Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 03-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
sophie06

Default Day 3

Just wanted to check in with you guys & let you know that I'm on Day #3 with suboxone. I posted on Wayne's thread but wanted to ask, do you think it's possible to accurately cut the 8 mg tablets yourself?

The reason I'm asking is because I think I am taking too much suboxone right now. Last night I forgot to take my bottle with me to Hospice to see my mom. The only thing I felt was *panic* because I am so used to taking a pill before going places and doing physical activities. Like Wayne said, it seems to be "ingrained" in my thinking and I also have to work on this.

Anyway, by the time I got home, though, several hours later, I still didn't feel like I needed any suboxone. This morning, I felt some physical symptoms - mainly sweating - so I broke an 8mg tab into 4 pieces and took one. Right now, I can barely keep my eyes open and I'm a little lightheaded.

If I try to break that 1/4 tab into a smaller piece, though, it just crumbles.

Again, I don't have a current sub doctor - just using my leftover bottle (nearly full) from last year. If I took this to a pharmacist do you think they could cut the tabs for me?

Thank you for your help!! I hope you're all doing well today.

Sophie
sophie06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 04:58 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Sophie, a few people here use a pill cutter that has a 'rubber boot' that holds the pill in place. I've read where some cut them down to 1mg pieces pretty easily.

I'm glad you recognized the panic as a behavior that you need to modify. That is a huge step in itself.

I hope this helps.
Nancy
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 05:10 PM   #3
sophie06

Thank you Nancy! I'm going to try to find that pill cutter.

Yes - changing my way of thinking has been the hardest part, I believe.

I'm trying a few suggestions my counselor gave me and overall they are very helpful. "STOP" thinking is one of them - when I start feeling panicked or feel the anxiety coming on, I (internally) yell "STOP" and focus on a pre-chosen image or memory that comforts me.
sophie06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 06:55 PM   #4
bonemanjernigan

I got my pill cutter at CVS and I know Walgreens has them also. They really work good.
BONE
bonemanjernigan is offline   Reply With Quote