Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 01-15-2009, 01:13 AM   #1
mrsr

Default Alibis

How do we manage to come up with such elaborate alibis to conceal our dependence?
I feel particularly upset today, hence the three consecutive posts. A lot on my mind. I feel like such a loser that I cant seem to kick this. Sometimes I'd rather be dead...no I don't have any plans to harm myself...I am in the bed with my lovely snoring husband with baby in the next room -- snoring as well..But it is extremely difficult to keep going on like this...yet I can't stop. It seems more compulsive than coke, pot, heroine, meth--but maybe I am not in a position to say b/c I have not tried those substances. But alcohol is sooo accessible. It's impossible not to pass 2 package stores on my way home, and that includes using a detour.
mrsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #2
CarlyO

I am working on getting some answers for you - I started that thread about how others have done it. You sound like you are giving up before you have even given it a shot . You just got your meds yesterday - would it help to wait to start this weekend?

I am writing out my story but I have to write it on Word in case I get logged out.
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #3
mrsr

I't very difficult.I am crying. My hands and my lip trembled so much today at work it was embaressing, when I told my husband he said go have a drink.
Honestly I have not had a chance to pick up the meds. I plan to get it tomorrow so I can take it during the long weekend.
Looking forward to responses.
mrsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
jerryg

You really need to find someone knowledgeable about addiction outside the home to talk with seriously, I hope you are considering looking.
Jerry
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
jerryg is offline   Reply With Quote