Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 11-25-2007, 01:02 PM   #1
annapolis

Default need help now

I started drinnking at the age of 15 I'm now 45. I drink about 12 or so beers a day.My wife is throwing me out of the house.I have nowhere to go. I feel suicide might be the answer! I have tried to stop but go just a few days and start getting depressed and need a drink to feel better. A lot of times I feel my drinking is because I'm bored. What should I do? where in Annapolis do I get help? I also have the feeling of panic all the time and feel closed in. is the normal?
annapolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2007, 02:19 PM   #2
LeeRoy

Suicide help line 1-800-273-8255 and 1-800-784-2433 24/7

Go to an emergency room and tell them how you feel, they must admit you if they feel you are a danger top yourself. They can get you a social worker and help you find a place to live and treatment for alcohol dependence. Many people get through this and there are new treatments now to help. Depression is part of it by it will get better.

Lee
LeeRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
SLynn

Annapolis,

I found these online:

http://www.sober.com/Directory/Drug+...lis-Page1.html

http://www.hopelinks.net/drug-treatm...and/21401.html

http://alcoholism.about.com/od/tx_md/qt/md134.htm

I pulled all of these resources from the internet from your area. We have no affiliation with these centers but it's a good place to start. Or, as mentioned above, you can go to any emergency room and tell them exactly what you said in your first post. You may not get help right away if your are not a danger to yourself or others so you'll need to express how you are feeling.

There are many kinds of treatment for alcoholism that didn't exist even a few years ago. You have to make the first step, though. Many times people end up drinkning alcohol or taking drugs to cover feelings they are having. It's important to get you out of danger and in a place where you can work on these things. Is there anything else I can do to help you?

Also, this was a local crisis hotline that was listed: (410)222-7273

Stacey

SLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2007, 07:46 PM   #4
SLynn

annapolis

Check in with us when you can. I hope you have found some help.

Stacey
Unread 11-25-2007, 09:58 PM   #5
annapolis

I haven't gotten out of bed all day except to take a hot bath. I'm staying in the guest room for now untill my father inlaw comes next weekend than who knows. I can't eat. good news is I havn't had a beer! I think I will go to my doctor in the next day or two.I will call tomorrow to set up a appointment.Thanks for the support! It helps more than you know!
Unread 11-25-2007, 10:19 PM   #6
SLynn

Call your doctor first thing in the morning and let him in on what's going on. You shouldn't do this on your own if you don't have to.

When do you have to be out of your house? Have you looked into any of the facilities I sent you links to?

Stacey
Unread 11-25-2007, 10:28 PM   #7
annapolis

I will call the doctor first thing.My fatherinlaw will be here saturday and need to find a place to stay. good news a friend of mine is having a apartment built in his basement with it's own everything. it should be done in two weeks. my freind is out of town till mid week and I hear he hasn't rented it out yet. I'm hopefull because the price is right!
Unread 11-26-2007, 01:09 AM   #8
SLynn

Not only do you need to think about your living situation, you need to think about why you are going in this direction to begin with. What are you going to do about your drinking? Are you still feeling hopeless?

Stacey
Unread 11-27-2007, 12:06 AM   #9
annapolis

I'm still hopeless. I called my doctor and it will be a week and a half to see him!!! I'm not feeling to good right now> my emotions are running high. I can't make heads or tails out of any help web sites but this form. I'm not the brightest pearson on the planet. for the most part people that are drunk try to look at these web sites. shouldn't they be like easy to figer out? I need help!
Unread 11-27-2007, 02:33 AM   #10
jerryg

Annapolis,
If you have been drinking 12 beers a day, as you say.
You may become very ill if you suddenly stop drinking without medical supervision.
Detox from consistent, heavy alcohol use can be life threatening.
It's called the DT's

http://www.alcoholanswers.org/alcoho...estions.cfm#15

Go to an emergency room, and be honest about the amount you have been drinking.
Don't play around with this.
12 beers a day is serious, stopping cold turkey could make you very sick.
Go to an emergency room.
Jerry

jerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2007, 09:51 AM   #11
annapolis

I know. I didn't drink anything sunday and I sarted feeling bad halfway thru monday and drank 12 beers. I would like to get down to 2-3 a day than stop? I'm going to try my doctor again today.The sttress of having to move out isn't helping none. my job ends in 3 weeks until march so I will also have no income.
Unread 12-01-2007, 03:27 PM   #12
annapolis

Well tday my wife is kicking me ouat of our house. My new apartment is't ready for a few more days. My father inlaw will be here tonight for a week. I start a new job thursday. I'm going to miss my 6 year old son. I can't imagine not seeing him everyday. I feel like I just want to drive off a cliff!!!!!!!! I'm not doing well.
Unread 12-05-2007, 01:55 PM   #13
jerryg

annapolis,

How are things going?
Let's us know how you are doing.
I hope you are OK.

Jerryg
Unread 12-05-2007, 10:53 PM   #14
CASEY

annapolis,

Hi, I hope today is going better. You spoke about your Dr., maybe if you explain to them that this is an Emerancy and you need to see your Dr. immediatly.
If you try to go it alone by quiting drinking cold turkey, you said you have been drinking since you were 15, you really need to be under medical care, this is not something to take lightly. This could be a life or death situation. You need Medical Attention as soon as you can get it.
When you mentioned suicide, that is not a word any Dr. would take lightly. The fact that you mention it , mean's you are really thinking about it and in reality calling out for help, please get some help soon!!
I wish you the best, and hope you are doing O.K.!
Casey
CASEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 07:31 PM   #15
annapolis

Hi all. Well I managed to get thru the holidays!Its been a tuff road!
Things came to a head when my father inlaw came. She kicked me out of the house. I whent to a hotel and I realy thought about ending it right there.My best freind let me stay at his condo for two weeks til the new basement apartment was ready. The builder got it done 1 month early just for me. It's nice but small.My wife gave me a day to get all of my stuff out of our house. Needless to say I only got maybe half of my stuff out and she is being very dificalt to get the rest. She is letting me see our son on a very limited time and no overnights. My new apartments back yard opens into my sons school parking lot. so I can just walk over and get him after work. I started my new job a few weeks ago and I'm very glad to have it!
I have cut the drinking down a good bit and want to stop completly. It's been hard with all the pressure my wife has put on me. but I'm slowly going in the right direction. I'm going to look into AA mettings. It somehow is scary to me.This fourm has givin me a lot of incouragment! that and the suppourt of friends and family(and a good Lawyer) I just might get thru these problems and get healthy. I went from 180 pounds down to 155 in about two months. Thanks all and I will try to update more often.
Unread 01-02-2008, 05:51 PM   #16
jerryg

annapolis,
it sounds like things are becoming clearer to but you still have some ways to go.
Good to hear you are going to try AA, just show up and listen, you have nothing to be afraid of.
Are you looking into medical help about your drinking?
I hope so.
Good luck,
Happy New Year
Jerry
Unread 01-08-2008, 01:23 AM   #17
Chris

Annapolis,

Just wanted to say that you are a very brave person for working on yourself like this. It is a very difficult thing to work on an addiction and keep your head up and keep fighting to live the way you want to live. Truly inspirational to share in your journey. I wish you all the best. Continued good health and good choices!
Chris
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote