Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 12-30-2008, 10:12 AM   #1
Eliza

Default Welcome Eliza, looking to stop drinking

Today I want to stop. I drank from the time I was nine and stole Sherry wine from the dining room. I like the warm soothing that alcohol brings when it goes down. I am increasingly making a fool of myself and that doesn't go with my always having it together. How do you get by the beginning?

Eliza

Last edited by Eliza; 12-30-2008 at 10:17 AM..
Eliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2008, 05:10 PM   #2
Eliza

Yes I am looking to stop drinking

Eliza
Unread 12-30-2008, 05:45 PM   #3
JaneDoe

Eliza, have you gone to AA or talked to a doctor or counselor about stopping?

How much do you drink. You have to be careful if you drink a lot. You can have alcohol withdrawals and some people need doctors to help them through those.

http://www.alcoholanswers.org/alcoho...withdrawal.cfm

JaneDoe
JaneDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #4
Eliza

Have not gone to AA or talked to a doctor. I appreciate the web site. Good unvarnished info. Am working with 1 sleeping pill. Cannot stand the agitation without it.

Many thanks

Eliza
Unread 12-30-2008, 07:48 PM   #5
SLynn

Eliza

We'd like to hear more of your history and what led you to this decision. It's a big one and a step in the right direction.

Alcohol withdrawal can be dangerous and most times requires medical intervention....not only for your safety but for the longevity of the decision, too.

Did you read the link that JaneDoe provided?

Welcome to the site and hope you stick to your decision.

SLynn
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
SLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #6
CarlyO

HI Eliza -

Wanted to see how you are doing, we are here if you need us . Happy New Year , take care, Carly
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote