Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 02-08-2017, 01:27 PM   #1
Alexis

Default Nancy

Just wanted to have a nice new place where we can all look out for Nancy, like Nancy looks out for us.

Nancy, you are incredible. I look up to you so much. Thank you for looking after me so many times.

I just want you to know we appreciate you.

x
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-08-2017), Thank You (02-10-2017)
Unread 02-08-2017, 01:37 PM   #2
Millie

I second that emotion!
Millie is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-08-2017)
Unread 02-08-2017, 04:18 PM   #3
NancyB
Administrator

Awww, thank you so much! But I just do what everyone else here does - support each other. But thank you, that was so sweet.

Thank you too Millie!

Blushing Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-08-2017)
Unread 02-08-2017, 05:39 PM   #4
Alexis

And now we have a place to support you

xxx
2 Users Say Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Unread 02-08-2017, 06:59 PM   #5
lostdog

Nancy is the BEST!
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Unread 02-10-2017, 04:30 PM   #6
Alexis

Hows your day going Nancy? x
One User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-10-2017)
Unread 02-10-2017, 05:50 PM   #7
Tryntryagain

Good evening my dear Big Sis. Bright blessings to you.

Building something, creating something out of you, to find the strength and the courage to pass on the gift you have shown us we can all share. To have created a space of reconciliation with both ourselves and our experiences. To be at the helm of keeping us safe and opening up choices and pathways for us all, who ever we may be, from whatever walk of life, from what ever corner of this beautiful world we like to say we belong to.....so you have given each and everyone of us the chance to be ourselves.

You have created a network of very special love and understanding, without which i would not be alive. Yes i owe all my brothers and sisters in this family my life, yet surely, surely, my gratitude has to ultimately lay at the door of the creator.

My Big Sis.....there were so many nights i slept outside, very young, staring up at the stars ........ and they spun, and spun. Round and round again. I saw the garden of Eden in my dreams as i looked...barely legal......totally ****ed off my face on my own deep in the depths of nature, at the spinning stars.

No one to the left of me, no one to the right.

Your arms reached as far as my dear ole Blighty. When they reached me and i was introduced to strength, trust and honesty....... Now......those stars really do spin. They do because that is what i see, they do, because i now see them with a clear, kind and compassionate being i now call myself.

You enabled that.

From your actions, i now have mentors, friends, and the very special...the totally unique...... that are a part of my daily life. You have created something i for one, can not do without.

I think i am talking for all my brothers and sisters, all your brothers and sisters when i say, thank you. Thank you for giving me the space, the opportunity to find the love and guidance i was always looking for.

Thank you for saving this human bods life.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you dearest Nancy
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Tryntryagain For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-10-2017)
Unread 02-10-2017, 06:57 PM   #8
NancyB
Administrator

Ah, my Little Brother, you saved yourself. You looked for help and ended up here. This family is something really special.

I'm just thrilled that it's become what it is. And it's because of each and every one of you here.

Thank you all!!!

Big Sis
Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 02-23-2017, 09:12 AM   #9
lostdog

thanks Nancy B. for your wonderful support, you are a treasure and such a joy in my life. Thank you and I hope you are having a nice day, one to enjoy for yourself.
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-23-2017)
Unread 02-23-2017, 08:08 PM   #10
NancyB
Administrator

Oh, thank you so much LD. I feel the same about you! I love reading your posts and the advice and love you give to others!

(((hugs)))

Nancy
Unread 02-25-2017, 10:22 PM   #11
lostdog

your welcome, hugs back to you!
Thank You (02-25-2017)
Unread 03-01-2017, 08:06 AM   #12
Alexis

How are you Nancy? Love you very much xx
Unread 03-01-2017, 07:42 PM   #13
NancyB
Administrator

Thanks for asking Alexis! Doing well. Wishing it were spring instead of the faux-spring we've been having. But, nothing I can do about that!

Big huggles!!

Nancy
Unread 03-01-2017, 09:15 PM   #14
lostdog

HI Nancy,
the spring was here and then it got a little cooler, but still sunny. I hope it gets to be spring soon, those pretty bulbs are coming out and the little wild daisy's are appearing.....
Thank You (03-01-2017)
Unread 03-03-2017, 12:41 PM   #15
Alexis

Yes i also wish it were spring, well it is but i wish it was warmer! Raining all day today, the cats arent happy and neither am i!

Hope today has been wonderful for you xx
Unread 03-03-2017, 07:28 PM   #16
NancyB
Administrator

It went from 60F the other day to 33F right now. It feels so much colder after that taste of spring we got. I guess I just have to be patient...

LD, oh that sounds pretty! Unfortunately, there's crocuses (croci? hahaha) that have bloomed and am I'm getting leaf buds on my montauk daisies. I just hope they don't freeze off over night.

Again, I'm so proud of you Alexis!!

Huggles again,

Nancy
Unread 03-04-2017, 11:46 PM   #17
lostdog

Hi Nancy,yes, there is always a little freeze when you least expect it. those little flowers are pretty tough. The pecan tree is the last tree to bud here and then we kind of know it will be hot soon..... lots of hugs to you
Thank You (03-05-2017)
Unread 03-06-2017, 01:11 PM   #18
Alexis

my flowers are starting to come out and was warmer today. Although gets cold very quickly still brrrrrr

x
Thank You (03-06-2017)
Unread 03-10-2017, 09:25 PM   #19
lostdog

the bluebonnets have arrived and they are so pretty!
Thank You (03-10-2017)
Unread 03-10-2017, 09:26 PM   #20
NancyB
Administrator

Oh, I bet they are! I've seen pictures before. One day I'd love to see fields of them!

Enjoy!
Unread 03-11-2017, 10:24 AM   #21
lostdog

today it's raining and tennis is cancelled again, boo... but that means the wildflowers will be gorgeous! my bottlebrush trees took a hit with the one huge freeze and I have to cut them. I plan to plant sage and lantana soon, I go to the reject plants and see what they have. It helps them out too, right? Have a nice day and enjoy the new signs of spring Nancy..
Unread 03-11-2017, 07:59 PM   #22
NancyB
Administrator

Sorry tennis got cancelled lostdog, is it going to rain tomorrow too? So much for any sign of spring here. Today it was around 20 and we may get over a foot of snow on Tuesday. So many trees have buds on them; I hope they make it past the cold and snow.

I do the same thing at the garden centers! Find the rejects bring them home. I think it's better to give them a chance than someone tossing them out.

Hope you had a good day!

(((hugs)))

Nancy
Unread 03-11-2017, 11:27 PM   #23
lostdog

oh thanks Nancy! The rain was all day, but I went to a baseball game, yes they played in the rain. Tomorrow I'm doing a virio volunteer event, I haven't done before. I'll let you know, sorry it's so cold still. take care sweet Nancy.
Unread 03-12-2017, 12:04 PM   #24
Alexis

Hey Nancy, hows your weekend been? Done anything special? xx
Unread 03-12-2017, 05:23 PM   #25
NancyB
Administrator

Hi lostdog and Alexis, LD, how was the event? Hope it went well, I'd be interested to know what it's about. Hopefully the rain let up.

Alexis, my weekend was ok, thanks for asking. Had to work and then did my regular raptor feeding at the nature center. I hope you had a nice visit with your sister!

Hugs to you both!

Nancy
Unread 03-16-2017, 10:22 AM   #26
lostdog

Hi Nancy, there was no one at the virio event, so I left and took pics at a scenic view area and had to do shopping. A raptor event sounds interesting!
Thank You (03-16-2017)
Unread 03-19-2017, 10:56 AM   #27
Alexis

Hi Nancy i hope you are well? xx
Unread 03-19-2017, 01:31 PM   #28
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Alexis, doing well, thanks for asking!
Thank You (03-19-2017)
Unread 03-21-2017, 08:13 PM   #29
lostdog

I'm glad you are doing well Nancy! There are yellow wildflowers and grape wildflowers popping out now. They are pretty and give us the wonderful views. Do you know it is 88 here today and 90 on Sunday. It kinda skips spring, but we get the flowers, it's still cool and nice in the morning, so that is good, too.
Thank You (03-22-2017)
Unread 04-06-2017, 08:46 AM   #30
Alexis

Hope you are well Nancy, miss chatting xx
Thank You (04-06-2017)
Unread 04-08-2017, 01:56 PM   #31
lostdog

Hi Nancy, I hope you are ok and having a long vacation and time in the wildflowers. miss ya!
Thank You (04-08-2017)
Unread 04-08-2017, 03:45 PM   #32
NancyB
Administrator

Hi LD, oh I wish I were on vacation in a wildflower field! Oh well, maybe some day. I'm around, just working a lot. I hope you can go into a wildflower field this weekend.

Thank you and thank you Alexis for thinking of me.

Hugs!

Nancy
Thank You (04-08-2017)
Unread 04-08-2017, 08:38 PM   #33
lostdog

I can see lots of wildflowers in my pastures, 4 varieties now. I hope to see more soon. It has been nice weather, when it's nice I always say this is like California weather. I am going there in early May for my son's thesis defense. My youngest son, put us up at a 5 star hotel with his points for a substantial discount. It will be nice and I am grateful to go and relax and see the area too. I'm hoping you are not working real hard, just take it slow and then rest, hugs....., I'm not the best on the hugging part.
Thank You (04-08-2017)
Unread 04-28-2017, 01:16 PM   #34
Alexis

Not seen you around much Nancy, everything ok? xx
Unread 04-28-2017, 04:01 PM   #35
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Alexis, all's well. I'm around, busy with my jobs. Oftentimes someone says what I would have, so no need to repeat.

Huggles,

Nancy
Thank You (04-28-2017)
Unread 04-28-2017, 07:23 PM   #36
Alexis

Love you xx
Thank You (04-28-2017)
Unread 04-28-2017, 11:17 PM   #37
lostdog

but your writing is so valued Nancy... Hope you are not working too hard, the weekend is near and the flowers are still out, so take in a moment for yourself and take care...
Thank You (04-29-2017)
Unread 05-14-2017, 07:07 PM   #38
lostdog

Have a nice day and bask in the relaxation of a Mother's day Sunday, hugs with lots of peace sent to you.
Unread 05-14-2017, 10:06 PM   #39
NancyB
Administrator

Thanks LD. I'm glad you had a nice lovely breakfast with your million dollar baby and got to talk with your other son. Happy Mother's Day to you!

(((Hugs)))

Nancy
Unread 05-16-2017, 09:06 PM   #40
lostdog

Oh thanks Nancy, it was a quick visit, but nonetheless cherished. I hope you are having a nice week and the spring flowers are still around some....
Thank You (05-16-2017)