Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 11-05-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
Frankie

Default Other fourms?

Hi all,

Not that I would ever look at another forum other than this one, (hmm? Ha!) but you folks ever sneak a peak at other forums like this one?

Frank
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
R. Lee

Frank, I check in almost every day.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #3
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Lee View Post
Frank, I check in almost every day.
Hi Lee,

Do you mean that you ckeck into other alcohol forums every day, or just this one? Thanks,

Frank
Unread 11-07-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
R. Lee

Just this one Frank
Unread 11-07-2009, 09:10 PM   #5
R. Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Lee View Post
Just this one Frank

Frank this is the only fourm I go to on the internet. I'm very involved with A.A. going to approximatly 5 meetings a week. I sponsor alcoholics in A.A. Included in my meetings is a jail meeting once a week.

I'm not promoting A.A. but it works for me.
Unread 11-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #6
CarlyO

Default Link I was referring to about Frank's question...

Hi Frank,
To elaborate further on the phone number exchange question....
This is a link from Tim and Nancy - /Admin to the info on how to safely use internet forums, get the most out of peer support. It may not answer your your question directly but you will get the gist. Granted this was for the opiate forum, difference being it has many many members - has been around longer than the alcohol forum but a lot of it still applies to most any peer support community.

please let me know if the link does not work !

Again, you can always request an email exchange through admin as they take anonymity very seriously and would only do so if both members agree to it.

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=20262

I hope this helps... Carly : )
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 02:37 PM   #7
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlyO View Post
Hi Frank,
To elaborate further on the phone number exchange question....
This is a link from Tim and Nancy - /Admin to the info on how to safely use internet forums, get the most out of peer support. It may not answer your your question directly but you will get the gist. Granted this was for the opiate forum, difference being it has many many members - has been around longer than the alcohol forum but a lot of it still applies to most any peer support community.

please let me know if the link does not work !

Again, you can always request an email exchange through admin as they take anonymity very seriously and would only do so if both members agree to it.

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=20262

I hope this helps... Carly : )
Thanks Carly,

Frank
Unread 09-21-2011, 05:55 AM   #8
blondemerlot

Post moved to new thread for better visibility:

http://addictionsurvivors.org/vbulle...ad.php?t=26776
blondemerlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #9
AbbyNormal

I use three forums. Do some research and you'll find others.

This forum is one of my favorites mostly because a lot of the messages here are positive. People post their problems and a lot of good responses come from it. There is also a lot of success here. AA has a saying about sticking with the winners. A lot of winners here so here I stick.

One day I will be off of Suboxone and on the other side of recovery. It's reading the stories here that give me hope.

In my book, the more the merrier.

TomD

AbbyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 11:22 PM   #10
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyNormal View Post
I use three forums. Do some research and you'll find others.

This forum is one of my favorites mostly because a lot of the messages here are positive. People post their problems and a lot of good responses come from it. There is also a lot of success here. AA has a saying about sticking with the winners. A lot of winners here so here I stick.

One day I will be off of Suboxone and on the other side of recovery. It's reading the stories here that give me hope.

In my book, the more the merrier.

TomD
Thanks Tom. I posted that question a long time ago. Frank
Unread 09-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #11
AbbyNormal

Most of the time I do read the date.....maybe some new glasses?

Unread 09-26-2011, 12:25 AM   #12
CarlyO

Like what you posted AbbyNormal. good question Frank, to anyone out there , as always find what works best for you, course I am partial to this site!
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #13
AbbyNormal

It's funny, I see several others here from the other forums I go to and they post the same questions. Maybe hoping for a different, easier, answer?

My screen name is different on all the other forums so unless you recognize my style, no one is the wiser.

I'm just a fan of the old movie "Young Frankenstein". That's where I got the name.

TomD

One User Says Thank You to AbbyNormal For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-11-2012)
Unread 10-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #14
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyNormal View Post
It's funny, I see several others here from the other forums I go to and they post the same questions. Maybe hoping for a different, easier, answer?

My screen name is different on all the other forums so unless you recognize my style, no one is the wiser.

I'm just a fan of the old movie "Young Frankenstein". That's where I got the name.

TomD
Hi Tom, lol on the "Young Frankenstein" thing! Of course I thought it was more about abnormal thinking. Ha! That might just fit me. I can relate to people trying to get a different perspective especially if they are new. I myself have been around this forum long enough to know that most here share very good advice, Carly, Lee, Magie, Saint just to name a few and to swell they're heads. Just kidding! I like reading your posts Tom, and I know you read the dates.

Frank
Unread 10-03-2011, 12:05 AM   #15
Saint

Frank,
Just sitting here 'swelling'.... : )

Keep working at it Frank - you deserve it.

Regards,
Saint
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #16
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Frank,
Just sitting here 'swelling'.... : )

Keep working at it Frank - you deserve it.

Regards,
Saint
I think that makes you a "swell" guy... : ) I know,bad.
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:53 AM   #17
Saint

Bad it may be..... still made me chuckle. Have a good day Frank

Saint
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote