Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 02-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
benn11

Default New and not sure how this works

Hi,
I have been visiting this site over the past year for questions and advice. I am on suboxone, and a lot of the meetings I go to have talked down on people that take suboxone or methadone. Some meetings even look down on any prescription drug. I live in a college town and am working on going to school, but have found that there are VERY few NA or AA meetings up here. I am at a point in my recovery where I am staying clean and have so since last july, however I feel like im barely hanging on. I have pre-existing mental disorders that were diagnosed before I started using, mainly depression, OCD, and anxiety. Anyways I have been very depressed lately and have gone through so many different anti-depressants, I feel like its hopeless for me. I recognize that I need community and to work the 12 steps, so I thought I would give this a shot. Sorry im not really sure where to go from here or what to say, but im glad there is something where people struggling with this disease can get together. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
benn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #2
Selena15

Hi Benn,
I'm so sorry you having a hard time. Have you thought about trying to find a Therapist? I know it is very discouraging to go to a meeting and for that kind of attitude that some seem to have. In fact,it's the very reason I've stopped going.

After a hard road I was finally able to find a Therapist that has been a blessing for me. If possible try to find one that works in addiction.

Also,I found journaling to be very helpful. Just get a notebook,any kind of notebook and put your thoughts down. It's your own personal feelings and for no one else to share. There is no right or wrong way to do just start writing and it truly does help.

Hang on you've come this far you can do it.

Blessings,
Marie
Selena15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
benn11

Hi Marie,
Thank you so much for replying to my post, it means a lot. I was about to kinda give up on this site. But I have a therapist, or had one. Just with the cost of Suboxone, my other meds, and living expenses I cant afford to see him anymore. I looked into my insurance, but they dont cover anything like that. But I do keep a journal and I need to be better at writing more often, as I know it has helped me a lot in the past. Thanks again for your comment and I hope you are doing good yourself.
Ben
Unread 02-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
stp747

Ben, Have you looked into your local Mental Health Services for help? It's usually through the county, or state. They have a sliding scale, and if you qualify, it can be free. Good luck, Steve
stp747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #5
benn11

I have applied for the patient assistance program through here to help on the suboxone website, and am waiting for a response. but I havent looked into the Mental Health Services. I applied for medicaid but didnt get it because I didnt have a disability. How would I go about the mental health services?
Unread 02-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #6
stp747

Ben, look in a local phone book, or online, under Mental Health. Or, you could call a local hospital and ask them. You could also look up any local psychologist/psychiatrist and ask them. Good luck, Steve
stp747 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to stp747 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-07-2012)