Addiction Survivors

Unread 03-16-2017, 08:31 PM   #1
theduece

Question is it to late to start suboxone after being clean for over a month

I don't want to go back to opiates but I'm really going through it everyday! ive been clean for almost 2 months now but my anxiety is through the roof and i constantly think of using everyday all day and I know I will eventually use but I don't want to. so will my dr give me suboxone if I ask?
theduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2017, 09:42 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi theduece, welcome. First of all, congratulations on two months! Have you talked with your doctor at all about the anxiety? Do you think that anxiety was an underlying issue that may have been masked by your former opiate misuse? Have you been in counseling since you stopped to see if there are any other ways to help your anxiety, which may, in turn, help with the cravings?

There are people who have gone on bupe after being opiate free for varying amounts of time. Generally, they would need 2mg or less - the less, the better.

Sorry for all the questions, but was just wanting to see if you and your doctor have looked at all options.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2017, 09:54 PM   #3
theduece

I wasn't able to get into my Psych dr office until next week because he was so over booked. he was also my dr at the rehab facility I checked into back in late January and back then I said I didn't want suboxone because I wanted to get clean completely without a crutch but everyday I regret it because I can't stop thinking about it. when I was in rehab inpatient and outpatient I didn't crave anything but as soon as that was over its all I've thought about.
theduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2017, 06:36 AM   #4
NancyB
Administrator

Hi again, until you can get back in to see your doctor, this might be helpful. It's a free site for CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy). Many here have used it over the years to help with cravings.

https://moodgym.anu.edu.au/welcome

Do you have anyone to talk with now about how you're feeling? Sometimes even doing that to distract yourself is helpful.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2017, 10:58 AM   #5
MattC42286

Hi thedeuce! Congrats on two months! First of all I would definitely try to treat the anxiety first. You have already waited through the water on the opiate part so I don't know if Suboxone would be a good call for you. Talk to your dr. Hope everything works out! God bless! -Matt
MattC42286 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to MattC42286 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (03-22-2017)