Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Hi Alexis

Saint!! MISS YOU! x
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-20-2018)
Unread 07-22-2016, 04:18 AM   #855
Tryntryagain

Good morning my dear Saint. Bright blessings to you.

Yes, as our dearest Alexis asks, how are you my brother?

I have been talking of you and referring to you often lately on my thread.

Look what you have done to me! Look what happened! Gosh it must be nearly 4 years now Saint, and as i write to you i am sober. I have felt so many changes happening within me over those years and i can remember feeling "new" here and my goodness was i all over the place or what? I remember the combined with my dear R Lee the initial effect you had on me was to calm me. I was as mad as a box of frogs and going off like uncontrollable fireworks. Before i could even start to move forward i had to CALM DOWN MAN! I was almost always of the verge of spontaneously combusting!

It took me about 18 months before i began to actually listen to what you were trying to share with me. When i did, change began.

I am still, very much a work in progress, yet forever in my heart there is a special place for you and my dear R Lee, as when it was my turn to join this wondrous family, it was you both that were here, literally to save my bones.

Ok, ok, i do not wish to embarrass you or make you feel awkward as i know how humble you are. Yet if a human bod believes himself that another was and is directly involved in the saving and then the rising quality of his life, he's gotta say something...surely?

I really hope your enjoying your daily life as much as me.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you dearest Saint.
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-20-2018)
Unread 07-23-2016, 10:46 AM   #856
lostdog

have a good day Saint!
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-20-2018)
Unread 07-24-2016, 03:18 PM   #857
Saint

Tryn,

Thank you for your kind words.

Lee's words are echoing in my head, "Giving back what was freely given to me". That's what I was doing, as you yourself are now, giving back to others.
As frustrating as addiction is I couldn't make you sober nor can I keep you sober. My friend, You put in the work, You continue to put in the work, to maintain your sobriety. Yes progress, not perfection. It applies not only to sobriety but life for me. The fact you are sober, enjoying your sobriety, makes my heart full, brings a lump to my throat...

With love,
Saint
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2016, 03:25 PM   #858
Alexis

Love you Saint xx
Thank You (07-25-2016)
Unread 07-25-2016, 12:59 AM   #859
Rockinsteady

Giving back to others is the best. It feels good to have something of value to share. Speaking of which, I really like the phrase "madder than a box of frogs." Thanks to everyone for giving back to each other.
Rockinsteady is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinsteady For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-25-2016), Thank You (07-25-2016), Thank You (07-25-2016)
Unread 08-21-2016, 11:36 AM   #860
Alexis

Hello Saint, miss you, how are you doing? xx
Unread 08-25-2016, 03:32 AM   #861
Saint

Alexis,
Such a kind soul you are. Thank you for being you!

I am well. I celebrated 7 years sober as of August 1. I say celebrate but what I did was buy myself a cake and then processed to eat it 😂. Originally I never planned on any sort of celebration or acknowledgement .... I turned it around and decided it was a good excuse to indulge my sweet tooth. So I did, lol.

I'm staying busy with work, running and the usual chores around the house and then some. My dad is busy enjoying life. He experienced a race car ride by a professional driver, jumped out of a perfectly good airplane and is now in Alaska traveling. He's actively working on his bucket list and making the most of his time. It's great to see that from him.

You take care of yourself Alexis.

With love,
Saint
One User Says Thank You to Saint For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-25-2016)
Unread 08-25-2016, 07:21 AM   #862
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Saint! Congratulations on 7 years!! How fabulously you've embraced sobriety, even in the middle of some very tough times for you. You've always kept a great attitude and demeanor. Thanks so much for always sharing that and being an inspiration.

Good for your dad for doing all of those things he wants! Very cool!

Wishing you many more years of celebrations. I'm so happy for you and proud of you!

Hugs!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-25-2016), Thank You (08-25-2016)
Unread 08-25-2016, 07:51 AM   #863
Tryntryagain

Oh goodness! Good aftenoon my dear brother Saint. Bright blessings to you.

I am utterly thrilled for you and this landmark, what it must mean to you and your journey, the courage in as dear Nancy has said, really tough times, is a guiding light to many if not all.

I am proud to be a brother, i am proud to have someone with such influence on my own journey. Bless you dear Saint.

Thank You (08-25-2016)
Unread 08-25-2016, 10:39 AM   #864
R. Lee

Congrats Saint on your 7 years sober. You deserve to celebrate. Thanks for sharing your 7 years. It shows that it can be done. You & your sobriety inspire me that being I can do it too.

Happy to see that your dad is living life as it should be. Good for him.

