Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 02-06-2009, 12:20 AM   #1
MJN

Default firsttimer

I am struggling mightily with relapses and am at my wits end. How is the best way to use this site? I am looking for a relapse prevention program on the Eastside of Seattle any ideas?? Any help much appreciated.

Last edited by MJN; 02-06-2009 at 12:28 AM..
MJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
ADMIN
Administrator

Welcome MJN, here's a link that gives some pointers on how to use this site:
http://addictionsurvivors.org/vbulle..._threads_posts

Feel free to post your questions/concerns/thoughts and feel free to lend support and knowledge to others.

ADMIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #3
CarlyO

Default Hi MJN

Hi MJN,

Welcome to the forum. Can you tell us a little more - what have you tried so far ? It can be tough to try this on your own, but there is help out there and you are not alone : )
I have posted a link to the treatment /support locators, you just clcik the link, enter your zip code and some options should appear. Maybe you could look into an IOP - Intensive Outpatient Program, 12 step meetings, counseling.... Any or all of those are good choices to have support.

Let us know if this helps and if you have any other questions. Take care, Carly

Treatment locator : Physicians, counselors and treatment facilities..

http://www.alcoholanswers.org/local/

Below is a list of the various support groups that are available and how to find one near you. There is now much more than traditional AA, there are many types of support groups out there.

http://www.alcoholanswers.org/resour...port-links.cfm
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #4
dave53190

Hi MJN

Greetings! If you are an alcoholic (only you can decide that) than I believe I can help you. You see, an alcoholic by definition has lost the ability to NOT DRINK. And if you have lost that ability to NOT DRINK then you will continue to relapse. Make sense?

I lost the ability to NOT DRINK some time ago. I went to Alcoholics Anonymous thinking that eventually, with AA's help, I would learn to enjoy and control my drinking. Wrong! What I learned was that there was a power greater than myself (that I call God) that would remove the obsession to drink from me.

I haven't relapsed for a long time now, thanks to AA. Believe me, I'm not a religious man, nor am I a "bible thumper". AA is none of those things either. AA was not always easy for someone like me, but it has been the simplest thing I've ever done!

The absolute best relapse prevention program in the eastside of Seattle is Alcoholics Anonymous. God bless you.
dave53190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #5
JanWSOS

Hello MJN and everyone, I'm new to this site but not recovery. I like dave53190's post. AA is the way out for many alcoholics. Willingness and openmindedness are key. If you are willing to go to meetings and are open to seeking help from a spiritual source of strength (Higher Power), then try not drinking one day at a time, pray for strength to not drink, and go to meetings. Simple, but powerful. Jan W.
JanWSOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 05:57 PM   #6
CarlyO

Hi JanSOS
Welcome to the forum,

How are things going ? We would like to hear more from you if you feel like sharing. Hope all is well, take care, Carly
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 08:37 PM   #7
CASEY

Hi MJN,
Welcome to this site. It is a great place just to write and ask some question's or just " VENT "! Everyone here has been affected one way or the other. We all listen and give you are advice and you can do what you wish with it.
Sometime's just talking to stranger's is nice, seeing we all don't know each other and we are from different part's of the Country. So we never judge, unlike if you involve family member's , they can't help it, they just bring it up time & time again.
Here we just listen and try to help if we can.
As they say in one my favorite show's ; " WE NEVER CLOSE ", we are on different time's, meaning eastern, pacific and mountain and you never know were the person is from.
I wish you Luck and hope to hear from you!
Casey
CASEY is offline   Reply With Quote