Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 01-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
Saint

Default How many psychiatrists does it take?

How many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?

Just one as long as the light bulb is willing to do the work!!!!

Funny but true... it's all about being ready to do the work.

Credit to DR Phil of tv fame...... not that I watch him, just happened to be on while I was running on the treadmill at the gym the other day.

Regards,
Saint
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Saint For This Useful Post:
Thank You (01-19-2012)
Unread 07-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
CarlyO

LOL, just saw this one Saint ! YUP - Ole' Doc Phil is spot on with that, thanks for sharing it.

I saw a post where you are running 13 miles? WOW ! You must have mega endorphins coursing through you! Hope everyone in your family is doing well, you sound great and I am so happy for you!
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
Saint

Carly,

Hey there... : )

Yeah well there's plenty of aches and pains to go along with those endorphins ; ).
Before I started running I'd wake up with aches and wonder where that pain came from. At least now I know!

Flying out to the west coast next weekend for a 1/2 Marathon. I've never spent any time in California so I'm looking forward to this trip!

Wishing the best for you!

Saint
Unread 08-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #4
R. Lee

Good luck on your half marathon Saint!!!!
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #5
Saint

Lee,

Thanks! Just got back very early today. Had a great trip, the 1/2 was fun. Part of the course ran through Angel's stadium. Ran the perimeter of the outfield / infield. Lots of support along the route. Would have PR'd but an unscheduled 2 minute 30 second pit stop in a port-a-potty along the way prevented that!! Some times you just have to let nature run it's course ; ). Training starting for my 1st Marathon in January soon! I've got the running bug!

Saint
2 Users Say Thank You to Saint For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-06-2012), Thank You (09-06-2012)
Unread 09-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
R. Lee

Good luck on the full marathon.
I started running marathons in 1983 at 38 years old. I completed 9 of them my PB was 3:37 & 30 seconds.
I also ran the Bay to Brakers 10 mile run in Frisco. It took Cindy & I 45 minutes to get to the starting line after the race started.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-08-2012)