Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 03-04-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
mimi55

Default my last oc, (hopefully)

good morning all, well at 7 15 this morning i did the rest of the oc s im ever planning to do!!!now the wait....my drs. appt. is at 11 am tomorrow. i know that by 3 or 4 oclock im gonna start feeling pretty lousy and tonites gonna really suck but for some reason(because i know tomorrow it will be over) im okay with it. i know that my "crazy legs" will keep me up most of the night and by morning i will just be a puddle of s__t,but if its gonna be the last time i ll be in wd i almost hope its a m_____f___er so i keep my eye on the prize!! does anyone know if i can use otc sleep meds tonite? my docs web site just says nothing for 24 hrs. if anyone has any suggestions i will certainly be grateful!! mimi
mimi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:27 PM   #2
Mike

Ya know what helps...pretend you are doing a science experiment, and keep track of the time and your symptoms. Make a project out of it and document exactly how you feel as the withdrawal approaches. That might be useful to read at a later time in your recovery too. Knowing its the last time you have to feel this way makes it easier too. You can do it!!
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2008, 12:33 PM   #3
OhioMike

Mike is correct. W/D would hit me after not dosing for 6 hours when I lived in active addiction. But, I found it much easier to go 16 hours before Sub because I was excited and looking forward to getting better and getting out of the chasing the drug deal. Good suggestion about keeping records, keep doing that while early in recovery as well. they will help you and your doctor!

Hang in there, you can do it and it is worth it!

OMike
OhioMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #4
NancyB
Administrator

Hi mimi, You're almost there!

Here's a thread with WD symptom help, maybe there's something there might help?
http://www.naabt.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3268

Nancy
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #5
hydra

Welcome Mimi. You can do this. You are almost there. You sound like you have a strong will to do this! I have read that benadryl really helps some people sleep. I tried it and it worked for me. Also, I would take melatonin when I was quitting cold turkey. If you have some or have someone to go to the store for you that might help. I don't see that there would be a problem taking over the counter sleep aids. I can't take them because they have the reverse effect on me. They make me very hyper. You have some new found friends here. Mike gave a great suggestion about journaling everything. When you are feeling miserable think about all the people on this site who have made it through the induction and our living much better lives because of it. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep me posted. Take care, Heidi
hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2008, 08:16 PM   #6
mimi55

+thanks everyone, i appreciate all your advice. im so glad i found this site!! it made me smile when i saw what mike said about turning my wd into a science project. by morning im gonna look like a project gone horribly wrong!! unfortunately i could make a chart of wd symptoms almost down to the hour cuz i ve been thru it so many times!!! again, thankyou you so much, ive got a real good feeling about this. i ll be in touch soon... mimi
Unread 03-04-2008, 11:35 PM   #7
okie

hang in there mimi and stay as busy as possible to help make the time go by..

you're almost there..
some benadryl might help you sleep tonite and is sure worth a shot.
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 02:28 AM   #8
the mad moos

You sound just like I did! I promise you this, once the doc gives you that pill, you will be feeling like a feeling you forgot..naturally good. I totally forgot how that felt, really, I sure you have too. I was so used to taking pills all day every day..that became normal...now feeling normal like alot of people in america..is normal. You gonna feel like crap..but just know..this is the end..IT CAN'T BE THE 4TH OF JULY EVERY DAY!
guess what..if you always do what you always done...your gonna always get what you always got!
It won't last for ever mimi..by the time your reading this..your gonna feel good, naturally..im telling ya..sub is a wonder drug! you can always take some tynol pm to get to sleep too. that is what i used to do.

hang in there grilie!!
the mad moos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 02:30 AM   #9
sharestoys

Congrats ! I went on Sub last Wednesday, its great and its gonna work for you too. My Dr. made me suffer with 30hrs of withdrawal, Im glad you found us too !

Tell us about yourself, what got you here? whats OC's?? how much were you taking ?
sharestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 07:15 PM   #10
mimi55

Hi everyone, well, i got back from the docs about 2 hrs ago. i stopped on the way home and filed my script. the pharmisist was concerned because i had filled a script just three days earlier (for some vics) i told her that the reason i had the SUB WAS BECAUSE i didnt have any of the vics left. im not so sure she knew what i meant by that. she just told me id get violently ill if i took the vics with the sub. so...anyway ..um.. i took my first sub about 2 hours ago and i feel great. i had a headache at first and my stomach was a little queasy but thats all gone now. i just feel kinda normal(whatever that is) i mean im not high and im not sick. its just what i was lookin for.SHARESTOYS asked me what ocs were, thats oxycontin. ive beentaking around 160 mgs, give or take some, and anything else i could get my hands on. you asked what got me here, if by here you mean this site, i was just lookin around for info on sub. ( and forever grateful for it). if you mean how i got to this point in my life, its a very long familiar story. i started to use pain meds about 16 years ago and didnt stopm not to long into it i coulsnt stop. i quit drinking because it seemed to be a buzz kill and devoted my time to opiates. it was very easy back then. i have a bad back and back then it didnt have the popularity it does now.(know what i mean?) so i could doc shop and use different pharms. and as the story goes i lost jobs,friends , our house and so on...but im glad im where i am TODAY and im glad for all the encouragement ive gotten from you all.
Unread 03-06-2008, 02:53 AM   #11
isabella07

Hi MiMI- Congrats for making it this far - I hope you have a smooth induction, please take care of yourself and know that you have support here if you need it. Take care : ) Isa
isabella07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2008, 11:24 AM   #12
NancyB
Administrator

Hi mimi55, Congratulations on a new addiction-free life!
I'm glad everything went well and let us know how you're doing when you can.
Nancy
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote