Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 12-01-2015, 01:39 PM   #1
Alisha's Mom

Default I feel so Empty

Wow, I can't believe I am here.
My daughter is an addict and has been for about 8 years now, and obviously I can't do anything about it! I'm not sure that my heart has ever felt so full. My Daddy ( a Christian man) would always tell me : God never hands us more than we can handle " , but I'm not so sure now.
I really feel like that I failed my daughter and now I can't get her back from this god awful drug. I visited her in the hospital yesterday and it felt so cold that I don't even want to go back today. I keep telling everyone at work to take their lunch break and I will go last, just to keep from going to the hospital. And to make matters worse, I turned her in to the local police because I knew that she had a warrant.
Someone please tell me that I am not going nuts
thanks for allowing me to vent
Alisha's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2015, 05:16 AM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Alisha's Mom, welcome. I'm sorry to hear what you're going through with your daughter. No, you are not going nuts. You are doing what you can to save your daughter's life. If I may ask, to which drug is she addicted? Will she go to rehab after the hospital or is warrant one that she will go to jail? The main issue is, as I'm sure you know, she needs to want to get better. Hopefully this is her 'bottom' and she decides to make a better life for herself (and in turn, those who love her) and gets the help she needs.

Have you thought about going to Alanon - http://www.al-anon.org/ - to get in-person support from people going through what you are? Are you in counseling, or have you thought about it? You need to take good care of yourself. 8 years is a long time and it might be time to lovingly detach and focus on you. There is nothing wrong with that, it's not being selfish at all.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote