Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 02-21-2006, 05:43 AM   #1
OhioMike

Default I'm Back & Feeling Great!

I'm Back & Feeling Great!

As many of you know, this past Thursday evening was my induction time! Also, I was admitted for inpatient induction. At 4:55 PM I was more than 20 hours into withdraw and feeling pretty terrible. Normally I use to feel bad after 8 hours, so, I made sure I was more than on my way for induction. My induction was done with a 2 mg dose, not a 4 mg. After the first 2 mg dose, I felt much, much better. After the 2nd one, an hour later, I felt Great and after the 3rd, four hours later, I felt as though I had never taken a vicodin. It has been all sunny since then. I could not be more pleased. I have had two craving episodes and neither was physical, it was more my mind reminding me, hey, when you "use" to sit and do this, you always went for a few vicodin first! They lasted about 5 seconds, just a passing thought and that's it. In fact, I feel and have felt so damn good, I'm almost scared to speak about it. Since I am going through a full program, there is more to share, but, it's late.

I want to thank everyone on this site for all of their support and good wishes. Your willingness to help aided me greatly in taking this step. Last Thursday I set out to take my life back, well I got it back and I have already begun to enjoy it.
Unread 02-21-2006, 11:03 AM   #2
Lisa

Glad to hear from you!!!!! You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Welcome to your new life. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Lisa
Unread 02-21-2006, 11:03 AM   #3
Lisa

Glad to hear from you!!!!! You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Welcome to your new life. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Lisa
Unread 02-21-2006, 11:09 AM   #4
NancyB
Administrator

OhioMike, I'm so glad it went well for you!
Welcome back, and welcome to the start of a new and better way of life!
Congratulations!
NancyB
Unread 02-21-2006, 11:09 AM   #5
NancyB
Administrator

OhioMike, I'm so glad it went well for you!
Welcome back, and welcome to the start of a new and better way of life!
Congratulations!
NancyB
Unread 02-21-2006, 12:18 PM   #6
Mike

congrates mike! Keep us informed. What is your dose now?
Mike
Unread 02-21-2006, 12:18 PM   #7
Mike

congrates mike! Keep us informed. What is your dose now?
Mike
Unread 02-21-2006, 12:27 PM   #8
dodo

OhioMike,
It just keeps getting better. Congrats!
Doris
Unread 02-21-2006, 12:27 PM   #9
dodo

OhioMike,
It just keeps getting better. Congrats!
Doris
Unread 02-21-2006, 03:25 PM   #10
Jaywalker

Hey Mike!

I'm glad you are back and out on the "other side."

I have been thinking about you and wondering how you've been doing. Drop me a line or give me a call when you get the chance.

Once again, welcome back and congrats man...

Be well my friend..

Jay
Unread 02-21-2006, 03:25 PM   #11
Jaywalker

Hey Mike!

I'm glad you are back and out on the "other side."

I have been thinking about you and wondering how you've been doing. Drop me a line or give me a call when you get the chance.

Once again, welcome back and congrats man...

Be well my friend..

Jay
Unread 02-21-2006, 03:39 PM   #12
JRT

Congratulation to you and your family-Oh happy day!!!!

Lizzie
Unread 02-21-2006, 03:39 PM   #13
JRT

Congratulation to you and your family-Oh happy day!!!!

Lizzie
Unread 02-21-2006, 05:10 PM   #14
gwen

and hip-hip-hooray to you also OhioMike! peace -gwen
Unread 02-21-2006, 05:10 PM   #15
gwen

and hip-hip-hooray to you also OhioMike! peace -gwen
Unread 02-21-2006, 05:29 PM   #16
SavedBySub

That's great Mike. I was just thinking about you and wondering how it went. I'm glad things are going so well!!
Unread 02-21-2006, 05:29 PM   #17
SavedBySub

That's great Mike. I was just thinking about you and wondering how it went. I'm glad things are going so well!!
Unread 02-22-2006, 03:59 AM   #18
OhioMike

Thank all of you for your good wishes! My wife also thanks you, as she understands what role this forum played in helping me take the steps I needed, to the path of my resurrection.

In the coming week I will write out my entire experience. Right now I am busy getting to do things I did not feel like doing before. Now I do not spend the beginning of my day and the end of my day, trying to figure out if I will have enough pills for the next day or the week. As I look at that ritual now and consider the type of person I have always been, I find it sickening that I would even waste a moment, let alone hours on such a task. It's nice to realize that the old me, never really left, it was just being shadowed out for a while.

My experience has also made it possible for me to reveal to myself some drug issues that others have. People I hope I can help, as I move down the road of helping myself. I will be asking all of you advice on that, as I get to those challenges.

My current dose is 16 mg per day. I take 8 mg at 8:00 AM and 8 mg at 8:00 PM. This seems to be working fine. I have found that for my evening dose I could go another two or three hours if I needed to, with absolutely no cravings at all. However, I will not discuss any change in treatment until a month from now when I see my Doc. During induction, when taking 2 mg. I had the same experience. When I was told I could have a dose every 4 hours as needed, I actually went 9 hours between dose's. I felt great at that time and the prospect of possibly not needing a 16 mg dose thrills me. However, for now, I'm not gonna change a thing! I am immensely enjoying this.

Soon we will have two new members to our forum. I met them during treatment and they have my email address. One of them posted here once several months ago, but, mostly spent her time reading. I shared posts with them, which I had printed and took with me into treatment, along with much information copied from this site. One was a heroin user and the other one used meth. The gal who was using meth, was having a much harder time with the induction process and the Doc ordered what was called "breakthrough"

Finally, I want to thank my wife publicly. She is an incredible woman and she has never offered me anything less than unlimited love and support, even when I had to confess some not so pleasant things! I am a very, very fortunate man, to have been blessed with a friend and love such as her. Even though I know some of this has been hard for her, finding out some of the secrets. Even through her pain and frustration, her response was to wrap her arms around me, love me and stand by me, each step of the way. She now has the man she married back, only with some added pounds and I am already working on that!

Everyone have a Peacefull Night and Wonderful Morning!
Unread 02-22-2006, 08:59 AM   #19
dodo

OhioMike,
I commend you for acknowledging the role your wife is playing in this. Best of luck to you both during the better days ahead!
Doris
Unread 02-22-2006, 09:14 AM   #20
Robyn

Mike,
I can't tell you how heart-warming it is to see someone else get their life back. I also read into your words that your recovery is far more than just taking a pill, and that my friend, it the golden ring.
Dixie
Unread 02-22-2006, 07:48 PM   #21
Lisa

Mike,
Keep up the good work. It's wonderful you have such a supportive life partner. She sounds like a very special lady and will be glad to welcome her new/old husband back.

Keep us posted,
Lisa

p.s. start planning that long deserved second honeymoon
Unread 02-22-2006, 08:40 PM   #22
Mary

I'm still looking for a happy song for you OhioMike! But in the meantime, all my best to you and your wonderfully supportive wife! -Mary
Unread 02-23-2006, 12:46 AM   #23
boxermama

Mike,
i too was thinking about you and i knew that you'd do great b/c of your attitude. your support system sounds amazing. i'm so proud of you for making that huge leap of faith to get your life back! and i really like Dixie's qoute "your recovery is far more than just taking a pill, and that my friend, it the golden ring."
dawn
Unread 02-23-2006, 12:56 AM   #24
Mary

OK OhioMike, here's your song. Apropos for the winter also! -Mary
Everyone sing along!

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right
Little darlin' it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darlin' it feels like years since it's been here
And I say it's all right
Little darlin' the smiles returning to their faces
Little darlin' it seems like years since it's been here
And I say it's all right
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Little darlin' I feel the ice is slowly meltin'
Little darlin' it seems like years since it's been clear
Here come the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right
Here come the sun, here comes the sun
It's all right, it's all right
-George Harrison
Unread 02-23-2006, 01:01 AM   #25
boxermama

i'm singing with mary to you right now!
Unread 02-23-2006, 06:08 AM   #26
OhioMike

Well now ............... I have a new favorite song!

........& I am a Harrison fan! Thank You!

Thanks to all of you for helping me celebrate this fantastic time. I knew what to expect from doing this treatment and even though my wife understood the process and what the end results were expected to be, she seems a bit overwhelmed that I can just pickup my life and go on as if I had never taken a vicodin. Now don't take me wrong, she is not complaining, as she is getting attention, which has eluded her for a couple of years.

I really hope to take this experience and use it to help others.

Case #1: My oldest brother-in-law began bumming vicodin from me some four months ago. He was having a hard time finding a doctor and the doctors were having a hard time deciding how to treat his back issues. ................ or so I thought. After my wife and I sat down and had a conversation about this, we reminded ourselves that he actually bummed the first vicodin some 5 years ago and has repeated this, with it only becoming often and noticeable recently. Yet from speaking to other people, it seems he has been taking them for a long time. He phoned the other day, even after my wife told him that I was seeking treatment and that we would not have anymore, to see what we did with the supply I had left. Some 120 pills or so. When she told him that I put them down the drain after returning home, his demeanor turned very agitated with her. My wife then asked him, do you understand the effect these pills are having on you? He said yes and don't preach to me, I'm fine. As I told my wife, he clearly is not to the point to accept help, but, my father-in-law wants me to speak to him or he is going to. Should I put my foot in it or wait until he asks for help?