Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 03-16-2016, 10:26 AM   #51
lostdog

Happy Belated Birthday Nan, hope it was spectacular like you. Thank you for all your words of wisdom and kindness. May you have a great year ahead!!
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2016, 02:18 AM   #52
nan

Well, the coffee is on, as well as the kettle for the tea! Even though it seems I have been MIA, I have been reading and keeping up with all the goings on-and think of you all every single day. You are my friends and family so of course I worry about each and everyone, and try to send strength and hope your way.

The struggles I have been going through with my son has kept me away from the keyboards a bit. But the really good news is that he is in treatment and doing great. Today was visitation for a couple of hours and was the first I have seen him in a couple of weeks now. He is taking advantage of the opportunity and is working the program. He will be inpatient for another week, and then has several weeks of intensive outpatient. This program includes sessions for the family twice a week and that lasts about 6 weeks. We all do have issues that need resolutions. I am happy that we have an opportunity to work with counselors-so important to have a third party there to help us through. How I wish he would have taken the help much earlier, thing is, he wasn't ready then, and now he is.

My granddaughter in Montana just graduated from high school so my oldest grandson went with me and we drove up there for a week to participate in the festivities, The Rocky Mountains are just beautiful, so peaceful to just sit on the deck and be surrounded by the snow-capped mountains. Was good therapy for me to get away and have other activities to keep my mind occupied-it is a 16 hour drive so that wasn't so pleasant but was also a good opportunity to spend some time with my grandson too.

So now I am home and have a million things to catch up with. But, for today I wanted to take time to sit down with you all and share a cuppa on this Sunday morning! It is good to be home.

nan
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to nan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-05-2016)
Unread 06-05-2016, 06:03 AM   #53
Alexis

Hey nan, glad you are back! and so pleased your son is in treatment. I hope he gets the help he needs and comes out stronger.

wow sounds beautiful to be at the rocky mountains, wish we had places like that in the UK!!

I have a cup of coffee too, so will clink cups with you love you Nan xx
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2016, 06:58 AM   #54
Tryntryagain

Good morning dearest Nan. Bright blessings to you.

How quite wonderful to hear from you.

I can hear the exasperation in your voice Re your son. The effort it takes from loved ones, especially a Mum, (Mom!), somehow means that when things are looking good, things are on track for him and he is in the right place, the loved ones are utterly exhausted.

The program sounds absolutely spot on. This is what i hope for him.

Before i started on my journey working/speaking to other addicts, i was inspired by 1 fellow in my early days.

At the time i was a quivering wreck in a group as were the others in the group. This fellow now in ecovery said to us something like this,

"You are all the luckiest people in the world".

I thought...."Say what??",

He told of us his journey out of alcoholism and shared what a wonderful experience it was.

The new people like himself, the talented people full of skills. The therapy groups where he learnt so much, found he had skills he never knew he had. That, when dark clouds gathered, he now had friends who were there not necessarily to blow those dark clouds away, yet to be with him while they were there.

His life and become....a life...his life.

My dear Nan, i was like a little boy listening to him. My eyes wide open, my jaw dropped and that is how i remained. It was if i was hearing something, seeing something i had not only never seen before, yet thought it was impossible.

The fact i am writing this letter to you today is in no small part down to that quite wonderful Gentleman.

If your Son can have sense of this, not only will he grow stronger, he will look back fondly of a very, very difficult set of circumstances.

Yummy, how i love a cwooffee with you.

Question dearest Nan.....Is it true that there is a unique breed of horse in Montana?

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to your Son, Loveness to you my dearest Nan
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2016, 10:51 AM   #55
R. Lee

nan, Great news on your son being in rehab. It is very hard not to enable the alcoholic. We do them no good when we do. Have a good one.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2016, 03:45 PM   #56
lostdog

best wishes for your son and family, so glad you had a nice safe beautiful trip!
Unread 06-06-2016, 03:14 PM   #57
Millie

I'm soooo glad he's accepting treatment. Sounded like he was in a pretty low place.

And so nice to hear you got to get away for a bit, and to somewhere so beautiful.

Thanks for checking in. Always nice to see you.
Millie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2016, 10:52 AM   #58
Alexis

Nan, how are you and how is your son? xx
Unread 07-03-2016, 02:31 PM   #59
nan

Hello to all, (and thank you to Alexis for asking about things! It got me started!) Going along here, one day at a time, being thankful for daily progress! My son completed the inpatient and has one more week of intensive(5 days a week) outpatient. He is also going to an outside meeting everyday. He is no longer living at my home, he has a one room efficiency so we both have peace. Finances are a big issue, as usual, huh? Sobriety comes first as he will have nothing, ever, if he isn't sober. It hasn't been an easy journey for either of us. I take advantage of the family therapy groups and counseling so I can learn and "gain strength". It is definitely a process for the both of us!

I am in the middle of a 3 day weekend-we are celebrating our independence from King George. Funny that I am writing to Alexis and Tryn in our former "mother country"! I am using my "free time" today to catch up on some housework and laundry-so will "celebrate" a cleaner home environment tonight. Weather has been perfect the last week but another heat wave is expected to come in this week coming up and I am not happy about that! Even my pet cat is affected by the extreme heat- he loves to sit in the open window when it is cooler and watches all the goings on in the neighborhood-especially the birds that have a nest right close to the window!

I continue to count my blessings and be grateful for all the good that is in my life. There is always something to be grateful for and that is where we need to dwell.

Now, since it is later in the day, I shall put the coffee pot away and brew up some cool lemonade for us to sip on while we chat. Summertime does have its advantages if we look for them! Remember, always choose good!

nan
One User Says Thank You to nan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-03-2016)
Unread 07-03-2016, 02:50 PM   #60
Alexis

Hey Nan, im glad your son is still working the programme and doing well. Im glad you have some peace as well

Hope your laundry and cleaning day went good and you can relax in a lovely tidy home!

Ill have some of that lemonade mmmmmm xx
One User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-04-2016)
Unread 07-03-2016, 06:02 PM   #61
lostdog

Glad things are better for your son and you are doing well, thanks for the update and take care. thank
you for all your kind support
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-04-2016)
Unread 07-04-2016, 04:49 AM   #62
Tryntryagain

Good morning dearest Nan. Bright blessings to you.

I am so glad things are looking up for your boy. You know back in the day i really did think that you didn't need to follow a programme to make your way as an alcoholic.

I have gone onto learn that it really is impossible to do it on your own. I am just chuffed to bits i found you and this family. In conjunction with other support, i have found my way.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to your boy, my dear Jen and you dearest Nan
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-04-2016), Thank You (07-04-2016)
Unread 07-04-2016, 10:51 AM   #63
R. Lee

Glad things are good for you & son. Have a great 4th.
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-04-2016)
Unread 12-09-2016, 06:11 AM   #64
Alexis

Hey nan, hows life? how is Jen? Your son?

Lets get a coffee and have a chat! xx
Unread 03-11-2017, 11:35 AM   #65
R. Lee

Hey Nan any news on jenm you can tell us. Thanks
Thank You (03-11-2017)
Unread 03-11-2017, 11:55 AM   #66
nan

Hi-Well, happy to report that jenm is doing great. She has a new job that she likes and is good for her-away from the job that had her working around alcohol. Our relationship has changed because of her brother still drinking. It has been tough, alcoholism sure affects families! But she is sober and has been doing good. Thanks for asking, sorry I have not said something sooner. I will let her know she has been asked about.

nan
2 Users Say Thank You to nan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-11-2017), Thank You (03-11-2017)
Unread 03-11-2017, 05:45 PM   #67
lostdog

Yes, take care both of you. Nice to hear from you.
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-11-2017)
Unread 03-11-2017, 09:09 PM   #68
R. Lee

Thank you nan. Her news could not be better. I hope her brother your son will some day see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for being here for us.
Thank You (03-12-2017)
Unread 03-12-2017, 11:00 AM   #69
Alexis

Lovely to see you around nan

Glad to hear Jen is doing well too. Love to you and your great family xx
One User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-12-2017)