R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2015, 12:15 PM   #52
Alexis

Day 6 complete JD hope you're doing ok! x
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2015, 05:25 PM   #53
jditoday

Yo,

Day 6 it is I guess? This is where counting gets tricky for me. I slept day 6 away up until this post because I go on nights tonight. I won't even try to explain my schedule. It usually requires something to look at and a calculator:P But day 6 is in the bag by default.

Thanks everyone for checking it! Alexis, I guess I will be the one to start day 7 tomorrow. I get off at 6am, so I will see you all then. I hope everyone has a strong day.
jditoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2015, 08:44 PM   #54
R. Lee

Congratulations on 6 days sober JD!! Well done.
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-12-2015)
Unread 08-11-2015, 10:59 PM   #55
Alexis

Morning JD! 9am here and day 7 begins! What is your job? (Sorry if you already told us!)

Hope that you are gettin on alright, remember to keep rested if possible. Sleep is so important! I just had a good sleep, the best of the holiday, probably due to a crazy action packed day I had!

Love & peace heading your way x
One User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-12-2015)
Unread 08-12-2015, 01:49 AM   #56
jditoday

No! You still beat me to it Alexis! Ya couldn't have slept for another 15 minutes? 😝 day 7 starts in 15 minutes for me. By the time I get home I'll be 6 hours into it. I am a power plant mechanic. The place is always running unless our stellar group of operators blow something up (which is sadly the norm at this one). I work a 12 hour rotation which means I flip back and forth from days to nights with either a day or two days between. Towards the end of the 5 week rotation I actually get a bunch of days off in a row with 4 8 hour days in the middle. They are taking it easy on us tonight though since we took quite a beating over our last 4 day shifts. 3 jobs down, one to go. That one will take more time to gather the tools to do it than it will take to actually do it. Then it's smooth sailing from there.

Your turn!
Unread 08-12-2015, 02:41 AM   #57
Alexis

Ok so I read power plant and think HOMER SIMPSON!!! Haha not sure how far back you have read on my journal but I am obsessed with the simpsons...

I am an artist. So I'm self employed but I get benefits as due to my mental health I can get help financially . So I pretty much work every day - either working on the company, putting on exhibitions, live bands/DJs, performances, panel discussions, artist talks etc or im in my studio working on my own art work! That or researching, and writing.

Half way through day 7, no booze, a guy on the beach tried to sell my weed though haha he must of seen my tattoos and thought 'now there's a stoner!'

x
Unread 08-12-2015, 05:11 AM   #58
jditoday

Homer is a control operator at a nuke. Mine is coal fired. Operators "operate" the place. By operate I mean constantly break shit. I fix it. It's a fun job though most of the time. I have a pretty good bunch of folks to work with.

You sound like you keep yourself pretty busy at least. It's gotta be nice to have that freedom of being self employed. Do you have any art posted anywhere online? I'd like to check it out. My tattooer got me into painting when I was watching him work on a piece I commissioned from him. I also do a little bit of wood burning as well. And I can't forget the musical outlet. I SUCK at playing the guitar but I love to do it:P

The tattoo thing is funny. I am pretty heavily tattooed, have bags under my eyes from rotating constantly and always look angry (male version of RBF). I get mistaken for a drug user all the time but I never touched any of it, always been a drinker though.
Unread 08-12-2015, 05:37 AM   #59
Alexis

I don't really paint - I have done in the past to make a bit of money but nothing recently. I build big installations. That's what I really love. Takes a lot of time, money and labour to do but I love it. And I have lots of skills that I can use around the house haha

Was also offered coke by one guy!! Crazy! Just on the bloody beach!
Unread 08-12-2015, 06:28 AM   #60
jditoday

i think I'm shutting it down for the night. Alexis, thanks for keeping me company on a slow night. i have about an hour and a half to go here and only a quick stop to make before I get home but I will most likely be doing that falling forward, can't catch myself type of panic run towards my bed as soon as I get home. Day 7. That's a week. Not too shabby.

I hope you all have strong days!
One User Says Thank You to jditoday For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-12-2015)
Unread 08-12-2015, 08:55 AM   #61
Alexis

Congrats JD! You should be very proud of yourself! My day 7 has 3/4 hours to go. I'm about to go for a quick bite to eat, but I know I won't drink. Not tonight.

Peace
One User Says Thank You to Alexis For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-12-2015)
Unread 08-12-2015, 09:44 AM   #62
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon jditoday. Bright blessings to you.

You can do this.

Massive high 5 for a week.

Loveness to you jditoday
Tryntryagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2015, 01:44 PM   #63
Millie

Nicely done, JD!!
Millie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2015, 05:43 PM   #64
jditoday

I am in the ole' night shift morning brain fog here. What is it...day 7 into 8 tonight? I hope you all had strong days and I'll check in in the morning.

*did I buy decaf or something? wtf is wrong with this coffee?*
Unread 08-12-2015, 06:12 PM   #65
lostdog

way to go on today!!
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2015, 10:00 PM   #66
R. Lee

Great job working a staying sober another 24. Have a great shift at work.
Unread 08-12-2015, 11:29 PM   #67
Alexis

Morning JD! Day 8 begins...

x
Unread 08-13-2015, 02:08 AM   #68
jditoday

6 minutes into day 8. Dog, R.Lee thanks for the kind words. Alexis, we made is past a week!!! We have a pretty gravy shift tonight. Easy work in a building that we could open up wide for the nice cool night air to whip through and a pretty clear night for what should be a good light show in the sky.
Thank You (08-13-2015)
Unread 08-13-2015, 09:17 AM   #69
jditoday

Well, no light show last night, I was kind of bummed about it, but whatever. One night shift to go then a couple days off. Day 8 may as well be in the books for me even though it's only 7:15 am.

I have to put an end to one thing before it goes to far...

Yall Know my name isn't JD right?
Unread 08-13-2015, 10:01 AM   #70
Tryntryagain

Good afternoon jditoday. Bright blessings to you.

I know the starry skies disappointed those in the South of dear old Blighty, It's not all over! They will still be seen over the coming days.

Congrats on 8 days. Magic around, magic within.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you jditaoday
Unread 08-13-2015, 10:26 AM   #71
Alexis

Haha yes! But JD shortens your username plus it sounds cool congrats on another day x
Unread 08-13-2015, 10:37 AM   #72
jditoday

I have no problem with JD. I just wanted everyone to know.
Unread 08-13-2015, 11:02 AM   #73
R. Lee

Congratulation on 8 days JD. Have a great day.
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-14-2015)
Unread 08-13-2015, 12:48 PM   #74
Saint

Congrats on the 8 days!!

JD it is!!! : )

Saint
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Saint For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-14-2015)
Unread 08-13-2015, 01:19 PM   #75
lostdog

excellent job!
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to lostdog For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-14-2015)
Unread 08-13-2015, 01:28 PM   #76
Millie

Great job! Have a great day!
One User Says Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-14-2015)
Unread 08-13-2015, 06:09 PM   #77
jditoday

Short and sweet...thank you guys for all the kind words and support I hope you all have strong sober days! I'm off to work, and to eventually start day 9.
Unread 08-13-2015, 09:02 PM   #78
iamtrying

Congrats on Day 8....have a great evening...
iamtrying is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to iamtrying For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-14-2015)
Unread 08-13-2015, 11:51 PM   #79
gmasusie

The biggest hurdle is past. From here on it just gets better and easier.
gmasusie is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to gmasusie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-14-2015), Thank You (08-14-2015)
Unread 08-14-2015, 09:52 AM   #80
jditoday

This guy is insanely tired and will NOT correct any typos this morning. Not. Gonna. Do. It.

Day 9 here we come. Just stumbling on up to ya, but look out! Last night was a pretty long shift. My partner for the night was really getting on my last nerve with every breath he took. Literally. Between his squealing nostrils and his leaf blower like open mouth breathing through his way too unkempt mustache right in my ear in close quarters on a hot elevation while not touching a tool all M-er F'n NIGHT!

Anywho. I am pretty happy to not be in that plant at the moment. Back on monday but I have what I can salvage from today, and the rest of the weekend to chill, deep breaths, maybe some working out...maybe not. I'm pretty beat up from the last couple weeks. I might just call it good, and make myself a blanket fort on the couch.

I do have a bunch of stuff I want to get done at home this morning, I just dont know if I have it in me. I will be 100% honest. The longer I sit here and type, the longer I put off doing anything:P It's cloudy out there and I should mow my lawn for the first time in two weeks right? (better check the radar and hope to see some rain coming my way) I really don't want to mow the lawn today.

BAH! This is silly.

I hope you all have a strong day, I'll check in with you guys tomorrow.
Unread 08-14-2015, 10:22 AM   #81
Alexis

My day 9 is just about to close. Didn't even really think about ordering beer with my meal. Nervous in some ways to go home, old triggers, friends I actually get on with who I tend to drink with... Will try to just think of today though. Tonight.

There are beers in the mini bar, I know I won't touch them.

Water, my medication, early night.

Good luck today, a sofa fort weekend sounds great!! I'll be doing the same on Sunday haha! x
Unread 08-14-2015, 10:41 AM   #82
jditoday

Alexis...even on my drunkest day...I would never pay for mini bar beers. Nope!
Thank You (08-14-2015)
Unread 08-14-2015, 11:02 AM   #83
R. Lee

Stay strong Alexis. Avoid what you have to to stay sober. Congrats on 9 days sober. Have a great day.

JD, congratulations on 9 days.

Have a great day JD.

Last edited by R. Lee; 08-14-2015 at 11:25 AM..
Unread 08-14-2015, 11:21 AM   #84
Saint

Good job on 9 days JD and Alexis!
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2015, 01:09 PM   #85
gmasusie

JD and Alexis,

How neat that you two are neck and neck! How cool that you have gotten that far! I am proud of both of you.

Love, Susie
gmasusie is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to gmasusie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-14-2015), Thank You (08-14-2015)
Unread 08-14-2015, 08:14 PM   #86
jenm

Wow - great job JD AND Alexis!

I've been on this site for several years. This past year has sucked. I'm on day 2 right now, and my son and I are going to the store so we can get my brake light fixed. I can hardly change a lightbulb, but he is super smart with that stuff, even as a teenager. I'm so grateful for him.

Take care - one day at a time! Jenm
jenm is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-14-2015)
Unread 08-14-2015, 09:30 PM   #87
Alexis

Thanks everyone! JD you have been a big help to me hope you're hving a good rest!x
Unread 08-15-2015, 02:56 PM   #88
jditoday

Well, I'm pretty sure it is saturday and day 10? Double digits! I almost got everything done I was trying to do yesterday. By the time I was done playing in the yard, it was mowed, fertilized and about 3pm. Awake for 24 hours. If there are any concerns about doing that to myself, I assure you it was necessary. I go back on days on monday, this is all part of my routine. It's getting old. I just have some laundry to do today then I'm gonna take it easy, maybe even firing the grill up for the game tonight.

I hope you guys are having good strong days. I'll pop back in later.
2 Users Say Thank You to jditoday For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-16-2015), Thank You (08-15-2015)
Unread 08-15-2015, 03:01 PM   #89
Millie

Congrats on day 10. That's great!
One User Says Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-15-2015)
Unread 08-15-2015, 09:45 PM   #90
R. Lee

JD, Wow 10 days sober. You are doing great.

You have a great attitude. Keep up the hard work.
Unread 08-16-2015, 12:31 AM   #91
jenm

Wonderful news, JD! I worked 11 hours today and just had ice cream after work. I'm happy I teach all my fitness classes this week, at least I hope I do, as I am really liking the ice cream these days.

Fantastic - there is just nothing worth drinking over. I thought there was, but there isn't. It only makes things worse....and worse. Take care! Jenm
Unread 08-17-2015, 05:14 AM   #92
Alexis

How is it going JD? x
Unread 08-17-2015, 06:01 AM   #93
jditoday

Well, it's Monday and day 12. I had a nice little shut down day yesterday. I got lost in a few movies and didn't have my phone with me all day. Nice and quiet. It's back to work today. Hopefully it is just as quiet as the last night shifts were.

Lets all have a strong day!
Unread 08-17-2015, 06:02 AM   #94
Alexis

what did you watch JD? x
Unread 08-17-2015, 09:24 AM   #95
Tryntryagain

God afternoon jditoday. Bright blessings to you.

So very well done getting to 12 days. I wager that if you asked the mutlitudes of this family how they found their first 12 days, say for numbers sake there are 1000 of us here. You will get a 1000 different answers. It really is an individual journey, although commonality exists between us.

When i have set on previous journeys to sobriety it felt like climbing. Climbing out of something, and "rut", a "hole", it just felt like i was climbing. It was unfamiliar and for some reason scary, although i knew it was something i just had to do.

I once knew a tree surgeon. The fellow used to climb some of the grandest trees, some of the tallest, for his work, and i said to him....."

"Dont you ever get scared of the heoght?".....

He put his hand on my shoulder and simply said, "Tryn.......it's not the height that is the problem....it is the ground".

Hmmm.

Be peaceful, be healthy and be strong. Loveness to you jditoday
Unread 08-17-2015, 11:32 AM   #96
R. Lee

JD, great job.

Congratulations on 12 days sober.

Have a great day.
Unread 08-17-2015, 08:49 PM   #97
jditoday

Tryn...not too shabby of a metaphor for us all. R.Lee, thanks as always. Alexis, I really did get lost in those movies, and by that I meant I kept dozing off:P I can't remember them all, the last one was The Dark Knight Rises...for about the tenth time...TNT man, if it isn't a batman movie, its The Shawshank Redemption isn't it?

Good day at work, frustration day personally as my lawyer has apparently stopped answering his phone, calling back and returning emails. I gotta try to figure that one out pretty quick as I only have 2 free days before my next and possibly last court date. I gotta make sure this fool is actually doing what I need him to, because it seems like he sure isn't.

Hope all are strong. I'm crabby.
Unread 08-18-2015, 06:15 AM   #98
jditoday

Lucky #13 today, Alexis, lets wreck this one!

Should be interesting today. I get to play with a big ole' crane at work today...on an outdoor job...aaaaand theres a rocking thunderstorm going on out there. We'll see. Lightning might put an early end to it. It's my last day shift of the week as I took tomorrow off to go to see my therapist tomorrow and hopefully catch up with my lawyer. Gotta chat the therapist up about anger man...iffy sleeping and frustration with my legal shit is really not taking me to good places lately. I'm good for 12 hours a day while work dominates in my head, but as soon as I am off it hasn't been too good.

One day or one hour at a time...here we go. Lets have a good strong day folks.
Unread 08-18-2015, 09:22 AM   #99
jenm

Hey JD!

Great job you. Day 13! I'm at 6. Trust me, I understand the legal stuff as I am dealing with it as well. No. Fun. (understatement of the year)

I wish I could play with a giant crane. I would accidently demolish everything and get in trouble though, so I'll stick with what I do. Have a great day! Jenm
Unread 08-18-2015, 10:43 AM   #100
R. Lee

JD, Congratulation on 13 days sober.

Have a great day.