Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 03-07-2015, 02:48 PM   #1
Karleigh

Default I'm new here

I am engaged to a meth addict who was clean when we met and fell in love. He relapsed in November, 2014. I told him I'd stand by his as long as he was working his program and trying to stay clean. He relapsed several times, each time saying he'd go into rehab then backing out. February 12, 2015 he was high again and I told him I couldn't be with him while he was high. He was upset when he left the house. He drove several miles from home to a state park on the ocean. His truck was ticketed the next day for being illegally parked. When I didn't hear from him I filed a missing persons report. His cell phone records showed a 911 call from the day he left here and I was also told about the truck being impounded. Searches have been done but he has not been found. Law enforcement now says he likely drowned. I am devastated. I know I did the right thing but that doesn't lessen the heartbreak of losing him so completely and not knowing what happened to him. I guess I'm reaching out for support as I am really all alone in this. Please, someone reach back.
Karleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2015, 05:28 PM   #2
Nicole0909

Keep your head up and stay strong and pray
Nicole0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2015, 04:23 AM   #3
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Karleigh, I'm sorry for your loss. It must be very hard to process, especially not knowing what happened.

You did do the right thing, so I hope you don't feel guilty at all. Have you thought about looking for counseling to help you get through this? Maybe a grief group - you can check with a local hospital to see if they have any recommendations.

Most of all, you have to take care of you. Let us know how you're doing.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2015, 07:14 PM   #4
lostdog

Karleigh, I am looking at different posts and seeing how I can help ease the burden of someone else. You are carrying a lot of guilt, but things happen and you cannot think it is your fault. let us know how you are and I wish you only the best.
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote