Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 01-07-2006, 05:47 PM   #1
A.S. ADMIN
Administrator

Default How did you find out about this site?

If you are new to this board please read this first
(click on this sentence)

As a non-profit our advertising is limited. It would be a great help if we knew what advertising was working, and how much is word of mouth or search engines. If you remember how you first found out about this site it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all!
A.S. ADMIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2006, 06:11 PM   #2
purple

I first found this site at www.methadonesupport.org
There is a link there in the forums under sUBOXONE
I have since tried to put NAAB in a seasrch engine IT DOES NOT COME UP THAT WAY

THANKS MIKE
That does the trick
IT will be usefull when at other computers
purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2006, 06:14 PM   #3
Mike

A link on the SAMHSA website...
purple..try NAABT
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2006, 08:03 PM   #4
peachez

I actually got a brochure from my sub doctor. He advised me to go to this website because it would answer all my questions about suboxone. And, boy howdy, did it ever!! I am as thankful for this site as i am the suboxone!!
peachez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2006, 08:42 PM   #5
boxermama

i did an internet search on buprenorphine and forums
boxermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2006, 10:32 PM   #6
Robyn

I am actually trying to pull together a list of links for SMART (online group, not the face2face). The Board of Directors has recently recognized and accepted the need of medical assistance in recovery.
Robyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2006, 11:29 PM   #7
cindyj

Radio Station AM 1400 out of Detroit
cindyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2006, 12:17 AM   #8
dodo

I did a search for suboxone forums. Thank God I found this site!
I've turned my doctor onto it.
Doris
dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2006, 12:42 AM   #9
CK1976

Wikipedia under buprenorphine
Unread 01-08-2006, 12:50 AM   #10
Mary

When researching buprenorphine, NAABT was listed as one of the endorsers of the last bill lifting the group practice limit. So I checked it out and here I am.
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2006, 02:07 AM   #11
lockman

I did a google search for Suboxone. I love this site alot of info.
lockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2006, 02:01 PM   #12
Ros

I did a google search for subutex messageboards and fortunately for me on one of those other boards, someone had posted a link to this site. Thank goodness as this has definitely been the best and most informative site I`ve come across.
Ros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #13
suprmark

I found this site through Methadone Support . org In fact, I see Carol here talking---she is the administrator of Methadonesupport.org

Good to have a lot of links for people to dhoose and make up their own minds. good for you, this site rocks!
suprmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2006, 01:57 AM   #14
Marnie

Google Buprenoprhine search.
Marnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2006, 12:36 PM   #15
gwen

from my doctor. and it's helped so much. thank you! peace- gwen
gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2006, 06:44 PM   #16
spanky

Google and pure dumb luck !It has been and still is a Godsend.I feel as if the folks who post here are family........SPANKY
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2006, 02:31 AM   #17
office_manager

Google - I was looking for an answer to some question, found it and now we include this web site in our intro literature to new patients when induced

Please note: Every thing I say is my personal opinion. After all I’m only the office manager.
office_manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2006, 08:28 AM   #18
estaban

I found this on a google search using "suboxone chat",and believe me it is by far the most open minded and informative site out there in cyberspace or wherever it is we are
Estaban
estaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2006, 06:47 PM   #19
JLO35

I also did yahoo search for support groups for vicodin dependency.
Recently my husbands doctor for his rehabilitation reinforced the importance of this sight...
JLO35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2006, 09:01 PM   #20
Texsub

Found site through a search engine (Microsoft MSN).
Texsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2006, 06:51 PM   #21
blueshale

i found it on the www.methadone.org site.
blueshale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2006, 05:17 PM   #22
russell

I heard a commercial on the radio in Detroit (97.1) The first time I heard it, I thought, WOW, I should check out that site, but didn't write it down. A few days later I heard it again & logged on. I called a doctor the same day. Glad I did, because I haven't heard it since!
Scott
russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2006, 12:15 PM   #23
jab

i did a suboxone search when iwas on methadone,now i'm taking suboxone and i beggining to feel much better.your web site was what convinced me to make the change,it provided me with the sufficient information,thank you...john b
jab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2006, 10:31 PM   #24
crazycat1976

my husband has been an addict for a while now on Heroin and recetly cocainne. For few years he has been battling with this. Specially with Heroin. For the past year i prayed to God to help him to set him free from this evil of drugs. I asked for him to help me to be strong. I really did not know what to do. The horror of this drug problem gave so many problems. But it was not until just last week that I foufn out of this Treatment through this website. As i was feeling a bit hopeless and still having faith at the same time, i went online and did a research on addiciton again.......(which by the way I had done so, so many times before in the past, but never never found this website)
so i searchd on how to stop addctioons, and as I scrowled down I saw this website and something told me to check it out and I did and i foufn out all the information I needed. (also, he had been in treatments and was never told of this either)I told him on the weekend and on Monday we found a Dr. So God really answered my prayer and although it has only been 3 days on treatment and all, he and I feel hopeful for a new start. He and I hope for him to feel normal again hope this treatment can help in the road to recovery.
crazycat1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2006, 05:11 AM   #25
Broken4you

Hi, my name is Bill. I am a Christian and of course I do believe in miracles. I also believe that God intervenes in our lives. With that said, I have been addicted to narcotics off and on for over 25 years. I had pretty much quit taking any drugs just prior to being diagnosed with Acute Mylogenic Leukemia in 1994. Wow, what a wakeup call? Long story made very short. After a successful Bone Marrow Transplant, complications from steroids destroyed both of my hips. Consequently, I had to have them replaced. Up until a week ago, I was taking as many as 15-20 Norco 10'a per day. I had recognized that I was addicted to Narcs for the last ten years. I was also praying to God that he would show me some way to deal with this problem. I had tried to quit on my own but I had been unsuccessful. One day I am sitting in my office at work listening to the radio, and I hear the last little bit of the address for a website that helps people who are addicted to narcotics. arrvt or arrbt, anyway, I tried a few different ones and found this site. What a blessing, within a week I had made the decision to call and make an appointment. I called on a Monday and by Friday, I was in treatment, I am now on my forth day of taking Suboxone. I am doing fine and confident that with counseling and this wonderful "lifesaver" I can stay drug free. Thanks everyone who has responded to my questions and for all of your support.

Bill
Broken4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2006, 04:17 AM   #26
sarah

My doctor told me about this site. She said I could use this site or go to NA meetings whatever works best for me.
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2006, 12:27 AM   #27
fadingtrax

Googled a question and the forum came up
fadingtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2006, 04:15 AM   #28
Plunk

I googled subutex and got this. I love this site!
Plunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2006, 07:08 PM   #29
bill

typed in suboxone in goggle under images and got the pic with the pills coming out of the bottle and it led me to this site thank god
bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2006, 04:37 PM   #30
liz

I found out about the site by typing in suboxone and buprenorphine in my search engine and here I am!
liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2006, 03:22 AM   #31
keczinem

the doc
keczinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2006, 10:21 AM   #32
geographic99

I found this site through a post on www.bluelight.ru which is a harm-reduction board for active drug users. There is a lot of discussion on that board about bupe and suboxone theraphy as a substitute for methadone.
geographic99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2006, 11:17 PM   #33
Terry Mohr

MY doctor suggested this site and so glad of it. Thank you all for you help in sharing with your experiences and offerings of help and relief. Terry
Terry Mohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2006, 10:48 AM   #34
glimmertwin

I found it from a link posted on www.addictionrecoveryguide.com.
It is another messageboard, very helpful, but not much info about suboxone.
glimmertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2006, 02:05 PM   #35
BadHabits

Hi all!!!!
I want to thank the person whom gave me this site her name was Lisa ( shot in the dark but i am grateful )
I have been on Sub for 2 years and has changed my life, just a few examples include, saving my marriage, my important job, and my quality of life!!! I hope i can help anyone with my experiences and i hope you all will do the same. Talk to you all soon, i am going to cruise the site
Neil
BadHabits is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2006, 01:27 AM   #36
Lisa

BadHabit,
I just saw your post. I am glad you have joined us. If I can ever help or answer any questions, feel free to let me know.

Lisa
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2006, 05:16 PM   #37
katie

Hi everyone! I also got the name of this site from Lisa! Thanks for taking the time to email me with it! KATIE
katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #38
Lisa

Hi Katie,

Welcome to the site. I hope you find all that you need here and please feel free to post any questions...or to just say hello.

Lisa
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2006, 09:09 PM   #39
stephen

I found naabt.org listed on the suboxone website...
http://www.suboxone.com/patients/resources/

--Stephen
stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2006, 11:52 PM   #40
easc

Google and pure luck.Thank god!I have since referred many people.
easc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2006, 10:49 AM   #41
kimberly

started at opiateaddictionrx.info
then went to
www.suboxone.com/patients/resources
which got me here
kimberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2006, 04:43 PM   #42
beginagain

my doctor referred me here and it is also recommended on another message board I visit
beginagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2006, 05:05 PM   #43
kiltman64

I did a google search for opiate addiction and withdrawals and stumbled across it. I didnt even know bup existed before this. With out a doubt the best find on the net of my life.
William
kiltman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2006, 02:38 AM   #44
zekk

from the addiction recovery guide
zekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2006, 10:38 AM   #45
newlife2

Just searching the net for info on suboxone. I was specifically looking for message boards with "real life" info. Thank God I came across this. What a life saver! Saboxone and NAABT is hopefully all I will need!
newlife2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2006, 01:26 AM   #46
PaulyK

I had called Tufts medical for info about bup and HCV tx together, they sent me to this site. Thank You, Tufts
PaulyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2006, 03:56 AM   #47
emma4484

I found out about this site through my doctor, who has a private practice and also works at an inpatient rehab center. I have found this site really helpful, knowing other people are going through the same thing and being able to relate. This site has really helped me through the tough times. Thanks everyone.
emma4484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2006, 04:03 AM   #48
TIM

Thank you very much, and thanks to everyone who answered this question so far, it helps us a great deal to know how you found us.--Tim(NAABT)
TIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 01:42 AM   #49
snipes

I found this site from wwww.methadonesupport.org ... came very highly recomended for subxone support...
snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 11:41 AM   #50
JLO35

My husband is seeing Doctor Gross in Chesterfield Michigan for treatment and the lovely office manager suggested I visit.

She knows who she is
JLO35 is offline   Reply With Quote