Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 03-06-2006, 09:31 PM   #51
woodshop

Hi Boxermama, I know you have that title for something other than just throwing the towel in. I suggest you call and determine where the nearest doctor is to you that has an opening. Drive, Fly, hell if you have to, walk there, but stay with this program. I know it is not your choice in this matter, but think how would you have handled this if it was the drug of choice you wanted and couldn't find it. You would go out there and do anything you can to get it. I think that this 30 patient is for the birds. But, we have to remember it is there for a reason, I quess so the DEA and others can follow the rules they have made.

I have never met you, but I would put my paycheck on that you will be okay. There for you, WOODSHOP!!
Unread 03-07-2006, 07:01 AM   #52
OhioMike

Hi Dawn, Tell me, are you able to travel if need be, to find a doctor? If you could find one which would put you on monthly visits, could you drive? For instance, if you had a 1 PM appointment, could you leave at 5 AM to get there and then be able to drive back? If so, then in a radius from where you live, there are a good number of doctors from which to choose. I understand this may seem unreasonable. However, I am looking at this, as I did myself when I began my search. I set my limits and because I want off my drug so bad, this was the criteria I used. If you can do this, I would be willing to help you find a doctor. I have a great deal of free time and would be willing to make calls for you.

Mike
Unread 03-07-2006, 11:58 PM   #53
boxermama

the only thing is that my car isn't reliable and i don't have car insurance. i drive my boyfriends nice car with insurance when he is off work. i get so nervous driving on interstates but i'm going to look into that. i'd rather get a ticket, a flat, a nervous fit than to lose my suboxone.
thanks for expanding my horizons,Mike and i appreciate the help and i may have to take you up on that sometime.
monday i have an appt. for intake at the methadone clinic for suboxone (that's $120) if i don't like the answers then i'll have to drive.
thanks to you all
dawn
Unread 03-08-2006, 12:04 AM   #54
Mary

Dawn, Sending out extra-special postive beams to you! I hope it goes well. -Mary
Unread 03-08-2006, 03:45 PM   #55
boxermama

thanks, mary. i really need them!
Unread 03-08-2006, 03:50 PM   #56
NancyB
Administrator

Dawn, Please let me know what you find out Monday.
Fingers crossed. Thinking of you.
NancyB
Unread 03-10-2006, 04:59 PM   #57
boxermama

Nancy,
i'm still waiting for Monday to get the true details of dosing at the methadone clinic. i did hear good news... there are 2 new doctors waiting for the license to prescribe buprenorphine. Dr. Mancino is going to be at the V.A. and Dr. Chopria is going to start a clinic! itsn't that great news? on monday, i'm going to ask to get on Dr. Chopria's waiting list. wow. we needed this is arkansas very much.
thanks
dawn
Unread 03-10-2006, 06:21 PM   #58
NancyB
Administrator

Oh Dawn! That's great!!
Can't wait to hear how it goes Monday!!

Nancy
Unread 03-16-2006, 01:46 AM   #59
Mary

Hey Dawn, Just thinking about you and wondering if you found anything out yet? Still sending out positive beams! -Mary
Unread 03-16-2006, 10:34 PM   #60
boxermama

YEA! i'm dosing at the methadone clinic everyday 8 mg (NO PLACEBO'S)!
and i'm on the waiting list for a doctor! thank you all for the prayers, positive vibes, advice and caring. it helped me during a really difficult time finding a way to keep taking suboxone.!
dawn

kerouac,
keep you head up and keep trying. drive if you have to. where there is a will there is a way. listen to your friends here...they sure did help me.
Unread 03-17-2006, 12:50 AM   #61
Mary

Dawn, I'm so happy for you! wee hoo!! Warm happy beams to you! -Mary
Unread 03-17-2006, 01:17 AM   #62
NancyB
Administrator

Wonderful news Dawn!

NancyB
Unread 03-17-2006, 10:57 AM   #63
ttop

not all methadone clinics offer suboxone.
In my area, one does and one does not.
The one that did was $200, dollars a week, for the first two weeks to start-
I don't know about after that.

Unread 03-17-2006, 10:22 PM   #64
boxermama

ttop, my methadone clinic stopped giving suboxone but started again b/c of requests. yes, it is expensive....$120 a week. i have to pay cash and attend 3 groups a week but it's my life i'm saving and i have to remember that. i did apply for the sliding scale application. maybe you can ask for that, they should have some kind of assistance. ttop, please keep asking the clinic for help and don't listen to people there that don't have the direct answers for the questions you have. ask someone above them for a direct answer. please keep trying
dawn
One User Says Thank You to boxermama For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-06-2014)
Unread 03-18-2006, 05:03 PM   #65
ttop

Boxermamma----I posted what happened to me when my doctor moved.
The worst of it was that he did recommend another doctor, and I made the appointment & went, but I was treated like CRAP!!!! when I got there.
They showed me their list, it was three pages long, and they said that when I called to make the appointment I should have mentioned the suboxone.
Also, although they did take my insurance plan, the suboxone service was CASH ONLY! (and very expensive.)
Luckily, as I was leaving the office, another patient did mention the methadone clinic, and my current doctor.
I got on my current doctor's list, and they called me within a week.
If I ever miss an appointment with my current doctor,or, if I go longer than 30 days without going-in to see him, I am no-longer considered one of his 30 patients, and I would have to get his list again.
My doctor charges me what he charges every other patient for an office visit.
I've tried 4 doctors with this so far and called many others/checked-out their websites.....my current doctors fees are the only ones that I've seen
that resemble fairness in regards to bupe-treatment by the way.
One User Says Thank You to ttop For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-06-2014)
Unread 03-21-2006, 02:15 PM   #66
bgro22

I'm trying to stay positive today. Started out that way anyways. I'm more than likely going to have to go off pretty much cold turkey off of my sub. cause of money and terrified. I still fight cravings for opiods mostly for medical pain that I can't come up with the money for surgeries. I've got to figure out a way to get through this. Don't know what else to say except trying not to give into giving up and I know I can't give up on life because I love my kids toooooo much. don't know what else to say.
One User Says Thank You to bgro22 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-06-2014)
Unread 03-21-2006, 02:44 PM   #67
dodo

Dawn,
I am thrilled for you!!
Doris