Have a great day.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-25-2016), Thank You (08-29-2016)
Unread 08-25-2016, 05:28 PM   #865
lostdog

Congrats! To you Saint. I'm glad your dad is doing ok and miss ya! Take care and blessings to you.
2 Users Say Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-20-2018), Thank You (08-29-2016)
Unread 08-25-2016, 05:28 PM   #866
Saint

Nancy,

Thank you for all you do here. I'm not sure where I'd be had I not found this site. I appreciate your time and the time of your staff(?) keeping this site up and running.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Saint
2 Users Say Thank You to Saint For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-25-2016), Thank You (08-29-2016)
Unread 08-28-2016, 07:44 AM   #867
Alexis

How good to hear from you Saint you made my day!

7 years is quite wonderful you must be so proud of yourself. I know i am proud of you, so so proud.

and of your dad, who is living the way life should be lived. How exciting. Long may it continue.

Check in again soon.

Love, and peace, always. xxx
3 Users Say Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-20-2018), Thank You (08-28-2016), Thank You (08-29-2016)
Unread 09-16-2016, 04:45 AM   #868
Saint

Alexis,
Hello. How are you?
I've been busy with training for the Marine Corp Marathon which is the last week in October. Took some time and spent it with my Dad who decided he wanted to hang glide. One of those tandem open winged gizmos you steer by shifting your body weight around. I had not intention of actually flying, just spectating, but long story short, my brother and I each took a turn. It was actually more fun than nerve wracking. A great time was had by all.

Peace, love and light Alexis. I hope you are well!

Saint ❤️
One User Says Thank You to Saint For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-16-2016)
Unread 09-16-2016, 05:12 AM   #869
Tryntryagain

Good morning my dear brother Saint. Bright blessings to you.

Good grief man.....handgliding? realllyyy? Surely you have risked enough? No, seriously that sounds quite marvelous. I would do it although there would be little point....i would not see anything, my eyes would be firmly shut.

After going through some rehab with your previous injury, how inspiring it is to hear you preparing for the Marine Corp Marathon. I shall be by your side at the end of October when you run. I will be easy to spot, i'm the chap on the bike.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you my dear brother Saint.
Thank You (09-17-2016)
Unread 09-16-2016, 10:24 AM   #870
Alexis

Saint, im fine, very happy that you are well, that your dad is well and being amazing at living life.

Id love to do a sky dive, maybe next year in the summer you and your dad inspire me to try things.

Hope the training is going good.

Great to hear from you as always!!

Love and peace xx
Thank You (09-17-2016)
Unread 09-16-2016, 10:40 AM   #871
R. Lee

You sound good Saint. Great job with your dad & brother in hand gliding.
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-17-2016)
Unread 09-19-2016, 09:16 PM   #872
lostdog

sounds fun, have a nice time!
Thank You (01-20-2018)
Unread 10-28-2016, 11:08 AM   #873
Alexis

Hey Saint, How are you? How is your dad? Your sister?

Miss you xx
Thank You (01-20-2018)
Unread 11-18-2016, 10:37 AM   #874
Saint

Hi everyone,

I've been well. Dad is holding his own with the chemo. His tumor shrunk and for now he has no side effects from the treatments...nothing major anyways.

I haven't been as good of a brother to my sister as I should be. I need to reach out to her more..

I had a little scare with a foot infection of the skin (cellulitis) from a blister of all things. I ended up hospitalized for two days so it could be treated with IV antibiotics and then another week of oral antibiotics. I recovered enough to run the Marine Corp Marathon the following week with my Dr.'s ok and then completed a 50 mile run two weeks later with a bunch of friends from a FB running group. I had such a great weekend and was on cloud 9 the following Monday after the race. I still can't believe I ran that far but I have the 'buckle' to prove it.

There's a fellow from the running group that flew in from California to run the 50 miler. I met him in Ottawa this spring. He's been struggling with drinking and drugging and he was only able to run 3 miles before dropping out. He used to run 100 milers and now his addictions are taking their toll. He's on the pity pot, feeling sorry for himself, and living in the past. I talked with him for a short time after the race but I don't think anything stuck. He's truly a gentle soul, a kind man when he's sober. You can see the kindness in his eyes.... as well as the pain. He's been told by many what he needs to do... it's up to him to get the help he needs and stick to it.

Life is best for me sober.

Love you guys and gals!

Saint
2 Users Say Thank You to Saint For This Useful Post:
Thank You (11-18-2016), Thank You (11-19-2016)
Unread 11-18-2016, 12:04 PM   #875
Sam Bailey

Hey Saint!

So good to hear from you. And your races, the marathon and then, egad!, a 50 miler---wow! Good for you.

