Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 03-08-2015, 12:11 PM   #1
er2015

Default Need confirmation

I been with my boyfriend for over 6yrs and a half. I been doing alot of research about cocaine addicts because i believe he's on something. Im not the same ever since i noticed changes in him. i confronted him many times about my suspicions and he denies it. I read some else's post and learned that i can get a piece of his hair and have it tested. I clicked on the link and it directs me to cvs.com. I contacted cvs and they have no information about this. Im trying my best to be as patients as i can be but i need to know the truth. Also, him denying a drug test is a very big red flag. Only with denying it, should i automatically believe he's on drugs? Help someone
er2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2015, 05:30 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi er2015, welcome, it could be that that CVS didn't carry it in store? In any event, here's one on the walmart site, you could call and see if they have it in store.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hairconfir...t-Kit/29199394
It's pricey, but it might be worth it.

In my opinion, if he is unwilling to take a drug test, then that is a definite red flag. If he had nothing to hide, then he'd probably be more than happy to prove it.

You could probably get dipstick tests for urine at either CVS or Walmart without having to order it, show it to him and ask him right there to prove you wrong. If he won't or says he'll take it later, is again, a red flag.

Let us know what happens.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-27-2015), Thank You (03-11-2015)
Unread 03-11-2015, 01:32 PM   #3
er2015

Thanks Nancy. Do you know if the hair being tested has to be from the root? I picked up his hair from the washroom floor that he recently cut off since he shaved his hair off
Unread 03-11-2015, 01:54 PM   #4
er2015

Thanks Nancy. Do you know if the hair being tested has to be from the root? I picked up his hair from the washroom floor that he recently cut off since he shaved his hair off
Unread 03-13-2015, 08:04 AM   #5
NancyB
Administrator

Hi er2015, here's a link I found that has a bunch of information on that test:

http://www.craigmedical.com/Hair_Drug-Test_FAQ.htm

Hopefully that will help.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (04-27-2015), Thank You (03-13-2015)
Unread 03-21-2015, 08:35 AM   #6
Perkinstein

hi nancyb thanks for sharing this http://www.craigmedical.com/Hair_Drug-Test_FAQ.html
Perkinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Perkinstein For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-22-2015)