Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 02-18-2016, 09:58 AM   #1
tbarto

Default New Jersey Family Care doctors for Suboxone

Hello, I have twin daughters that just turned 26 in December 2015 and are now off my insurance coverage from work. They both work for minimal wages and have just been accepted in NJ Family Care (Aetna) insurance offered by the state of NJ. They are both on currently taking Suboxone. I am having a difficult time finding a doctor that will cover their Suboxone visits. Does anyone have a doctor in NJ that will cover their Suboxone visits? We went last night to see a doctor that I thought was on the Aetna listing as a Medicaid doctor and the visit was $200. I think their Suboxone will be covered under the this insurance as they are going through a Pre-Authorization on the script today. I hope it is covered??
tbarto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2016, 10:56 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi tbarto, welcome. Hopefully Jeff will respond to you in the other thread you posted in.

If the doctor your daughters went to see last night was listed as a provider, contact the insurance provider to see if the doctor is, in fact, on the list. If the doctor is, tell the insurance carrier what happened so they can straighten it out. If the doctor is not on the list, ask them if receipts can be submitted for self-reimbursement and if they can find an in-network doctor for your daughters. Also check to see about the medication being covered.

It's best to get that type of specific information right from the insurer. If the person who answers the phone isn't helpful, ask to speak with someone else.

In the meantime, they can use the matching system and see if a doctor responds:
http://treatmentmatch.org/
There's a 'statement to the doctor' section where they can put their insurance name. Just be aware that some doctors don't even read that statement and respond even if they don't take that insurance. So it's best to ask when calling.

I hope this helpful. Keep us posted.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-18-2016)
Unread 02-18-2016, 02:31 PM   #3
tbarto

Thanks NancyB for you help. I called a doctor under Stress Care Clinic in Manalapan NJ. I found him on the Suboxone website, Ashwine Neelgund, for NJ and matched to her Aetna coverage plan. Stress care Clinic said her Suboxone visits will be covered if she enrolls in their IOP program, which I assume will be covered under NJFamilyCare. Not sure!! She just finished IOP last year and was prescribed Suboxone. I know she will not be interested in going to another IOP after she gets home from work. I'll keep on trying. Txs
Unread 02-18-2016, 03:20 PM   #4
tbarto

NancyB, I made another call and I think I found a doctor. In Manalapan, NJ. Dr Alexander Goldberg. At first the receptionist said no, we are not accepting any new patients. As we got to talking, and I told her (Judy) my story, Judy was able to get the approval to accept my daughter as a new patient. Hurry!!! So, I made an appointment for next month. I do need to have Dr Goldberg added as her primary doctor with the insurance company, which is perfectly fine. I hope this works!! Thanks!
One User Says Thank You to tbarto For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-18-2016)
Unread 02-19-2016, 07:39 AM   #5
NancyB
Administrator

Hi tbarto, wow! That is fabulous! Keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out.

Let us know when you know!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-19-2016)