Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 03-07-2006, 03:51 PM   #51
beginagain

North Georgia $4.83 per 2mg Subtex dose - I am on a very low daily dose. The treatment cost me $500.00 which covers the induction, lab work, EKG, physical, medical history and follow-up visits for 1 month. After that he expects to take me off the medication but if I need to be on it longer or my taper lasts longer than planned I will pay a regular office visit charge when I see him. Don't know how much that is yet.

I felt like the $500 was very reasonable especially since the lab, physical, EKG and all the one on one time I spend with the doctor is covered in that price. He spent alot of time doing education and nutritional/supplement counseling as well.
beginagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #52
bjmohn

I payed $7 a pill in Virginia without insurance. I think it's worth it for me but I have several "friends" who can't afford this, though they have worse addictions, and probably more urgent desires to quit, than me. One woman in particular who I know (the middle- woman who provided me with my main heroin connection) is my Mom's age- almost 60- and has been struggling with her addiction for about 30 years now after immigrating here from Columbia, having a child, and divorcing her husband. I met her while working at a restauraunt in D.C. (she still waitresses there) and she immediately became a friend and parental figure to me in the disfunctional sense I am used to. It was hard for me to break off contact with her. I would like to help her. She of course, has no insurance, and sometimes has to ask her daughter or relatives back home for help to pay for rent and groceries.
She helped to raise the man who became her dealer, and kept track of his finances while he was in jail, so she pays about $300 a month to support her habit, as near as I can figure. She has a genuinely good heart. She is the most religiously faithful person I know. She wants desperately but is also stubbornly self- reliant and scared to lose her job in order to quit. She cannot miss rent out of repect for her roommate from El Salvador who cleans hotels to support three children and their errant father. Methadone clinics only put her in touch with more dealers and hustlers and obviously haven't helped to control her mentally addictive tendencies. My question is two- fold, but I think it is important: 1.How could she afford this treatment which has worked wonders for my mental strength in fighting not only a heroin addiction but also my desire return to the gauntlet of other drugs between which I have bounced back and forth over the past 5 years? Does anyone know of any free/ payed studies being offered in the D.C. area for Suboxone?
2 More importantly, how can I convince her that the expense nis worth it... that Suboxone will possibly help her for good? How can we help people who have almost given up hope of ever living through their addiction- do we just forget about them and recommend a temporary Meth fix? Also, does anyone have any stats one how heroin affects the body's absorption of vitamins and minerals? I think I may be able to persuade her, at least, that she is wasting her money on the rainbow of expensive "Whole Foods" vitamins and food she buys, pretending to buy a health nut.
bjmohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2006, 04:36 PM   #53
NancyB
Administrator

bjmohn, I'm glad you're doing well!
Here's a start to answer your first question.

-From Doris's Topic 'Suboxone Prescription Assistance Program'
http://www.naabt.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=412

All,

I called the following number for the Suboxone Prescription Assistant Program, 877-SUBOXONE(can also call 877-782-6966, last digit is different with this number, same place though!) This is the information I received:

The girl I spoke to did not know what the requirements were to be eligible for this program. She told me though, in order to even see if you are elible, the process needs to go through your doctor. This plan covers medication only, not office visits, per the girl I spoke to. If you are interested in this, she said to call your doctor and give him the phone number. The doctor needs to speak with them and get the application process started. In my case, my prescription coverage plan pays for my suboxone, so I am not eligible. You need to be paying cash. What other requirements are taken into consideration I do not know BUT if any of you find out, I'm sure it would be appreciated if you would post. Good luck to anyone that goes for this!!!

-Another thing would be to look into city/town then county and then state and Federal assistance programs to see if any are applicable.

-And here's a link to check if there are clinical trials:
http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct/action/GetStudy

-It might also be worth calling local teaching universities to see if there are any studies/trials being conducted at those also.

I'll let you know if I find any studies on vitamin/mineral question.
NancyB
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2006, 04:39 PM   #54
Waningphilosophic

Does anyone know if it is a somewhat "universal" fact that the higher the dose(mgs 8 vs 2) is cheaper when bought in quantity? I am not on suboxone - I am on Subutex and I pay $130 for a 30 day supply of 2mgs or roughly $4.30 per pill. If I were prescribed 8mg pills would they be cheaper? I find this hard to believe, but most of this thread and others seem to imply this. If I were able to persuede my DR, couldnt I just score and then cut the 8mgs to where they were the level of 2mg and save some money? Any help from a pharmacisit monitoring or knowlegeable person would be greatly apprecieated. TIA.
Waningphilosophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2006, 04:51 PM   #55
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Waningphilosophic,
Yes, The pricing structure of both Suboxone and Subutex make it more cost effective for the 8mg pills to be cut to the 2mg dose. Of course there are price variations pharmacy to pharmacy, so a few phone calls could save you even more. But you will definitely save if you were prescribed the 8mg. pills.
NancyB
Unread 03-09-2006, 11:25 PM   #56
buzzbuzzard

I just paid $6 per 8 mg Suboxone (20 for $120) at Walgreens in San Francisco. I'm not using insurance because I don't want this to follow me; I freelance now but plan to find a regular job at some point, and I don't want this treatment seen by a prospective employer.
buzzbuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2006, 11:38 PM   #57
OhioMike

I pay 3.66 per 8mg tablet. or roughly 110, per 30 count of 8mg. This is before insurance.
OhioMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2006, 04:07 PM   #58
Waningphilosophic

OhioMike - Do you mean, before your policy reimburses you? Or is that your portion? ANYONE ELSE - I live in Hell-Paso Texas, there is only one subutex DR in a city of over 500,000 and I am not so sure how keen he would be to prescribing 8mg pills when I am usually prescribed 2mg. None of the pharmacies have them on hand per se, but all are very competitive when it comes to ordering them. I can pay, depending on how much time and gas I want to waste anywhere from $115-$139 for 30 2mgs. He will surely claim the potential for abuse supercedes my need to be ecconomic about the whole thing. Does anyone know if it is cheaper to buy 8mg pills, but in a lower quantity? To recieve the 1.5mgs I need each day, if I could properly cut them, I would only need 7, 8mg pills. Has anyone attempted to do this yet?
TIA
Waningphilosophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2006, 04:13 PM   #59
Suture

Subutex is more expensive then Suboxone. I think its a supply and demand thing, more people use Suboxone. I don't know how much more, I'm sure it varies. Even though the 8mgs tablest of subutex are still cheaper per mg then the 2mg.

If your doc is worried about abuse why not ask for Suboxone? It will cost less too.
S-
Suture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2006, 03:40 AM   #60
kiltman64

Hi,
I paid $700 to begin the tx and this covered the first weeks meds and first two weeks of visits. After the first two weeks it is $75 per office visit. My insurance has a copay of $24 for the pills no matter the quantity the doctor writes. First script was for 7 and second was for 14 and they both cost me $24. I am going to tell my doctor this next time and hope he will give me a longer script to save money on the prescriptions. I have been using my presciption plan for this and am a little worried by some of the posts that state this could follow you. Could someone who has had a bad experience with using their insurance and having it haunt them please answer. I am in Tennessee and as I understand it I am protected by strict confidentiality laws concerning this treatment and I am not required to release this info to any employer. If I am wrong I would like to know. I have a job that is sensitive to this type of thing and dont want to take any chances.
Thanks
William
kiltman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2006, 12:06 AM   #61
cornbally

w/ insurance 14 8mg $25.50
cornbally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2006, 10:18 PM   #62
Robyn

Paul,
I get on average 60 of the 2mg pills and Express picks up all but $25.00.
Robyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2006, 12:45 PM   #63
Chuck

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by cho55cho

I am curious. Are your insurance companies paying for the Buprenorphine pills?
The rate at a pharmaciest in Aventura Mall, Miami Florida charges $5 for the 8mg orange flavor. and yes my HMO pays for part of my medication. Since this is not a generic for the 30 pills I would pay $50. If it would have been generic I would pay $10.

I do not know what they are going to charge me for the lower mgs pills.

My doctor is a real 12 Stepping Nazi Jerk, and he is ignoring many of the medical protocols outline in the Federal Guidelines. I should be able to make some kind of complain to the federal government who is licensing him to prescribe this medication. At least for him to be talk with and asked how is he prescribing this medication.

He is comfrontative and costantly sacastic, telling me that I am going to do it his way or not at all. I do not even know what he is planing to do. He tells me the day I visit him what he is going to do next. Although I am accepting his way of doing things because I have no choice right now. I am doing it under intimidation and coersion.

I am afraid this guy might hurt some patient, I am quite tolerant of this condition, but I do think that he is not providing best practice, and seems to be following some kind of 12 Step Phylosophy to manage me and I guess other patient.

I think this web site, should have some kind of location where patient should be able to indicate their consern(both positive and negative), eventhough the website does not take responsability for the information and only the writer should take responsability. But I think prospective patients should know that some doctors are not following what I think is appropriet medical protocol based on the Federal Guidelines outline in TIP 40 of the SAMHSA documentation.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2006, 09:55 PM   #64
woodshop

I PAID $375.00 FOR 120 PILLS OF SUBOXONE 2MG. EACH
MY DOCTOR CHARGED ME $1,500 FOR THE FIRST MONTH AND STARING THE PROGRAM AND $1,000 AFTER 6 MONTHS. IT SOUNDS LIKE THE GOING RATE. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, ITS MONEY IN THE BANK FOR ME, IT SAFED MY LIFE.
woodshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2006, 06:06 AM   #65
Zeuss

It costs me nothing to see my doctor and my dose of Subutex (24Mgs) costs me $5.00 per day. The daily dosage cost is the same weather I am on .2Mg or on 32Mg. 50 cents a day less if I pay weekly. I guess thats just another of the bonuses of living in this fine country.BFN.

Oops The fine country i was talking about is Australia.
Zeuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2006, 12:59 PM   #66
rikaros

My insurance covers my script. It's the doctor fees that are outrageous here. In Altoona, PA, they are charging between 375-600 just for the FIRST visit! Realistically, how is someone in active addiction to afford that??

Also, medical assistance DOES pay for the doctor's visits, it is charged as a general practitioner visit. So if you are looking to begin suboxone treatment and a provider tries to tell you that MA doesn't cover it, they are lying. There was a scuttle-butt for about 3 months whether or not it was billed as a PCP visit or mental health (2 different billing companies). It was divided between the two, depending on where you go to get your treatment. But by this time, many of the doctors realized that this was a profitable endeavor, and as MA does not pay the same as cash pay, they are refusing MA. It is really hard to find a decent doctor from the bad ones, there are so many of the latter who are just using the treatment as a cash crop.

My recommendation to everyone looking is call around and ask questions before scheduling an appointment. I was fortunate in that I was in MMT for almost 6 years before transferring to suboxone, so I had a significant amount of recovery time and only needed maintenance at that point. But I have seen it backfire in some patients, where the doctor is not closely monitoring them and they have since relapsed, which is truly unfortunate.
rikaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2006, 05:37 PM   #67
Torxis

Here in Northern New Jersey I paid $150.00 for the initial office visit now pay $50.00 for follow-ups. I pay $85.00 for 30tabs @ 2mg/tab. My doc dispenses the Suboxone right from his office. Walgreens charges $11.90 for a single 2mg tab, but $98.00 for 28. This lasts me 2 weeks.
I had an emergency when my doc went on vacation and forgot to tell me. I found another MD who covered me for a $75.00 office visit.
People, doctors are people too and many are suseptable to haggeling [no spell check]. Besides being in business to make money, most are there to help. So if you're having difficulties, try talking to them. Express yourself maturely and without getting excited. Remember, they can't help if they don't know you have a problem.
Torxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2006, 04:37 PM   #68
leolady

Hi all,
Here in Michigan, I just paid 16.59 For 2 pills. I am currently unemployed...no unemolyment yet...i was thinking of asking my dr if he could give me some thru his office? Is that possible..I mean i need this medicine..well dont we all though!!

Thanks
leolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2006, 01:05 AM   #69
MrsNola

hmm...I have just started (today) going through this with my husband:

Weekly counseling session... free
Monthly Doctor's Evaluation visit...$350
Monthly supply of 8mg tablets (2 per day)...$322
The idea of getting my husband back....priceless
(I couldn't resist)
MrsNola is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2006, 12:02 PM   #70
brim

In baltimore, Maryland $20 a pill and $70 a week how does one stay clean on the price of $900.00 a month for treatment - unreal!

dodo: Every place I've looked at least a 3month waiting list. Baltimore has a great big problem and they don't have the resources! Poorly run city when it comes to helping addiction.
brim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2006, 01:09 AM   #71
Anna APRN

Mrs Nola, My comment about your wonderful snse of humor was for you. I have been reading this discussion board for a long time but am just getting on to post...not getting the technical aspects down yet.
Anna APRN
Anna APRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2006, 10:29 PM   #72
MrsNola

Thanks for the nice response, Anna APRN! You have to smile sometimes, right?
MrsNola is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2006, 01:26 AM   #73
Kathleen

Hi Leolady, I wish free samples were a possiblity for lots of people but because Suboxone is a controlled substance (narcotic) it can't be done. Sorry! What about City or State health care programs while you are unemployed. I am not a social worker so this isn't my area of expertise, but when I have a patient in a situation such as yours, I walk them over to our clinic social worker and let her help them get State or City coverage which usually seems to be retroactive. It's worth a try. Check with a social worker. Good luck!
Kathleen RN
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2006, 06:10 PM   #74
suboxman

I pay a co-pay non formulary 50$ yes through insurance. Whether prescribed 10 pills or 180 pills the same 50$

Mrs Nola that is cute. So expensive? none of these doctors take health insurance and just rip us off. The drug is a lifesaver for me and I am having problems getting a steady supply. My current doctor wants me off. I pay 20 co pay to seee her my insurance pays her 95$

Good Luck sorry its so darn expensive

brim do yo u have costco? Cheapest around. Walmart is usually cheaper than most. That cost is crazy.
suboxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2006, 06:56 PM   #75
Brett

I paid 5.50 per 8mg. tab
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2006, 03:41 AM   #76
emma4484

I am very fortunate to have healthnet insurance from my job. I go to a CVS in CT. I pay $40 for 42 8 mg. pills So I am only actually paying less than $1 for 8 mg. Out of curiosity I asked how much it would be with no insurance $250 for 42 8mg or $500 for a month supply! I also recieved a snotty attitude from the pharmacist after giving him my script, I feel like a lot of people are still holding onto a stigma of people on medication matienance. I mean come on, we are changing our lives, give us some credit!
emma4484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #77
Stacey

I live in South Florida. The Dr. I see charges $200.00 for the induction. Each vist after is $100.00. He does not accept insurance. The suboxone is about $5.00 per 8mg tab. I have been on sub. for 11 days now and have had to see the doc 4 or 5 times. I thought the induction price was very reasonable but did not anticipate the amount of followups required. I'm glad to be where i am but at times I feel trapped. Stacey
Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #78
Caroline

Brim, I'm in Baltimore and most pharmacies charge from $5 to $7 per 8 mg tab. $20 is outrageous...check around. On the topic of pills, I had a female patient yesterday who was only familiar with the 8 mg tabs, and when I gave her the 2 mg pill to take in the office she exclaimed...Wow! This is SO cute! I laughed because I never thought of pills in terms of being 'cute'! <g>
Caroline
Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 08:21 AM   #79
estaban

being retired I am under my wifes coverage.She has healthpartners.Induction and all office visits are a $20 co-pay.my scripts are $15 for 60 8 mg pills or a months supply.Pretty fortunate I know

Estaban
estaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2006, 12:28 AM   #80
beginagain

I changed pharmacies. I stopped going to the little family pharmacy my doc sent me to because he knew they stocked it and I went to my regular pharmacy where I've shopped for about 12 years. They had to order the medication because they do not stock it. They had it in 24 hours. I went from $4.83 per 2mg pill down to $3.00 per 2mg pill. Pays to shop around.
beginagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2006, 10:10 AM   #81
Teresa54

In Va, Insurance covers subutex and I only get enough for the week, I see my sub doctor weekly. He charges 150. per week, insurance reimburses me. I am on enhanced detox, meaning I went while in rehab 8 mg to 4, once out I am now on 2 mg for 10 days, then I will drop to 1 mg, then a 1/2 then jump. Then go on clonidin for two weeks, then maltrexone for 2 months. Opted NO for the long term maintence program.

No idea what the sub is costing paying the copay of 20.bucks for weekly amount.

Tessa. aka Teresa
Teresa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2006, 10:09 PM   #82
liz1018

I have insurance with a Rhode Island company and they cover some of the costs. I pay 40.00 for a bottle of 84 (one month supply). Sounds like I am getting a good deal.

Liz
liz1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2006, 03:16 PM   #83
Torxis

I just started working for my Suboxone doctor. How sweet is that?
Now I pay nothing for my visit and $170 for 30 of the 8mgs. The doc gets them directly from the manufacturer so, though he's still making a profit, his patients pay less than at any of the pharmacies I've seen. That works out to $5.66/tab. I only take half a tab, so I pay like $2.80/day for this life saving treatment.
My doctor charges $150 for the induction, and $75 for follow-up visits. If you have no ins. and can't afford to pay, you still have to come up with the induction fee, but he will work with you on the follow-up costs. >>>TOM RN

*NA RECOVERY LITERATURE**
http://www.na.org/ips/eng/index.htm
HOW TO FIND LOCAL NA MEET
http://www.na.org/links-toc.htm
Are Opiates Destroying Your Life?
http://suboxone.com/
http://www.reddecember.com/chat.html

Torxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2006, 11:42 AM   #84
umaxim

about 6.60 in Chicago Osco Drug... for 90 of Subutex
have to preorder them, as they only keep suboxone
umaxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2006, 04:44 PM   #85
Bassdad

$20.00 co-pay with Blue Cross PPO plan. #60- 8mg. Suboxone BRAND I am very lucky to have such an awesome Insurance plan. They have paid for everything for me for the last 16 years, no questions asked....Later On, Bassdad
Bassdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2006, 01:36 PM   #86
LastChance

Ins Covers with a $20 Co-pay. The doc in NYC charges $900 for a 3 mo supply. Still cheaper than the alternative
LastChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2006, 08:22 PM   #87
HDA

Portland, OR.

First visit - 250.00
follow ups (monthly) - 140.00
Prescription - 60 8mg tabs - 326.00 Fred Meyer

Most of the prices seem to be the same.
Part of the reason I first came to this forum was to :

1. Find the CHEAPEST PRICES FOR SUBOXONE!
2. See about insurance coverage.
3. Converse with you lovely people!!!! YAY!!!!!
Any help is appreciated on prices in Portland!

Just some info I recently found out that may help some people.........

If I am repeating someone, just delete, sorry.

I spoke with walgreens and appearently the deal with them is that EACH wallgreens has a DIFFERENT PRICE depending on the competition that they have from the other stores around them. So, word to the wise, if paying cash for your sub., call ALL of the different Wallgreens in your area and price check and also make sure to ask if they HAVE IT IN STOCK.
I found prices from 312.00 - 426.00 for the same 60 qnty. 8 mg tabs at different Wallgreens. Very odd indeed.

Hope this helps!
HDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2006, 03:12 PM   #88
Eddiew24

I have been addicted to painkillers for two years now. It all started because I broke my ankle and I found that I liked the feeling so I kept taking them after my prescription ended and now I am addicted. I can't sleep or function without them and it is destroying my life. It costs me nearly $200 a week to keep me from withdrawaling and I just can't do it anymore. I have been with my girlfriend for 5 years now and these past two years have been the worst esprcially when I can't get them. I literally go insane. I feel so bad for her because it upset her so much to see me like this. I love her more than anything and I am ready to change my life for myself and for her. I scheduled a doctors appt. for May 15th and I am so ready for this. I live in Savannah, GA and I was wondering if anyone knew the going rate for a prescription of suboxone without insurance or where the cheapest place to get the prescription filled. I would appreciate any information.

Thanks,
Eddie
Eddiew24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2006, 03:57 PM   #89
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Eddie and welcome! The best thing to do, because the price does vary so much even in the same cities, is to call pharmacies and ask what they're charging. Call the small 'mom and pop' places along with the major chains, including department stores so you'll be sure to get the least expensive price. The pills come in 8mg and 2mg only. And the 8mg are less expensive, so be sure to get the prices on both, since you have yet to begin and don't know what your dose will be. But you can use a pill cutter to cut the 8mg into smaller doses to save on the cost.

Congratulations on taking the first important step. You might want to go through the education section on the site - http://www.naabt.org/education.cfm - especially the 'What is buprenorphine treatment like?' section so that you have a good understanding of the medication and the process. And, I hope I'm not repeating what your physician has told you, but please be sure that you are in mild-to-moderate withdrawals before your induction onto the buprenorphine, otherwise you run the risk of going into precipitated withdrawal.

I wish you well and please feel free to join in, or even start a new topic to introduce yourself to everyone.
And please let us know if you have questions or concerns.
NancyB
Unread 05-10-2006, 10:13 PM   #90
austing

i pay 20$ a day for 8 mg in a clinic in south east indiana
austing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2006, 12:27 AM   #91
Brett

I found a new place to get my suboxone 2.89 per 8mg
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #92
JamesContin

I pay $25 dollars for 120 8mg subutex. My insurance pays the rest. My doctors visits are 100 dollars, every 3 months. The first visit was $250 and every visit after has been $100. I had to see him again in 1 week after the 1st. Then we went to 2 weeks, then 1 month, now every 3 months.
JamesContin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2006, 02:22 AM   #93
ryannnn65

I pay $171 for 30 8mg pills a month and my doctor visits are usually 80 once a month, I use Wlreens in pensacola Fl, and have no insurance.
ryannnn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2006, 08:44 PM   #94
eddy

$4.65 for a 8mg tablet, $110/month doctor visit, I pay cash far both.
ED
eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2006, 11:22 AM   #95
Dragon Fly

I paid $300 a month for 60 Sub 8mg pills. I think the first visit with my addiction specialist was $250 and it was about $140 for a full visit which lasted all of 10 minutes for $70 for half visit. Pretty expensive. That is why I can't get back on them until I get on disability.

