Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 10-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
mslynn

Default Hi. I am brand new :)

Hi everyone, This is my first time here on this site and I feel really good about it.
I am addicted to meth and although my family and friends know that I have had problems with meth in the past, they have no idea of how much I have been using.
Since I am not ready to reveal that information to anyone in my life just yet (not sure if I ever will) I am so thankful that there is a place like this, online, where I can share my secrets and get some of this icky crap out of my head.
Today is my first day clean from meth. I have been dreading this day. I feel o.k. but I think thats because I still have the shit in my system.
I hope I can do this. Thank you so much for this site.
mslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to mslynn For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-10-2011)
Unread 10-03-2010, 02:02 AM   #2
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Hi mslynn,

Welcome and congratulations on your first clean day! This is a wonderful site to find support or just put your icky feelings here. We don't judge and truly want to offer support to help you through.

You're right...you are brand new! Your clean life is just beginning and miracles do happen so I hope you stick around. There is wonderful support here...NancyB and CarlyO are moderators and women who are very resourceful and caring...they've been in our places. Check back for their responses, they are always great!

Glad you found us and hope we can help you through early recovery...tough but do-able and SO WORTH IT! Hang in there, it does get better!

Have an awesome dopeless day,

-DHF
Dopeless Hope Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Dopeless Hope Fiend For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-10-2011)
Unread 10-03-2010, 04:27 AM   #3
mslynn

Thank you..I have this site bookmarked and I have a feeling I will be here a lot. thanks again for your response. I really appreciate it.
Thank You (02-10-2011)
Unread 10-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #4
NancyB
Administrator

Hi mslynn, welcome! Congratulations on getting your life back! Do you have anyone to support you - friends or family?

You absolutely do not have to tell your family/friends any more than you feel comfortable in sharing with them. So, don't let that be a second thought for you or let it cause any stress.

DHF is an amazing woman with such a great story, here's one of her threads:
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=20979

Just proves it can be done and she's kept her addiction in remission for over 7 years now!

How are you doing today?

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
PrincessDi

Welcome mslynn To this wonderful site.. I'm glad you are here... This is the first step and the begining of a brand new life... I have been here since Febuary and all these wonderful people saved my life... Just remember you are not alone on this journey we are right here with you.... Keep coming back to let us know how you are doing.. I hope you have a wonderful day and remember ONE DAY AT A TIME...Take care PrincessDi..
PrincessDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2010, 07:12 PM   #6
mslynn

Default Day 2

Thank you everyone!
What a good feeling to know that people really do care.
Today is day 2 and although I just woke up ( after 16 hours of sleeping) I feel o.k so far. That is one of my questions- should I let myself sleep like that or should I force myself to get up at a normal time and just try to fight the tiredness? I'm worried, I need to be at work tomorrow morning. I hope I wont be too sleepy.
I have one friend who I have confided in. He is a Family practitioner, MD. But- he is not up-to-date with the effects of meth withdrawl. He knows some of the signs (tiredness, hungry, depressed) and he has me taking two types of anti-depressants (Pristiq and Wellbuterin). I dont know if they will help or not, I just started taking them yesterday.
But- I am alive and I have not used meth. And I wont use meth for the next hour. I'm taking this hour by hour, maybe soon I will be able to say day by day....THANK YOU again for all of your support and caring messages!
Thank You (02-10-2011)
Unread 10-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #7
mslynn

Default Day 3

I cant believe I was able to last a full day at work. I thought about calling in sick this morning, but i didnt. Then when I went home for lunch and took a nap, I thought about not going back and just sleeping, but I went back. I almost fell asleep a couple of times at my desk and my mind would not focus, but i made it. Now I am home and so tired Im going to bed. I'm still methless!
Unread 10-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #8
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Hi mslynn,

Sounds like you're off to a great start! Early recovery is no simple task! But I think you've got the right idea...one hour, one day, even one minute at a time.

When I was in treatment, I learned an acronym...HALT. It stands for Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired. These are feelings to pay attention to, and deal with as best as you can when they crop up.

For example, eat when you're hungry. Try not to let yourself get too hungry. If you get angry...feel it, but don't allow it to set you back. Everybody gets angry at some point. If anger is a trigger for you, make a list of ways to combat it without using. If you get to feeling lonely, call a friend who's supportive, post here, go to a meeting if possible, just don't let loneliness set you back.

I've found sometimes being lonely isn't such a bad thing...gives me time to focus on things I need or want to do. Loneliness isn't always a bad thing. But if it feels bad to you, seek out someone who you trust, someone who you enjoy being with.

When you're tired, sleep when you can. I used to eat and sleep on my lunch breaks. It's amazing what just closing my eyes for a few minutes can do! But me, usually I fall asleep for a few hours!

Eventually, this will all get better. I can really promise you that as long as you stay away from the meth, take care of yourself, and keep positive...life will improve. It may be slow-going, but as I've found, even the worst day clean is better than the best day using.

Hope something here helps...

Have an awesome dopeless day,

-DHF
Dopeless Hope Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 06:57 AM   #9
NancyB
Administrator

Hi mslynn, how are you doing? I hope all is going well!

Let us know when you can.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote