Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 01-12-2016, 05:02 PM   #1
Crimson tide

Default Blue Cross Blue Shield HIP coverage

Hello, I am in need of some help please. I have Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield healthy Indiana plan insurance. I am currently living in the Northwest Indiana and cannot find any help finding a doctor that perscribes suboxone. It,s like finding a needle in a haystack. I successfully used suboxone for 3 years in Illinois and it seemed like doctors were easier to find. I have made over 20 calls and have not received 1 call back. I mean i,m talking about northwest Indiana...I would think help would not be that hard. Any information anyone can give me to help me not to go back to using would be greatly appreciated. ..God Bless You all
Crimson tide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2016, 05:37 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Crimson tide, welcome. Have you checked with the insurer to see if they can help you find a doctor? Or, if you can pay another doctor up front, ask your insurer how/if you could be self reimbursed.

Another thing people have done is asked their pharmacist. Sometimes they know of doctors who accept the different plans.

Did you see this thread on ways to find doctors? Maybe something in there would be helpful to you if you haven't already tried.
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=21259

I'm so sorry you're having such a difficult time finding a doctor. If you're running low on meds, do you think your former doctor in Illinois would call in a refill for you while you're still looking?

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote