I had no water for a day and a half and that is an ocd persons worst nightmare. Otherwise, things are okay, I keep reaching out to my brother and get nothing back from him. He might be out of town.

I work this weekend but am off Tuesday and have counseling again. I am stressed but know it takes time to adjust. Puppers is good, I get paid Wednesday for only one week and I need to get him more insulin and pay rent and all my bills and it's not going to happen. Ugh.

Anyhow hope you are all well; Leonard- how's it going? I have a tomato coming on my one plant which is pretty cool. Anyhow, I have to flip the laundry and keep being productive on my day off- maybe getting puppers more chicken and other items (on foodstamps I'm sure it's the last month) and pack my lunches for the next few days of work. Have a great weekend everyone!

Hugs,
Angie
Thank You (06-11-2016)
Unread 06-12-2016, 07:00 AM   #1271
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Angie, omg, I can't beleive you didn't have any water for that long. Yikes! Was it your whole building or just you? Have you tried calling your sister-in-law to see if your brother is around and maybe just busy?

How has puppers been when you get home from work? A friend of mine has those puppy training pads for her dog when she's at work in case the pup needs them. Like these ones. Maybe that's something you can get when you have extra money next check?
https://www.chewy.com/frisco-giant-t...-275/dp/117277
Or does the dog sitter come each time you're at work? Wow, that upstairs neighbor really is a pain in butt.

Do you like the people you're working with in general anyways? That's crazy that they're so short-handed. Glad you're keeping boundaries with the training before you go on the floor. Speaking of which, what about the neighbor's son, is he still around - why isn't he driving his mother place. lol

Sounds like your counselor appointment comes at a perfect time. Hopefully it will help you feel less stressed. Just remember it will take time for you to adjust and remind yourself of how well you are doing, ok?

(((hugs)))

Nancy
Unread 06-14-2016, 06:58 PM   #1272
GirlGettingOffSubs

Hi Nancy and everyone,

Yes I tried my brother and he got back to me later after I got my water on. Work has been nuts. They took me off orientation anyhow on Saturday and the weekend was a blur. I am so glad to be off today and saw my counselor.

That boy is still around, he lets the dog out sometimes when I am at work and helps me sometimes financially until I get on my feet. Which is soon. He did however screw up my bank acct, he gets paid under the table and I agreed to let a check for him sit in my acct and later he wanted money out of the Mac machine and it came out but then later the check was bad. So now it's overdrawn 450 bucks but it was worse and he gave me 200 so far. I can't wait until I can just pay this other lady to watch puppers bc I am getting really tired of him.

Puppers has been doing well, I have had someone able to stop over every day while I have been at work which is good. The neighbors son I don't pay obviously but he uses my laundry at times and showers sometimes etc. Puppers hasn't had an accident yet and I got stuck 10 mins late yesterday and I got home and walked him and he met a buddy he was so thrilled about they played and played. They were pretty much the same size, but the other dog was only 1. So it was pretty cool.

My coworkers are all nice and help me when they can but my one patient I have says I "gallop" down the hall. I struggle to hold it together there's so much to do. But I ask for help and everyone says I am doing great so as long as I get home to puppers that's enough for me.

I weeded my garden today, I have a tomato growing. When do I pull it off? I am such a novice. I talked to my friend in my old hometown on Friday and she asked me about X and I said I only got one email in 4 months. Well he got all messed up and sent me two emails that night, about changing my address and asking if I was at my brothers and then anther about gay pride in pgh (bc me and my neighbor who was married and divorced to a man and has 3 kids and a boyfriend) were lesbians. Then he sent me another about a pfa snide comments and then said he's all messed up on ecstasy (go figure). Silence is the best revenge but it bothered me some. I talked about it in counseling today.

Anyhow how are things with you? How's work? How's the kitties and snakes? I hope everyone is doing well. I will be happy to get paid tomorrow but I'm screwed if neighbors son doesn't give me money tonight bc I called work and it's going into my checking account direct deposit. And it's only for one week since I just started. Ugh. Lesson learned.

Have a good one, time to flip the laundry. Hope Leonard is okay. I will be happy to have a weekend off again, this past one was rough. I will definitely keep the puppy pads in mind for the future.

Hugs,
Angie

Last edited by GirlGettingOffSubs; 06-14-2016 at 07:01 PM..
Unread 06-18-2016, 06:50 AM   #1273
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Angie, looks like it's you and me. I was hoping to hear from Leonard, Sam and Elizabeth since your last post. I'm glad you finally heard from your brother. Not so glad to hear about the banking issue with that boy. I hope he's paid you back in full by now. At least he's good for stopping by for puppers once in a while...

As for work, you can only do what you can do. It sounds like you have a nice group of coworkers to help out when you can. Just try not to stress yourself out, you're still new, still getting used to everything there and you're still getting used to leaving puppers. Cut yourself some slack.

I think you'll know when the tomato is ripe enough to pick. You kind of have to go by how it looks and feels. As for X silence is the best revenge. Especially if he's all messed up on anything. Just better to leave that can of worms tightly closed. Your life is so much better now. It's hard to believe that it's been four months. Look at all you've done in those 4 months. I'm really proud of you Angie!

I'm doing well, thanks. Busy time of year. Kitty and snakes are good. Kitty doesn't really like the heat / humidity and I find her just sprawled out on in the most random places sometimes. hahaha Almost like she was headed somewhere and then decided to rest right there.

I hope you have a good weekend!!

(((hugs)))

Nancy
Unread 06-21-2016, 01:45 PM   #1274
GirlGettingOffSubs

Hi Nancy!

I know, I am worried about Leonard, I hope he's okay. Usually you guys are worried about me since I drop off for awhile. Work is good, things are good, I am super distancing myself from neighbors son. Actually my dog sitter called the cops on him Friday haha. He said he was taking his mom to the store and would stop and let dog out and wanted to do laundry etc. I was already at work (after telling him earlier I had puppers covered and he didn't need to come over) and I told him again don't come over and here he was already in my house doing things and texted me after the fact.

Anyhow, I am dumb for leaving the key where it was (not doing that anymore) so I texted dog sitter and said make sure he is gone by the time you go. So he was making macaroni and cheese and laundry in etc. he wouldn't leave and said "I'm not leaving, call the cops on me if you want." Haha well she is a retired cop so she did. That kid has zero boundaries but now he knows not to ever come over for dog and the key had since been copied by my dog sitter. His mom upstairs couldn't wait for me to get home and she was drunk and screaming at me etc. and she said I'm getting evicted bc the cops were here and the landlord is selling the house bc of me blah blah. So insane. None is true.

Gotta walk puppers, I'll edit and add some in a bit. If I get caught up I apologize, glad your animals are good. My brother hung out this weekend which was nice and I made a new pal up the street who is a girl thank god!

Hugs,
Angie
Unread 06-21-2016, 04:10 PM   #1275
Sam Bailey

Hey Angie,

Sounds like you're getting settled in, in the most normal American neighborhood fashion: you're making friends and the cops have already been called. Normal, yep. Ha!

Leonard's absence is somewhat worrisome, I gotta agree. Per all our hopes, he's just terribly busy...or maybe he's having computer issues. Something as mundane as that.

I don't mean to suggest that Leonard will disappear completely (I'm betting he'll be back soon!), but there've been a few long-time members who have, all of a sudden, just stopped posting. Like, WTH!!??

I've been a member here for a buncha years and when someone we've come to know, or think we know, suddenly stops...it's disconcerting, to say the least.

I'm reminded, first off, of a terrific and well liked member named Vhappy. She was a regular poster. Wrote often, in fact. Like most of us, there were issues beyond herself she was facing, specifically regarding her adult son. Whether or not something happened to him, or anything along those lines, who knows? Anyway, one day she just disappeared.

Here's hoping all is well in her life. As noted, she was a very likable person.

Anyway. Probably thinking too hard on this, as it applies to our friend, Leonard.

It's just, well.....I wish folks didn't just go away. Snap, poof! and they're gone, like a magic trick gone way bad.

**Angie! Ruby says "hey" to Puppers.

Boy! Ruby has not been happy with our recent LA weather. Yesterday's temp? 114 degrees! Crazy, huh? My brother-in-law lives near Palm Springs, where he reported his thermometer read 125 yesterday.

His friend actually sent us a text of a fried egg. Yep, on the sidewalk! Ha!!

sam
Unread 06-21-2016, 07:22 PM   #1276
GirlGettingOffSubs

Sam,

Puppers says hi to ruby hah. A fried egg seriously? Wow. I couldn't handle 89 with lots of humidity yesterday. It is hard when people who write often vanish but I hope it's only a computer issue, but with Leonard's knowledge I doubt that. I hope he's okay. Hopefully he's like me and is going through some changes (for the positive) and got too busy.

I'm at work at lunch and they are already hitting me up for double shifts. I said, if I didn't have my diabetic dog haha. I said, maybe if they let me bring him to work, which started a big discussion since we are a pet friendly facility. . That'd be my dream haha he'd follow me up and down the halls until he's get tired and fall asleep. And the halls are long.

I better get back but wanted to say hi and thanks for writing Sam! Hope it cools off out there, I'm off to the front desk to get a candy bar. Oh and to Nancy's question about my bank account-grrr he didn't pay it back, 400 ended up as almost 700, minus the 200 he did pay but it counts as paying him back hah he didn't realize the late fees would be 170 bucks. So poo on him. My brother helped me out mostly and I'll Paypal him money on payday. Funny how that's easier when he lives only a few blocks away.

Okay back to work!
Hugs,
Angie

Last edited by GirlGettingOffSubs; 06-21-2016 at 07:26 PM..
Unread 06-22-2016, 11:28 AM   #1277
morphing

Greetings Angie, Nancy, Sam, and All!

I'm terribly sorry to leave you all without any information, and I am happy that you all were concerned. My boss's boss wants me to come to his office, so this will be short...

After my divorce in 12/2010 I had determined to never get in a relationship again. Famous last words, right? Well, a Nurse Manager of a unit we were working on was very friendly, and very persistent (fortunately). I didn't think she was actually interested in ME, just in the work we were doing. Well, she asked me to go for drinks on June 1st (the anniversary of my ex-marriage)...definitely some kind of sign there.

I could write pages about her, but basically we've been together most days since then. I will update you later, when I can.

Take Care,
Leonard
morphing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2016, 02:37 PM   #1278
Sam Bailey

Hi Angie!

As usual, if not always, you sound terrific!

But hold on just a minute!

Leonard? Dude? You Casanova You! Ha!

Kidding with you. But seriously, what a great thing. Sure, potentially great, that's true. Yet you sound so positive about this new woman in your life. Really pleased for you.

best!

sam
Unread 06-23-2016, 06:08 AM   #1279
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Leonard! Wow! I'm so thrilled that there's a darn good reason you haven't been around much. I'm so happy for you!

Angie, poo on him is right! Between owing you that money and the dog sitter having to call the police and then his crazy mother. Ay yi yi yi. I hope he just fades into the background and finds someone else to try to attach himself to!

Happy Thursday!

(((hugs)))

Nancy
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-05-2016)
Unread 07-02-2016, 07:23 AM   #1280
NancyB
Administrator

Hope you all have a great 4th of July weekend!

Nancy
Unread 07-05-2016, 12:19 PM   #1281
GirlGettingOffSubs

Hi all!

Leonard! You go boy! That's great I am so happy and can totally relax now. I was worried. Things are good here, I don't have much time anymore but things are good. Got my hair cut last weekend (won't make that mistake again traveling on the 4th weekend- 138 dollar speeding ticket!!!) and I was going slow! For me at least. No points thank heavens but now I have to do a payment plan until I get situated financially. And my neighbor is such a pain in the you know what.

Work is going pretty well, they want to train me to be on the desk and in charge lol but I'll only do it occasionally. Most folks are cross trained. Anyhow, Sam how was ruby with fireworks? Puppers hates them and his sugar went up. But I have a ton of stuff to do and my hair is coming out by the scads so I need to do some research about thyroid stuff.

Hope you all had a great holiday!
Hugs,
Angie and puppers
Unread 07-06-2016, 06:49 AM   #1282
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Angie! Holy moly, a $138 for speeding? Yikes! Guess they were ramping things up over the holiday weekend. Glad there were no points involved though. Angie in charge! That's a good thing that they cross-train people. Especially for you. The more you know, the better off - especially if/when you want to switch hospitals or go into a doctor's office or something like that. Is neighbor's son a pain in the butt too, or did he get the message and is leaving you alone. Except for paying you back, that is!

How's puppers and his dog sitter working out?

Leonard, Sam and Elizabeth! Let's hear from you when you have a chance.

Happy Wednesday!

(((hugs)))

Nancy
Unread 07-06-2016, 12:52 PM   #1283
Sam Bailey

Hey Angie (Nancy, Leonard and Elizabeth too!),

You sound good, kid. You've BEEN sounding good for quite some time, I'm delighted to report!

Angie, you ask about Ruby and her reaction to the fireworks? Oh boy, not good at all!

When the explosions were kinda distant, she was concerned, but basically okay. But when the booms started getting loud, and a few of them were really loud (put that dynamite down!!), the poor girl got pretty scared. And confused. Something was going on and she could not figure out WHAT it was. She retreated to the closet at first. She loves sleeping there and it's a comfort to her. But not enough this time, not with all that racket.

So, bottom line, we did our best to comfort her. Especially Noah. He ended up holding her like she was a baby, a 65 pound Pit/Lab canine baby. Ha! That actually calmed her quite a lot. We also brought out a large fan, which helps with the heat---but this time, due to the whirring sounds it makes, it balanced out the explosions.

Anyway.

How about Puppers, besides his sugar going up? How was he with the fireworks. You said he "hates them," but does his behavior change much?
Me? I'm glad it's over, the Holiday I mean. Ruby too!

Sounds like work is ALSO going great for you. Excellent!

All else here is pretty much status quo. Except my running, which I am not doing! Knees, knees, freaking knees. Ha! Actually though, I've started riding my bike and, a surprise to me!, the pain disappeared from both knees. Stretching the ligaments and tendons? I guess. The pain returns within a few hours, but it's less pain...I think. I'm hoping I'm not, somehow?, hurting myself without knowing it.

Hope everyone's summer is good!

sam
Unread 07-22-2016, 09:21 PM   #1284
GirlGettingOffSubs

Hi Nancy and Sam and everyone,

This is going to be super short bc puppers sitter (who is now a really good friend) is on her way over soon and I have a crummy headache I'm waiting for the imitrex to kick in.

Sam that's too funny about ruby. 65lb baby hah! Newty if we are inside he'll jump (we had big storm this morning and he just made sure I was in his line of vision the whole time) but when I walked him during the fireworks he jumped and would dart around like you said, kind of like "what the heck was that and where is it now?"

His sugars have been good but the other day he yelped so bad when I gave him insulin it's been a two person job lately (long story about syringe change etc etc) so that's why she's on her way over.

Work is nuts, I work tomorrow then am happily off Sunday for the bbq associated with the funeral for my great uncle that died from cancer. But then I'll pay since I'm working my Tuesday that is my day off so I'll work 5 days in a row which will be rough.

I faxed my new family doc up here my old thyroid labs, something is super wrong, I am losing a ton of hair. So we'll see. But since I have been getting migraines and swelling more, I'd say it's probably low.

Anyhow, my garden is totally rockin it! Sam, you should be a writer for a living. Seriously. Pet Ruby for me.

Sorry it's been so long...
Hugs,
Angie and puppers
Unread 07-23-2016, 08:21 AM   #1285
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Angie! So good to 'see' you! Will you be able to see the doctor or do you think he can adjust your thyroid med without you going in?

That's nice you have a good friend in the sitter. Hopefully that means the neighbor and her son are pretty much out of the picture except when she wants to blame you for something? lol

Don't apologize for it being so long! You're living life and hopefully you're happy and will be healthier once your meds are adjusted.

(((hugs))) to you and puppers.

Nancy
Unread 08-15-2016, 01:36 AM   #1286
GirlGettingOffSubs

Hi everyone who may soon stop checking on me entirely....

Well I hope everyone is doing well. I have been insanely busy lately and trying to keep my head above water. I am not used to this pace of life (which to most would be slow haha) but having a diabetic dog and a full time job are both full time jobs.

The last two days I have had off work (besides this weekend) I went home, once to get my hair cut, and then to get allergy retested. So I didn't have much time at all but I did find out i picked up 5 or 6 new allergens, 4 or 5 molds and get this.....dog dander!! Ha! That's so funny. But they made me up new serum so off I go rebuilding my immune system twice a week. I've been working on getting records over to new endo then waiting for them to call if someone cancels.

Neighbor and son are nicely distanced. Although late this morning I did text him since I noticed he was visiting his mom and I needed help with puppers shot. He has a new girlfriend and has been staying with her. Yay!

So puppers is a little under the weather. Last night he tripped on a rug while chasing me (I had his dinner silly me he's not a puppy he's old) and he yelped and wouldn't use his back left foot at all. I felt horrible. My friend (dog watcher and only decent pgh friend so far) came over and she had a baby aspirin I gave him. Next day comes (today) and he wakes up by throwing up twice. I checked his pee and his sugar was good, vomitiing usually means it's high) he rested most of the day but won't walk nearly as much and it's bothering him. I feel sad about it, it's his arthritic one.

Anyhow, works been good, I had two days on the desk and then was happy to go back to the hallways. Weve been sending a lot of people to the hospital lately. But overall its decent. And one lunch break I get a text from a number I don't know. Guess who? No, you all think it's the X I left, but alas, it's the ex fiancé, the good guy I broke his heart and left him for X. So we've been texting a lot and it's really nice. He knows me better than anyone has ever known me. He is super awesome-director of the whole detox at the rehab we both worked at and runs the music program as well as having been a lecturer all summer at penn state. So he's doing pretty well at life, he just got out of a 3 year relationship and I am definitely not ready to get into anything but if I was.. Anyhow he is super creative and has been telling me about songs he wrote for me and sending me things online which is so sweet. He did get really sick for awhile with Lyme disease but is doing much better now. Next time I have a hair appt (September) we plan to meet up for a little bit to catch up in person.

well it's getting late and I want to start the week off semi decently. Nancy, how's work going for you? Hopefully this weather isn't going to last long the hest and humidity. I have so many tomatoes! It's awesome! How are your snakes and kitty/ies? Leonard-still seeing the lady friend? How's it going ? And Sam of course just drop in and be completely the writing genius you are. I am calling it a night! Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the summer.

Hugs,
Angie and puppers (who I hope isn't stating to go blind..I think he just had a really bad day)
Thank You (08-15-2016)
Unread 08-16-2016, 07:51 AM   #1287
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Angie! I haven't forgotten about you! I just figured you're busy, which you are. Like with Elizabeth and Leonard, I think of you all often and always hope that you're all off enjoying addiction-free life!

Perfect that neighbor and son are distanced nicely and that son has a GF. Takes a lot of pressure off of you! That's too bad that puppers is under the weather. I hope he rebounds quickly and feels better because I know that will be a load off of your mind.

Wow, that's interesting about your ex fiance texting you. Do you think he got in touch with your brother to get your number? How is your brother and family? It will be nice to catch up with him. Just take your time especially where he's just out of a relationship too. I know you know that, but I had to say it.

Good for you with the tomatoes! The chipmunks keep getting to mine before I can. Kitty and snakes are good, thanks for asking! Yeah, this humidity really is horrid. I'm hoping for some nice rain and a break in it for some relief.

Maybe you've sparked Leonard to fill us in on how he's doing. Maybe even Elizabeth too!

You take good care Angie, and it's always nice to see an update from you. I'm so happy you're doing so well!!

(((hugs)))

Nancy
Unread 10-04-2016, 08:19 AM   #1288
NancyB
Administrator

Just checking in to see how you all are doing - Angie, Leonard, Elizabeth, and Sam!

Nancy
Unread 10-04-2016, 11:56 AM   #1289
Sam Bailey

Hey All!

I agree with Nancy! It's good to check in. Sure hope you're doing well, Angie. Same with you Leonard. You too, Elizabeth.

So funny (tho not in a ha-ha way) how threads, and people, come and go. Oh sure, totally natural I know. But still...

Boy, was this thread active...for quite a while. Now that it's not, one does worry some. I mean, I felt more than a little "attached" to the life 'n times of Angie...and to the regular reports from Leonard and Elizabeth. With you, Nancy, being the glue that held it together, as you do with all the threads, in all the forums.

In any case, times change, people move---I guess the best we can hope is that they (we) move forward in the most positive way possible.

That said, if/when you DO check in, please send along a note. Let us know what's what.

best,

sam
Unread 10-04-2016, 12:38 PM   #1290
Leo

Here here Sam.

I too pop in every now and then. Hello Angie, sending you very best wishes from over the pond!

Leo
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2016, 03:51 PM   #1291
Sam Bailey

Hey Leo!

Good, no--great! to see you around the site. You're always in such a positive frame of mind (ok, most times? ha!) and it really does bring light to a subject that is, all too often, the darkest part of our lives.

Yet, you are an example, as several other folks here are too, of how a person can leave that darkness behind.

Good for you.....and good for the site that you continue to come 'round!

best,

sam