Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 06-15-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
banannahead22

Default Questions

I was wondering what the steps mean exactly and how to apply them to evryday life. I also wanted to know if I had to use the 12 steps to truly get better?
banannahead22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
toms

Good questions! The answers can be a long time coming The twelve steps were developed by the founders and early members of Alcoholics Anonymous; and are employed by a whole range of self-help groups If you are interested in learning more about them you might consider looking at the AA Big Book and 12 & 12 They are available from any AA group and also online

Working one's way through the steps takes considerable time and effort; and entire meetings focus on studying them Being a goals-oriented person; I went at them with the notion that; once completed I would be finished and exist on some higher plane I had to learn that most long-time members never actually "finish"; they simply continue to work at them all A couple steps involve discrete actions; but many choose to re-do them from time to time Learning to incorporate them into one's life is what the whole program is all about!
Thank You (06-16-2010)