Dragon Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2006, 07:32 PM   #96
skittle

I was paying 121 for 20 8mg tabs and was taking 3 8mg a day so needless to say it got exspensive. However after much stalking, begging, and pleading, my insurance finally agreed to pick it up for 1 yr. Thank God!! Its true what they say "The sqeaky wheel...) My doctor is great and went far and beyond to help me out too. Good luck to all who are struggling with the expense, its not easy but worth it.
skittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2006, 09:27 PM   #97
WENDY92040

I didn't even know you could just get a script and buy them. I have paid $3000. to an "at home detox" program. He comes to my home and delivers it in quanties that will last me 4 days, then he comes if 4 days and steps me down. I do have concerns that I have been stepped down to quickly. I was so trapped when I found this place. I am not a candidate for rapid detox (heart condition) and all the other rehabs I found were in house and from $10,000 - $27,000.00. I actually was trying to find another Doctor so I could get more vicodin, but when I typed in "physicians" At home detox, here in San Diego, was what came up. I saw that as a sign from God and took the ball and ran with it!

P.S. My "rep" has advised me not to use my insurance to pay for the drug I will need after the suboxone (that blocks opiates)because then I will be labeled a drug addict and my have issues in the future getting insurance again.
WENDY92040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2006, 11:48 PM   #98
RemissionRocks

your rep might be mis informed. Dont HIPAA laws prevent any insurance company from labeling a person a certain thing? I know my insurance company doesnt have me labeled as anything. and why would you worry about getting insurance again? they cant just cancel you because you're an addict.
RemissionRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2006, 08:32 PM   #99
littlemissbliss

My heart goes out to all the people that don't have insurance to cover their costs. I would never have been able to afford Sub therapy without my visits being covered, ($17.10 copay), and my scripts, ($22.00 each).

My original habit was mostly covered by scripts, so I was never spending 1,000's and 1,000's of dollars on pills anyway, (although even the $200-$300 was just about killing me - massive credit card debt), so I can't imagine what I would have done if I didn't work for a great school, that is connected with a great medical system.
littlemissbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2006, 09:20 PM   #100
kristofire

<div align="left">one psychiatrist in my town charges 300 dollars first visit and 80 every time after that. he will give you benzos if you are allready on them. now I am on 40mgs of methadone and have been on and off for 7 years. I once was up to 90mgs ed when I was going to the clinic. I do have anxiety, panic attacks and social anxiety disorder.

There is a woman that can now write for suboxone/subutex, but I dont know if she will give me my 6mgs of alprazolam a day. I go to a pain management clinic now and want to get on subutex very badly. I do have pain though. I dont want to drop my pm doc and have her not give me my needed benzos.

her first visit is 75 bucks and 50 dollars everytime after that. I was attending the methadone clinic for pain, not heroin. I dont use needles and will never. I called her office and she said or her receptionist said she would give me suboxone. I really dont want it, cause i dont need nalexone, hense, never injected opiates or anything.so, I am not ready to give up my pm doctor who is great and is very understanding. subutex 4mg tabs are 4 dollars here in florida.
so we'll see. also, she said i have to get to 40mgs and wait for 24-48 hours before starting subutex. I was told 20mgs of methadone.

thank you and any info is much appreciated.

p.s. I may be moving to hawaii, so I have been searching for pain mangement drs' out there as well as bupe docs.<div align="left"></div id="left">

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jake

I paid about $10 each for the 8mg. at CVS in RI
Jake
4$ for an 8mg subutex

dr. visit depends. first visit 75$ each additional 50$

different dr. 295$ intial, then 80 or 100$ each additional. this guy was the first in my county to be able to write for bupe.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PB

Ask him if you found another type of group for suboxone patients would that be okay.
does he only take cash. what kind of doctor is he. if he is just a primary care guy he is just thinking he is helping you an does not know about diferent kinds of therapy for addiction disorders.
PAUL
we should move this becaus we are off topic. Sorry but my insurance will cover 100 8mg pill a month for 20 dollar co pay
if you and your dr don't come to an agreement on medication, you do not have to pay the dr visit. i have walked out on so many a**hole dr's that had that attitude. a good dr will listen to you and give you what works for you. I have told them very boldly " well, i guess you dont want your 200 hundred bucks for the dr visit" they have actually called me back in as im walking out.

alot of people dont know this. walk in clinics aret the only exception cause you pau first.
kristofire is offline   Reply With Quote