Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 10-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #1
Sunshine530

Question ObamaCare?

Hey, I am new with this but have been on Suboxone for a year now. I have to pay out of pocket for doctor visits & perscriptions. My doctors visits are 100$ a month (which is okay with me) & my perscription for generic suboxone is about 8$ per tablet (which is very hard to afford). I have never been able to get health insurence. I have a pre-existing condition & am 23 in Virginia. I tried to get medicade a few months back & they simply denied me because I have no children (which I think is a crock). Anyways, I am unsure whether to be excited about the new obamacare or not. As I have been thinking up new ways for over a year now on trying to lower the cost on even just my perscriptions, I have come up with little to no help. I have a savings card which saves a little & my doctor doesnt want to perscribe me the strips. Should I be excited for this new law pass thinking it could save me a lot of money on my perscriptions, or will I just have another expensive bill to pay each month which will run me further in the hole than I already am... Does anyone have any thoughts on the obama care? If so, I would love to read them & appreciate any advise given! Thank-you!
Sunshine530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #2
jlmc1978

I gave you some links in your other post (on Suboxforum)...I'll go try to dig them up and post them here as well so people here can view the chart I gave you as for reference.

https://data.healthcare.gov/dataset/...cape/ba45-xusy
jlmc1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 12:44 AM   #3
theswan

If your income is low you may get very cheap insurance. I unlike many experts here have seen many good aspects of the affordable care act. Seems the less you have the better off you are.

Good luck

Glen
theswan is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to theswan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-03-2013)
Unread 10-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #4
jlmc1978

Where there might be some good aspects of the ACA, what it's causing for small businesses, communities and cities that are laying off and cutting hours (already), and colleges that are passing the cost onto the tuition fees for their huge increases to continue coverage don't help those who already have insurance.

It's fine to overhaul something that is messed up, but at what cost? The cost of those who have insurance paying the price? We don't want anything to do with Obamacare..and our premium will still go up.
jlmc1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to jlmc1978 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (10-03-2013)
Unread 10-04-2013, 01:59 AM   #5
Sunshine530

Thank-you for everyone replying. I just have been trying & trying to get insured for so long, & I don't have the biggest paychecks at all so it is very very hard to afford my medications. I just don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing. I guess I can find out when I try to get insured! Thanks again!
Sunshine530 is offline   Reply With Quote