Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 08-16-2014, 07:20 PM   #1
Caroy72

Question Does" In sickness and in health" Have conditions?

My wife has made my life so difficult for the past year. Just found out she's been abusing painkillers, drained our bank account and hocked her wedding ring for drugs.

7 years of marriage : I have put up with at least 3 incidents of cheating, I short lived Meth problem she admitted to, found remnants of her using cocaine... And now this... Which has left me and her boys with little funds to keep the household running. I love these kids like my own but my best answer is to get her the help she needs then divorce her. I'll always take care of "my" boys regardless of what happens.

She has agreed to a 30 day program and is set to start Monday. The detox stage was rough but she made it past the worst of it.
Caroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2014, 09:23 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Caroy72, you certainly have been through a lot in the past 7 years. Hopefully she'll embrace the 30-day program and want to have an addiction-free lifestyle. Unfortunately, no one can force her to. It's something she needs to want to do. If she went to rehab voluntarily, that's a good sign.

You have to do what is best for you. You have to take care of yourself and your boys. Do what is right for you.

This article might be of interest. It's called "Addiction, Lies and Relationships".
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=19682

Let us know how you're doing. We're here to listen and support you.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2014, 01:46 PM   #3
Caroy72

I've come to a sad realization. I am her BIGGEST enabler. I am the primary income of the household, her income was pretty much supplementary, groceries, entertainment, ect...

For 4 years of our marriage she didn't have to work at all. I'm thinking that without me as a financial cushion, she may have a better chance of staying clean. After all, I know she loves her boys and is always worried about being a good mother.

Do you think this is backward thinking? Am I simply trying to justify my actions with my decision to leave?
Caroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote