Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 05-22-2016, 06:57 PM   #151
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, that was just a general reminder post about anonymity.

That's so great that you're staying positive and days are getting better! You're doing a terrific job, keep it up!

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2016, 12:33 AM   #152
Day2day

I have noticed that being positive is a big part of getting through all of this. No matter how bad it gets, just thinking you will get through it can push you past..
Day2day is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Day2day For This Useful Post:
Thank You (05-24-2016)
Unread 06-20-2016, 12:52 AM   #153
globie

Hi everyone things are going pretty good just got stay positive an hope things get better soon but I am just living day by day an see what next so everyone have a get day
globie is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to globie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (06-20-2016)
Unread 06-20-2016, 07:22 AM   #154
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, nice to 'see' you and glad to hear things are going pretty good for you.

Have you started tapering?

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 06-20-2016, 09:39 PM   #155
globie

Yes I drop 2 an I only get 28 a month so I doing pretty good it hard because with thing slow like they are sometimes I think I wouldn't be able to make my app because money is tight I wish there was help far people that's in the program but I make it just scares me u no but I going to stay positive
Unread 06-21-2016, 06:23 AM   #156
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, there is some help for people with the cost. There's manufacturer's savings cards, there's prescription savings cards, and there's free med programs.

Please check out this link and see if anything there can help you. Hopefully you'll find something in there.
http://www.naabt.org/buprenorphine-cost.cfm

Nancy
Unread 06-21-2016, 12:41 PM   #157
globie

Thanks nacy but I am staying positive an it a good time I take it day by day I just stressed out
Unread 06-22-2016, 07:05 AM   #158
NancyB
Administrator

Hi again, I just hope you can save some money with something in those links.

You always pull through with a great attitude! I bet that inspires others!

Nancy
Unread 07-03-2016, 02:38 PM   #159
globie

I am so stressed out now I don't no if I can make my dr app this month no job got laid off an they gave me the medical card but I don't believe no Drs take that I be so sick coming of the subs after this month life just sucks
Unread 07-03-2016, 03:37 PM   #160
nan

Hi globie, so sorry to hear your news. Now, don't give up-make a plan. Start now taking smaller doses of your medication so it will last. Call around and see about a dr who will take your medical card. Call the insurance company and ask them if they have a referral. Also use the dr locator on this site and put in the information about your medical card and see if any dr will respond. What mgs are you taking each day and how much medication do you have left? Don't give up hope there are solutions to every problem, we just have to keep looking! Let us know.

nan
nan is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to nan For This Useful Post:
Thank You (07-04-2016)
Unread 07-07-2016, 11:59 AM   #161
globie

I everyone I Ben stressing a lot probably be going cold turkey off subs no job sucks I got the medical card but always had inc an I no they ant got dr that take that boy I in bad luck I no I be sick any one got in options help
Unread 07-07-2016, 12:17 PM   #162
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, have you looked to see if any doctors take the card? Call the insurance company. How much medication do you have left?

Look through this link to see ways to find a doctor:
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=21259

Nancy
Unread 07-07-2016, 12:32 PM   #163
Sam Bailey

Hey Globie,

Really sorry that you're in this crappy predicament.

Globie? You may be right that no doctors will accept your medical card. However! You MAY not be right. Other words, please don't give up until you know for sure.

Since you're not currently working, make it your job to call every doc, every clinic, every place that deals with Sub until you find somebody who WILL take it.

If you end up without any Sub, if you find yourself in withdrawals with no other good options, go to ANY drug store and buy some Imodium. This over the counter medication (meaning you don't need a prescription) WILL help ease your withdrawals.

Google it, Globie---and you will see that it is opiate-like, just doesn't cross the blood brain barrier deal. Other words, it won't get a person "high," but it will ease those lousy withdrawal symptoms. Maybe not totally, but you WILL feel better.

Best option though is to call til your finger cramps up. Some doc MUST accept that darn card, right? Or "they" wouldn't bother to give it to people.

Keep trying, Globie. Whatever happens, you WILL survive this, comfortably or not. And then, it WILL be done with...it WILL be over at some point. And when that happens, you will be a renewed person! Your life WILL be better. Just don't give up!!

Best of Good Luck to You, Globie!

sam
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2016, 08:14 PM   #164
globie

I got me a job been working thinks are looking up I Ben ok anxiety Is not bad no work
Unread 07-13-2016, 08:53 PM   #165
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, that's such good news! Glad you're back to work.

Nancy
Unread 08-14-2016, 11:26 AM   #166
globie

Hi everyone Ben doing good just we flooded bad hear an gotta dr app tues worrie things are slowly drying up water coming down thank god but if rds are close an u run out your meds what should u do because I be out buy Tuesday any suggestions ?
Unread 08-14-2016, 10:14 PM   #167
NancyB
Administrator

Hi globie, so sorry to know you're in the flooded areas. It looks so bad on the news.

What you can try to do is take less of your bupe if you can. Try skipping tomorrow in case you can't get there on Tuesday. Definitely call your doctor tomorrow to see what is going on with them.

According to the DEA:
http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/pu...t/section5.htm

Schedule III-V Substances

A prescription for controlled substances in Schedules III, IV, and V issued by a practitioner, may be communicated either orally, in writing, or by facsimile to the pharmacist, and may be refilled if so authorized on the prescription or by call-in.

So the doctor can either call or fax a prescription to your pharmacy if need be.

Let us know how things are.

Nancy
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-16-2016)