My knees are still a mess, but though I take it much easier than I want, I am running. That's a blessing right there.

Regarding your friend, well, sorry to hear that he's struggling with the drink and the drug. But then you are, of course, 100% right that he's the guy with the choices. I mean, the burden does rest on his shoulders to get the help he needs.

For any of us addiction is one tough deal, but to a gentle person with such a kind heart, you know that it's eating him up.

Recovery: simple...not easy. An old saying but endlessly true. Still, there is hope, always hope.

Best to you, Saint.

sam
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Sam Bailey For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-20-2018)
Unread 11-18-2016, 12:56 PM   #876
Alexis

Good to hear from you Saint, glad youre doing well xx
Thank You (01-20-2018)
Unread 11-18-2016, 05:30 PM   #877
lostdog

Wow 50 miles that's very far! I'm amazed.
Thank You (01-20-2018)
Unread 11-19-2016, 05:02 AM   #878
Tryntryagain

Good morning dear Saint. Bright blessings to you.

How wonderful to hear your news my brother. There is a a real tangible sense i can feel from your words. So positive, motivated and grateful. It was a joy to read.

With reference to your friend, ".....you can see kindness in his eyes...as well as the pain". For me it is the most painful feeling to a recovering alcoholic is seeing so much in another, however with drink and drugs doing their thing, when one reaches out only to trip over those blasted pity pots that i spent a great deal of time on, i always think to myself, if i can chose to stay sober a day at a time....anyone can! I was not just in denial....i thought i was enjoying it!

Am i right to believe this?......That those with a gentle, kind and loving soul will always somehow find a way of saving themselves. It might just be in the nick of time, yet they will get there. They will because nothing is more powerful than a kind and gentle soul. Even alcohol and drugs can not destroy that.

My dear friend....50 miles!~? Good grief. If i ran 50 miles in dear ole Blighty i would nearly be on the other side of the Country!

My love and thoughts yours.

Thank You (01-20-2018)
Unread 11-19-2016, 10:46 AM   #879
R. Lee

Saint, Great to hear from you. You rock a 50 mile run!! In the hospital for an infection in your foot. You get out & complete the Marine Corps Marathon.

Your friend that use to run 100 miles now has to drop out after 3 mile & he still chooses to drink & he probably has more drinking to do. These people show me to avoid that 1st. drink.

Glad to hear that you father has no side affects from his treatment.

You are a good brother & will do the right thing by your sister.
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-20-2018)
Unread 11-26-2016, 08:49 AM   #880
Alexis

Hey Saint how are you? How was your thanksgiving day? Hope you ate lots of good food! Miss you xx
Thank You (01-20-2018)
Unread 12-05-2016, 05:22 PM   #881
Alexis

Missing you alot Saint xx
Thank You (01-20-2018)
Unread 12-25-2016, 05:24 PM   #882
Alexis

Merry christmas Saint. Love you. Miss you lots xx
Thank You (01-20-2018)
Unread 01-18-2017, 05:05 AM   #883
Alexis

SAINT i see you online and sharing love with our Tryn

I hope you are well. Love you lots x
Thank You (01-20-2018)
Unread 03-05-2017, 08:55 AM   #884
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon my dearest Saint. Bright blessings to you.

Ummm....hello?........my dear brother!.......i can't keep up!.......Cor blimey....do you never stop running?

I am sorry for gate crashing your latest "run to 1 continent to the other in the quickest time and whatnot",....and thank you for stopping, (i am reliably informed that in Australia you'll be able to make the time up by hitching a ride on a "bouncy thing") .....i want to pop by to tell you about my fridge.

Nope, it is not the "run as far as you can with a fridge challenge", it is what is in it i want to share.

Plums...pineapple....weird yogurt, fruit that i bought by taking the picture off the internet to the fruit lady because i had no idea what it did or what it was, bottles of water for ****s sake. Ok....hands up, i think if would be safe to say there is perhaps the odd "sugary treat" going on there.....(i found out i luurrrvvveee cream)....however there is another alkaline practitioner who is basically asking my to pull up the nearest tree and eat the bottom of it and plonk it back into the ground.

At this point my dear brother i have to say no one has told me to run anywhere.

You know my journey, so you do. It has been a difficult week. I have learnt to "stand back" at times when i am most in need. I opened my fridge this morning and what was in it you may as well of bought it, and put it there yourself.

Empowerment takes many, many years, and never ends. Neither do the folk that create it.

Thank you so much for today my dear Saint.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you my dear Saint.
Thank You (01-20-2018)
Unread 03-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #885
Alexis

I hope you and your Dad are doing ok Saint xx
Thank You (01-20-2018)