Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 02-24-2006, 12:17 PM   #1
SlaveToTheNeedle

Default Suboxone Is Truly A Miracle for me!!

I can't believe how this drug allowed me to kick such a strong Oxycontin habit in such a short time. The only options in the past were inpatient treatment where you are locked up in a detox ward at a hospital and go thru a nightmare detoxification process. To be able to treat a severe drug habit on an outpatient basis is revolutionary. I am going on day 2 of being oxy free and I don't feel that bad, not good enough to work but not craving even the Sub. Thats the weird thing about this stuff, I am not "looking at the clock" for my next dose like I always did in detox. Normally all I do is focus on "The Bottle" until its "medication time" This is not the case with Suboxone. Strange Drug Indeed!!!
Unread 02-24-2006, 01:43 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Congratulations SlavetotheNeedle, I'm so glad it's working for you!
NancyB
Unread 02-24-2006, 02:31 PM   #3
dodo

Slave,
Congrats! Glad to hear you gave it a chance and are doing well, it only gets better from here.
Doris
Unread 02-24-2006, 03:28 PM   #4
boxermama

Slave,
it gets even better while on suboxone! i'm glad that it's working for you.
dawn
Unread 02-24-2006, 06:43 PM   #5
BadHabits

John,
It has been a pleasure speaking with you over the last couple of days. I KNOW you have and will continue to feel better.... Just look at the first day when you were driving to work!!!!!! I know you are not at 100% or even 60% right now, but at least you are able to get online and speak to these great people that share our horrible addictions. Getting to the supermarket was fantastic also, although you were " worn out ", YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE WORST ALREADY JOHN, IT GETS BETTER EVERY HOUR OF THE DAY!!! You just need to give this medication a chance.... you don't want to get back on that road you were on....... we all know where that road leads to.... it's commonly called Unemployed Ave, Divorce Cir, Friendless ST, etc... Keep up the good work and positive attitude....you know my number and e-mail!!!!
Neil
Unread 02-25-2006, 11:37 AM   #6
SlaveToTheNeedle

To put things in perspective the last time I detoxed it was inpatient for over thirty days and I STILL was going thru withdrals. It took another 5 days in the hospital. Even after being released I remember these morons at the rehab putting me in "leathercrafts" making wallets, as if they were providing me with a job skill!! My hands shook so badly I couldn't even put together a single wallet!!
Sorry to say my venture into the business of wallet manufacturing was a total failure. THIRTY FIVE DAYS and my hands still shook VERY BADLY!!. I am out going to garage sales on my third day of Suboxone!!
Unread 02-25-2006, 11:59 AM   #7
Jaywalker

Hey Slave:

Been following you here...You are right that it is a miracle.

I really enjoy watching the progression of everyone. It is so great to see everyone reclaiming their lives...

Be well my friend..hang in there and keep us posted.

Jay
Unread 02-25-2006, 01:35 PM   #8
spanky

Slave You're another great testiment to how wonderful this drug is.So many more like us still suffer and many are hurt by the 30 patient limit.Hopefully with more stories like yours our goverment will pull it's head out of it's arse.........Spanky
Unread 02-25-2006, 06:30 PM   #9
dodo

Slave wait til you see all the stuff you start to do again. The littlest things start to mean alot again! Great to hear you doing so well!
Doris
Unread 02-25-2006, 06:55 PM   #10
SlaveToTheNeedle

Thank You Sweetheart!!
Unread 02-26-2006, 01:44 PM   #11
dodo

Hey Slave, Your Welcome, by the way, Flattery will get you everywhere!!LOL
Doris
Unread 02-26-2006, 02:16 PM   #12
OhioMike

Slave, congratulations and welcome to the land of the free. You now have the ability to get your life back. Enjoy it and take full advantage of it.

I have been clean for 12 days. Yesterday I drove for 3 hours to help a friend move. In the past two years, I wouldn't have done enough to help an old lady across a street!

Best of luck to you.