Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 01-03-2010, 01:53 PM   #1

Default Happy 2010!

Hello my on-line support group friends!

I wanted to say thank you for all of your support over the years, and to wish you all a very happy 2010! I can't believe how much my life has changed from last year at this time to this year. I am so grateful for your support and listening to me as well as your feedback.

My son and I are doing better and better every day. This site helps me understand and accept that everything has its ups and downs, so I know nothing is ever perfect, but if I keep myself grounded and focused on waht matters, I think we will be just fine.

One surprise from the divorce is I have reconnected with my extended family - specifically my counsins. I went out on New Years Eve with my cousin and his wife. We listened to a hard rock band which I usually do not care for, but this one was fantastic! I think I drank 3 beers over 5 hours along with lots of water and I had a fantastic time!! Although it is nervewracking being 'single' I have learned so much from all of you, I know that alcohol is NOT the answer for me (e.g. to loosen up or whatever). I trust myself so much more now, it is such a great feeling!

My other cousin txtd me right at midnight on New Years Eve. I think she did that so I wuld have somethign to do when the couples were smooching, bless her heart.

So again, thank you for playing a role in helping me believe in myself again. Much love to you all!
1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
CarlyO

Happy 2010 to you too !
May you and your son have a wonderful year !! : ) Carly
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #3
R. Lee

1418, I 2nd what Carly said.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote