Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 02-26-2017, 01:45 PM   #151
Alexis

Hows your weekend been SD? xx
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2017, 09:59 AM   #152
soapdish

It was boring but boring and uneventful is good!

I just spent yesterday vegetating and sleeping. It is carnival here. The streets are filled with coloured paper, called coriandoli, and I'm making pancakes this week. So I can't complain!

Got another letter. I'm mulling over my reply.

Xxxxxxxx
soapdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2017, 11:09 AM   #153
Alexis

OOOh whats the carnival for?

Oh dear....if you want to discuss it with us, go ahead xxx
Unread 02-28-2017, 06:19 PM   #154
soapdish

Hi,

Sorry, been so busy. There's glue and confetti everywhere. and pancakes. A lot of pancakes!
Yeah so today is Fat Tuesday, Shrove tuesday, Mardi Gras, Carnaval and in Italy the period before Lent is called Carnival. For a few weeks there are celebrations in different towns and cities. The Venice carnival with their masked balls is most famous but also in Viareggio there are parades and huge papier mache mask heads. In my town they dress up, get drunk and have a parade but it was very disappointing this year. Everyone I saw today was wearing a onesy.
I prefer the homemade costumes.

My dad's out of hospital and I'm going back to England on Friday. I haven't organised anything. I've left everything last minute so I'm a bit annoyed with myself for being such a procrastinator. Again.

As for the letter, I would like to reply but I actually have nothing to say. I don't know what to say. What can I say? I've thought about it so much that I'm exhausted. I can't even be bothered sitting down and writing him a reply. So maybe I should just ask the postman not to bring them.

I'm thinking that now might be a good a time to return to England. With this happening to my dad and I would be safe away from him forever. If in 2 years he comes out not a better person, but full of wrath at me ignoring his letters, he won't find me here. I could start a new life in England, near my parents. But I'm so afraid of a major change right now. I can barely plan the next week.
Anyway I can't just up and leave. It will take time to prepare everything anyway. So I will just start preparing and let future me take a decision!

On the other hand, I might send him a simple letter saying not to apologize anymore. I forgive him but he is ill and I can't help him. I can't save him. He can only save himself. He should get counselling and use his time in prison to better himself. Do lots of courses, learn a trade, a language, go to the library, read. Stay away from negative people and situations.

What do you think?
Choices and decisions again. I'm so bad at taking decisions. I will decide by Thursday at midday!

Lots of love
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
One User Says Thank You to soapdish For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-28-2017)
Unread 02-28-2017, 10:05 PM   #155
lostdog

It is big here for Mardi Gras too. I saw this girl today at a nursing home with lots of pretty beads. I like the king cakes, they are so good and I got the little baby.
SD, do what you think will benefit you, no reply is fine. to him You don't need drama, change is good sometimes and near your dad would benefit you and him. I'm so glad he's better.
Procrastination is your own enemy, sometimes just looking around thinking what I need to do causes so much worry, for what, just to push yourself down with doubts. It is ok, to live life each day in the moment and relax. Enjoy time with your father, I cannot relate to that and would cherish it. Take care of your sweet self. Just my quick thoughts to help your day, I hope.
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Say Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-01-2017), Thank You (03-01-2017), Thank You (03-01-2017)
Unread 03-01-2017, 07:01 AM   #156
Alexis

Morning SD (just about its 11.58am!)

Hmmmm decisions decisions...im so bad at making them. Last night i had to text my sister to see if i should take a bath!!! haha

But on a serious note, maybe draw up a list of pros and cons for moving back to England? Would moving jobs be easy enough? etc

In regards to the letter, maybe one letter explaining you forgive him but dont want 'this' anymore is a good idea...it may put him at rest and he can also concentrate on himself. And its like an ending too for you.

Whatever you decide we will be here for you xx
One User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-01-2017)
Unread 03-01-2017, 04:04 PM   #157
soapdish

Hi dears,

LD your quick thoughts certainly help me a lot. You and Alexis give such pertinent advice and cheer me up. I think you are amazing people. .

There are millions of lists lying around the house. There are piles and piles of paper everywhere but I'm trying to use a diary and whiteboard. I tried using my phone but it wrecks my eyes and if I use my phone for everything it means I'm constantly looking at my phone. I'm trying to be more organised and less of a scatterbrain then I can relax more and empty my head of clutter.

The only advantage to being a messy person is that I've developed an incredible visual memory! If you asked me where's the tape measure? I would reply that it's stuffed between the sofa cushions of all places! Oops.

Sorry for the rambling. Yes I just feel overwhelmed so day by day is great advice and the right way for me to live at the moment.

Nighty night
Lots of love
xxxxxxxxxx

PS. finally finished the damn carrot soup. Just had a plate of crunchy nuts for dinner!
Unread 03-01-2017, 04:52 PM   #158
Alexis

Hey SD, a whiteboard is a great idea!! I might get one for my room too!

I feel overwhelmed today also, well every day...lets both try living day by day...it may help.

Glad the soup has been finished off

Love to you xxx
Unread 03-01-2017, 07:20 PM   #159
lostdog

oh your most welcome SD! like Alexis said it is your decision and one that there is no pressure for yourself. Choose to move now or later as you wish and your circumstances allow. Have a nice day today.
Unread 03-02-2017, 01:18 PM   #160
Alexis

How has your day been SD? xx
Unread 03-02-2017, 04:19 PM   #161
soapdish

It's been a lovely day, thanks Alexis.
Just finished working. The Carnival projects have been great fun.

Now I'll go and get stuff ready for my trip tomorrow. I get into Manchester at 11.30am

I will be waving from the plane as soon as we pass over the Channel, Alexis and Tryn

Have a good night everyone
Xxxxxxxx
Unread 03-02-2017, 04:30 PM   #162
Alexis

What do you do SD? Have you told us before? Sounds interesting!

SO happy you say you had a lovely day

oooooh how funny you will be so close to me. (im 30 min tram journey from Manchester airport, in Chorlton)

Night SD! xx
Unread 03-03-2017, 11:40 AM   #163
Alexis

Hope your flight was ok and you arrived safely wishing your parents the best too xx
Unread 03-03-2017, 06:16 PM   #164
soapdish

Thanks so much.

I can hear the frogs in the pond making a hell of a racket! Great, it means spring is nearly here... 21st March. Not long now 🐸
Xxxx
2 Users Say Thank You to soapdish For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-04-2017), Thank You (03-03-2017)
Unread 03-04-2017, 06:26 PM   #165
lostdog

Sounds nice, hope your weekend is great!
Unread 03-05-2017, 06:53 AM   #166
soapdish

Thanks LD.

My time in England has been nice. I'm going back to my home in Italy tomorrow.

Dad is doing ok with his zimmerframe and he's actually more autonomous than I'd expected. Mum is ok. Tired of course and the changes have been as hard on her as dad, but they're managing. I'll just keep toing and froing until June. Then we'll see.

Rainy day today but everywhere is so green I don't mind, and the birds are singing.

I had a horrid nightmare last night reliving him breaking the door down and all the police were drunk, partying for carnival. It was grotesque. I woke up in a pool of sweat.

I think it's because I watched a stupid Crime TV documentary 'Stalkers who kill' before bed. So stupid of me. I hadn't dreamt about him since January. Oh well. This evening I will try to focus on the croaking frogs in the pond and hopefully have sweet froggy dreams instead

Have a lovely week everyone
Lots of love
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooo
3 Users Say Thank You to soapdish For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-05-2017), Thank You (03-05-2017), Thank You (03-05-2017)
Unread 03-06-2017, 08:21 AM   #167
Alexis

Safe travels back to Italy xx
Unread 03-06-2017, 10:14 AM   #168
soapdish

Thanks Ale

Just arrived. It was a nice flight...saw lots of rainbows over the Alps.

Two letters from him waiting for me, groan.
Xxx
Hugs
Unread 03-06-2017, 10:46 AM   #169
Alexis

wow sounds like a lovely flight. DO you generally like flying? I dont mind it but i hate long distance, so much!

Oh no...well remember your thoughts on one final letter to him, maybe its time for that?

Keep talking to us we have your back xx
Unread 03-08-2017, 04:42 AM   #170
soapdish

Hi
I find flying mostly boring, but it can be nice if you get a window seat.

Alexis, in your thread you asked about my origins...yes I am English. When I type on this forum with British spelling I get squiggly red error lines, which annoys me hence US spelling, like apologize with a z
Acclimatised to Italy sort of. I have a love/hate relationship with Italy. Been living here for 17 years!

Yes I wrote a letter to him and posted it. It's quite long. Used a lot of the strong messages on my thread. I hope we can both find some peace.
I am going to see my GP, as I'm feeling weird. Can't shake off these blues. Appointment is on Friday morning. We'll see what she says. I think I could benefit from a few counselling sessions. Not sure. Past experiences were unhelpful but I'm open to trying again.

Have a nice day everyone
Xxxx lots of love
Unread 03-08-2017, 11:00 AM   #171
Alexis

Ah haha funny.

Good idea with the councelling, i find you should keep trying till you meet a therapist you click with. I must have gone through dozens before meeting Clive.

Hows your day going? xx
Unread 03-09-2017, 06:31 PM   #172
lostdog

Hi SD, we have the short initials on our names, so we are alike. I hope you feel better soon, sometimes you internalize things and decision making makes us feel guilty. I wish you the best and I'm glad you are getting to a counselor. I think just talking to someone really helps, because you put yourself first and you need to. You're such a kind person and need to know that. Share anything you like or if you need to talk and take care.
Unread 03-10-2017, 03:50 AM   #173
soapdish

Thanks so much LD for your kind message on my thread.

It means a lot to me and helps me start the day in a good way.

Now I'd better get into gear and go to the appointment.

Lots of love
Xxxxx
Unread 03-10-2017, 03:40 PM   #174
soapdish

Hi,

It's been a long day. A long week really, but work was good. I can't complain.
The weather was warm and sunny today, clear blue skies and a warm breeze blowing from the river. Spring has sprung early.

The doctor said I have symptoms of PTSD and then she told me that the next available appointment with a therapist on the health service is May 2018 ahahhahahahaaaaaa!
I just burst out laughing! Seriously, 2018! So we both shook our heads, laughed, and shrugged.
She's given me a few contact numbers of charities and private therapists.
I feel a bit despondent. I think I'd rather just go and tell it to the trees.

The warm weather will help me make an effort to go jogging again. I saw on my calendar that there's only 6 weeks until the Easter holidays and I'll get a few days break. After that I'll also have Tuesday mornings free as my nursery school project ends at Easter. I feel like I just have to hang on until then and, although I will miss the children dearly, it will be great to have a free morning every week. I must be sure not to fill it in. I need a morning to do work stuff and I could go jogging first.
I've fallen so behind with administration. I hate doing it. It's so boring and there's so much bureaucracy. My filing system is like Bernard Black's.
Ok moan over!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unread 03-10-2017, 04:00 PM   #175
lostdog

that's a long time for an appt., I'm sorry about that, I hope you find one and I know you will. Also,go jogging first, if you have the desire to exercise that is so great! It will release those endorphins and you will have a fabulous day ahead.
Unread 03-12-2017, 11:03 AM   #176
Alexis

Sorry to hear about the PTSD but good to get a name for your feelings. And now is the beginning to get some help.

Yes jogging sounds good. I wish i could do it. I can only run for 2 minutes haha so unfit

Hows the weekend been SD? xx
Unread 03-14-2017, 05:38 PM   #177
soapdish

Hi,

So it's a bit of a tough period really. I've been struggling with my emotions a lot and I'm being a scatterbrain which is a disaster for my busy schedule. This morning I completely overslept and I had to tell a white lie at work. I said the chain came off my bike, so for sure that will really happen soon! Sod's law!
I know it's up to me to pull myself out of this darkness. But I am finding it hard to change my mindset.
I feel like I was doing just fine in the new year then the letters have shaken me up.
I am troubled because what transpires from the letters he has written to me is that he is in total denial.
He says that the police tricked him into signing a confession and he was charged with assaulting a police officer. That's what he's in prison for and it explains why I never had to go to court.
So I don't even know what the truth is. I suspect it's true. The police may have done that because they knew he'd get off, had it been just a domestic violence charge.
So that's crap.

He wrote asking me to help him get out under house arrest. This has really upset me.
How could I? How could he ask me that? He is in denial. I doubt he even remembers much about anything.
I wrote in my reply to him that he isn't the victim. He's responsible for his actions and must deal with the consequences now. He should ask his parents to help him. I said I forgive him because I know he is ill but I can't save him. Only he can.

I posted my reply before this latest letter arrived. He begs me to go and see him. He says he'll die if he stays in prison.

So it's just all-consuming and haunting me.

Now I will go and have a piping hot shower in an attempt to wash away my bad thoughts and feelings.

I feel like I'm verging on a breakdown. I don't know how to make myself break out of this rut.

I'm sorry to be so down.
Thanks for the sounding board.

Good night and sweet dreams
Xxxxxxxxx
Unread 03-14-2017, 05:44 PM   #178
soapdish

Hi,

So it's a bit of a tough period really. I've been struggling with my emotions a lot and I'm being a scatterbrain which is a disaster for my busy schedule. This morning I completely overslept and I had to tell a white lie at work. I said the chain came off my bike, so for sure that will really happen soon! Sod's law!
I know it's up to me to pull myself out of this darkness. But I am finding it hard to change my mindset.
I feel like I was doing just fine in the new year then the letters have shaken me up.
I am troubled because what transpires from the letters is that he is in total denial.
He says that the police tricked him into signing a confession and he was charged with assaulting a police officer. That's what he's in prison for and it explains why I never had to go to court.
So I don't even know what the truth is. I suspect it's true. The police may have done that because they knew he'd get off, had it been just a domestic violence charge.
Anyway, that's crap.

He wrote asking me to help him get out under house arrest. This has really upset me.
How could I? How could he ask me that? He is in denial. I doubt he even remembers much about anything.
I wrote in my reply to him that he isn't the victim. He's responsible for his actions and must deal with the consequences now. He should ask his parents to help him. I said I forgive him because I know he is ill but I can't save him. Only he can.

I posted my reply before this latest letter arrived. He begs me to go and see him. He says he'll die if he stays in prison.

So it's just all-consuming and haunting me.

Now I will have a piping hot shower in an attempt to wash away my bad thoughts and feelings.

I feel like I'm verging on a breakdown. I don't know how to bring myself out of this rut.

I'm sorry to be so down.
Thanks for the sounding board.

Good night and sweet dreams
Xxxxxxxxx
Unread 03-14-2017, 09:50 PM   #179
lostdog

He is a classic example of denial and blame. Your not in prison, you are safe, I think you should just not listen to his lies or communicate with him. If you do, expect nothing. The alanon group can help you diffuse your guilty feelings. Please don't blame yourself, keep your distance. The depression makes you foggy and I hope it lifts soon. You are so smart and have the world at your fingertips. Keep going with your life and leave that behind. I'm not saying it is easy, but you are free to go about the world and have the freedom to control your own life choices. May you find peace and easiness today as you rest this evening.
3 Users Say Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-15-2017), Thank You (03-15-2017), Thank You (03-15-2017)
Unread 03-15-2017, 05:18 PM   #180
soapdish

Your reply means a lot to me LD

Last night I made myself go to bed at 11.30 but I had a crisis, then a cry, then I played the stupid alphabet game and the last time I looked at the clock it was 3.38.

But I had a breakfast meeting so i had to get up early! and I did and the day went very well then this afternoon, i read your reply so the day just got better and better (even if I had about 6 espressos!)

Tonight I will watch how the cats are so calm and peaceful. They just lie down, close their eyes and go to sleep. It really is that simple!

Today a little student of mine gave me a Lindt Lindor chocolate bar, which I will eat very soon, and it's making me cry with joy. There are a lot of good things in my life and lovely people who trust me. This is why i feel so guilty. Risking everything trying to save a man who I could never have saved, and now he's in prison. I feel so remorseful, guilty, ashamed, embarrassed, worried, sad.

The lessons today were brilliant. When I put all my effort and enthusiasm into it, the students shine. It's wonderful. So I don't feel depressed, it's more like I feel hysterical with these fluctuating emotions.

The niggling thought of going to see him is always there. It sits right next to the thought about going to a bar for a Prosecco. So day by day and that's my life at the moment, which is ok yes indeed. More than ok. I have a lot to be happy about and thankful for.

In April I can start some kind of therapy, whether that be jogging, massage or a counselor I'm not sure yet, but after Easter things will be better. I just know it.

Thanks so much from the bottom of my heart
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank You (03-15-2017), Thank You (03-15-2017)
Unread 03-16-2017, 12:14 AM   #181
lostdog

oh, I hope I did make your day a little brighter. You write so beautifully, I can picture the chocolate and your lessons. Don't ever feel guilty, no need, push it away, life is too short and we tend to blame ourselves for everything. Have a good day. I'm up late and went to a concert at the rodeo. It was pop music and fun, my son backed out and I went alone, it was out of my element to go alone, but such a first invigorating step for me.
2 Users Say Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-16-2017), Thank You (03-21-2017)
Unread 03-16-2017, 05:27 AM   #182
soapdish

Oh that's great LD: you enjoyed your own company. Nice one.
A rodeo sounds fun.
Here there are outdoor music festivals during summer. I used to volunteer at one but there's too much free alcohol available so I haven't been for years. The last concert I went to was Ben Harper in a big city arena. Years ago. Nice memory.
This morning I am cleaning, running errands and I'll go to the market to get some fresh fish and flirt with the fishmonger. Just some innocent fun.
Have a great day you too.
Xxxxx
Thank You (03-16-2017)
Unread 03-16-2017, 11:56 AM   #183
Alexis

Hey SD, sorry you have been feeling so low. But great that there are some good things in your life too

How did the flirting go? hehe

xx
Unread 03-16-2017, 06:52 PM   #184
soapdish

It was great! and the fish was delicious. Perch

Ooh I see I have become a senior member.

Thanks for continuing to support me everyone.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank You (03-18-2017), Thank You (03-16-2017)
Unread 03-18-2017, 12:46 PM   #185
lostdog

Hi Senior member, I remember when I became one too. How are you today, hope your weekend is fun and peaceful.
Unread 03-18-2017, 03:59 PM   #186
Alexis

Glad the flirting and the fish were good hahah

Hope your weekend is going well? Any plans for tomorrow? xx
Unread 03-20-2017, 06:06 PM   #187
soapdish

Hi,

The weekend was nice thank you. I worked 7 am to 7 pm on Saturday. Binge watched TV series all Saturday night while messily eating cheese and crackers on the sofa.

Yesterday morning was laundry, supermarket and soup making. I even cleaned the kitchen window. You could barely see out of it! Awful!
I wrote a list of all the things I have to do asap and there are 21 things on it. I've crossed off three things. I will do what I can, when I can. I'm not going to get stressed anymore. It's counterproductive.

Also, writing here I realised that I keep complaining about working too much and being tired and that I've just got to make until Easter. I was upset and stressed because I can't make it even to Easter with this routine. So I have done some rescheduling and I feel better. The hours aren't reduced, but they will be spread out in a different way. I hope a better way. So I'm optimistic this week knowing that at least I've done something to try and change my situation and not just sit and gripe about it.

I buggered up my booking for the flight home at Easter and I booked for May instead of April by mistake. I had to pay a penalty for changing the dates. Oh well, sigh. I'm feeling more together but I've still got a head like a sieve.

Tomorrow is the nightmare day but with the rescheduling, I'll be home by 7pm and that means I'll have time for dinner before the evening course I teach. Oh sorry this is way too much boring information!!!

All I mean is, I'm trying to take better care of my health.
That feels important right now.

Lots of love
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank You (03-20-2017)
Unread 03-20-2017, 06:35 PM   #188
Sam Bailey

Hey Soapdish!

I just wanted to check in with you, say "hey." While we don't "speak" often, I keep track of your life via every post you write. You are, clearly, a bright and lovely person---and you express yourself wonderfully, even when your "self expression" is damned painful.

Fwiw, you appear, you truly do, to be handling your life with strength and courage. No, I didn't say you're handling it without an aching heart. A great ache is, I fear, a part of who we all are. However. You seem to be making some (most!) good decisions. Positive choices.

As heartrending as your situation is, and we all know the heartpain you must feel, your decision NOT to contact your ex is the right one. Yes, I know, so damn easy for me to say---so the, uh, opposite of easy!! it is to do. Or not do.

And even if you were to, again, contact this man, you would not be able to end his own pain and suffering. But then, you know this. Doesn't make your choice easier, of course. And I'm sorry that you have this conflict in your life.

Anyway.

You seem to be a good and decent woman. In fact, I'll bet a buck that you are...good, decent and kind.

So, there!

best,

sam
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2017, 08:18 PM   #189
lostdog

I like your information, it is very interesting to me. Please write often. You are very busy and I hope your night class goes well. I'm not sure if you I ever read what your teaching? I know you teach tiny children in the day? Lucky you, I just adore children, they just say what's up and don't judge you on things. My cousin was 6 years younger than me and I had a huge puffy eye with poison ivy on it and he never said a word. I'll never forget that. All the adults were like oh my , etc.
Unread 03-21-2017, 06:33 PM   #190
soapdish

Hi and Hey!!

I love your replies.
Thank you so much for your kind and wise words.

I'm just gonna stay light and relaxed and be nice to everyone.

Tryn wrote somewhere, 'it's what we do with the rest of it that matters' and I agree so I'm trying my best not to dwell.

I'm just too sensitive and can't completely let go for some absurd reason that I can't explain. However, I will not go to visit him, even if he has asked me again in yet another letter that arrived this very morning. I haven't let go and I don't trust myself to see him and I don't see the good it would do him. Besides, he strikes great fear in me.

So I feel a mix of immense tenderness towards him and wanting to help and protect him but then also shame and fear. It's not very pleasant. I will try to forget about him but if the letters keep coming I might have to go and see him. Conclude face to face. I'm not sure I can do it though.

Yes LD I teach nursery children, primary, secondary and adults. I love all the different ages! Art and English workshops. Everyone's really nice this year. I'm lucky. Such a wide variety of lessons throughout the day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unread 03-21-2017, 06:50 PM   #191
lostdog

art is my favorite, english- I like the classics and studying the themes, I can't ever get it right but it's fun to try and then learn the real plot and meanings,etc. Your a sensitive soul and that's a good thing. Because we can see things others can't. Be gentle and rest and have a good time teaching!
Unread 03-22-2017, 01:05 PM   #192
Alexis

Always talk to us SD, no matter what. You think you complain?? man look at my thread hahaha i complain too much. You have real problems...

Hows your day been?

Hoping you are doing well. How cool you teach art xx
Unread 03-22-2017, 03:02 PM   #193
soapdish

Origami and quilling mostly. English as a second language.
Today was good and my new schedule is great.
Even had time to make mushrooms on toast!
Only crossed one more thing off my list, but aim to do something after my lesson tonight.
Tomorrow is market day. The highlight of my week, ha ha!
Kinda pathetic really but absolutely fine by me.

Hugs, love and strength
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unread 03-22-2017, 03:11 PM   #194
Alexis

i would LOVE market day we have a little one once a month and i got to browse. Id love a big fresh food market though, and in Italy....wow, lucky you

Wishing you peace and love SD xxx
Unread 03-23-2017, 12:32 PM   #195
Alexis

Hope your day is going great SD let us know when you can xx
Thank You (03-26-2017)
Unread 03-23-2017, 06:44 PM   #196
soapdish

Hi, thanks so much Alexis. Really means a lot to me when you guys ask after me.
My day has been lovely. I went to the market and it was raining, but it was light spring rain and I enjoyed getting wet.
I am so pleased about the rescheduling. I had time to do lots of things. I even made a veggie quiche! Burnt it, that's true, but I made an effort nonetheless. It is very crispy indeed!
At the moment I'm eating strawberries. They're huge and amazing!

There's this guy I've started paying to clean. I feel a bit weird having a cleaner but on the other hand I got free time today and that was great. He's a rose seller I see on my way home and I always say hi and in winter I took him hot tea and pies and we've chatted a few times. He's told me about his life here and in his home country. Anyway, on Valentine's day he said he hadn't sold a single rose. He's really desperate and he kept asking me if I knew of any work. I've redone a CV for him to hand out but there isn't any work and his Italian is really bad. In the end I said he could do a couple of hours a week at mine like a handyman/cleaner. So it's like a reciprocal helping hand but he seemed disappointed when I said just a couple of hours a week. Today he told me that he's going to lose his residency because there's too many of them in the apartment where he lives. I have a feeling he's gonna ask me if he can do his residency here but I've decided no. 'm worried about him though. He looks dirty and malnourished.
I'm not sure if I've done a stupid thing again. I had told myself not to be so soft and openhearted, as that's partly why I keep getting into trouble. I had promised myself to be more cautious and less trusting. Put my guard up. However, I don't want to completely change who I am. I would like to help him as much as I can, which isn't very much at the moment because my plate is kinda full. Yet, I have a doubt. Should I help him more? Should I have shrugged him off and stayed out of any potential trouble. I don't know. I really doubt all my decisions. I often act on a whim. I really don't trust myself at all.

But still, the afternoon was lovely and the lessons were all fantastic today.

Tomorrow I've got a naughty boy group, last lesson Friday ugh. So I have to go into it super energised and smiley or they'll grind me down.
All in all, I think it's good for me to be working and I'm feeling more focused now than I did a month ago, and these strawberries are truly delicious

Sweet kisses to you all
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank You (03-24-2017)
Unread 03-24-2017, 06:30 AM   #197
Alexis

Hey SD, pass me a strawberry?!

I think giving that man a couple of hours work is good and enough help. Like you say, you have enough on your plate, but you both get help with a little work.

Dont worry.

I panic about my decisions too...all the time. I cant even make simple decisions, like should i have a bath tonight etc.

But you are doing so well. You are kind and lovely and that will get you far.

Hope the classes go well today, and its Friday!!! Love to you xxx
Unread 03-24-2017, 03:55 PM   #198
lostdog

No never feel guilty. Protect yourself. You are sweet and people want more from you. Do what you want very cautiously and live your life. Take care.
2 Users Say Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-25-2017), Thank You (03-26-2017)
Unread 03-25-2017, 01:13 PM   #199
soapdish

Great advice.
Much appreciated.
Happy weekend everyone
Xxxxxxx
Unread 03-26-2017, 09:04 AM   #200
Alexis

What are you doing today SD? Its your day off right? Hope its sunny! xx