Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 03-15-2006, 04:40 AM   #1
Renee

Default saboxone help needed... newbie

Not that I am knocking methadone, but my boyfriend is getting me saboxone due to my level of mg usage of lortabs perks..ect. (I average 70mg a day sometimes a bitmore) I want to start the sub tomarrow but i need you guys..the experts, as advisors. My boyfriend has not used it. I have read alot on here and got a lot of different answers, but as a newbie I need advice on how to use the sub daily and what to expect. im a lil scared but i have to do it. One day id like to have a baby and i cant being an addict..not only that but before i lost my insurance i was prescribed 3 a day for my messed up feet...then i never got the surgery and just kept taking the pills and buying them off the streets. Please help me quit. I can get the suboxone i just need instructions. thanx Renee
Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2006, 09:37 AM   #2
Phoenix

Hello Renee:
My advice to you would be to see a doctor. I know that may be a pain in the ass answer, but it's for your own good health. However, you must be in mild to moderate withdrawl before you can start suboxone. I'm sure you know what that feels like, sweats, big pupils, chills, irritibility, etc. etc. Usually a doctor will prescribe 2mg each 1-2 hours until the withdrawl subsides. I'm not suggesting you do this without medical attention, but that is how Tony's doctor did it. If you take it without being in withdrawl, as I'm sure you've read here, you will go into "rapid detox." I am not a doctor, I am not even a nurse, I do not recommend this course of action and I'm sure people on this board will agree. Please see a doctor before doing this.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2006, 09:37 AM   #3
Phoenix

Hello Renee:
My advice to you would be to see a doctor. I know that may be a pain in the ass answer, but it's for your own good health. However, you must be in mild to moderate withdrawl before you can start suboxone. I'm sure you know what that feels like, sweats, big pupils, chills, irritibility, etc. etc. Usually a doctor will prescribe 2mg each 1-2 hours until the withdrawl subsides. I'm not suggesting you do this without medical attention, but that is how Tony's doctor did it. If you take it without being in withdrawl, as I'm sure you've read here, you will go into "rapid detox." I am not a doctor, I am not even a nurse, I do not recommend this course of action and I'm sure people on this board will agree. Please see a doctor before doing this.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote