Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 08-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
Want2BFree

Default Sweating at night?

I'm in my 9th week of recovery and feel good in the daytime, except for the sweats that break out exactly 10 minutes after I take the sub, after it is dissolved and I've spit out the juice. Since I take it 2mg at a time 4 times a day I can count on this and have a glass of cold water ready. They last about 10 minutes and then stop. They come back at times throughout the day but only last a few minutes. The real problem is at night. I can be reading in bed or watching TV and I feel fine, but as soon as the lights go out, and my head hits the pillow I start to sweat again, and it lasts for most of the night. It is awful, and making me crazy. I have to have a fan blow on me or I can't sleep. Sometimes they will stop at about 4 am and then my normal body temp returns, and it feels good to need a sheet over me.

This happened to me the whole time I took the sub 2 years ago, for 7 weeks. I have asked my doctor about it and he says it is withdrawal. I know it is not menopause, that is over with, this is new to the suboxone. I have never heard anyone hear talk about this symptom.

Has anyone experienced this or heard of this...I told my daughter, she has never used drugs, but her response to me was mom you have taken morphine for so long it is probably stored in all your muscle and fat cells and is coming out slowly. Could this be correct or I could I possible have this symptom the whole time I'm on the suboxone...

I've also experienced clenching my jaw, which I believe was a part of the headaches I have developed too..I saw my doctor a few days ago and he says no the headaches are not from the sub, but migraines. I had never had migraines before and since they only started when I started the suboxone of course the sub is causing them. He prescribed sumatriptan....I don't know if it goes by the same name in the States.

Any help re the sweats would be greatly appreciated...I can handle the headaches, but these sweats are driving me nuts...I can't even work outdoors, or I"m soaked. My face is always looking sweaty and I ahve to wash it 4 or 5 times a day. This night sweating is so unusual for me, and I really really hope it goes away...

Gee my computer is acting up again, she is old, It makes me so nervous the thought of loosing her. I just about went nuts last week without it.

Anyway any suggestions or thoughts re the sweats would be great.

W2BF
Want2BFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
Surrendered07212010

Hiya, I too sweat pretty bad since taking the subs, even at night. I have never been one to sweat ever, but since taking subs, it is uncontrollable. Ugh. I really have a hard time outdoors, and have been taking a sweat rag with me everywhere i go. I asked about it here, and it seems it will get better im time. I am only taking 8 mg a day,4 mg 2 times a day. I have been on the subs for just about 2 weeks now. Hope this helps ! Danelle
Surrendered07212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
Want2BFree

Default Yes it is Ugh...lol

Hi Danielle

Congradulations on 2 weeks. You are well on your way to recapturing your life, but wouldn't it be nice without the sweats...lol.

I still can't figure it out...I was taking 300mg of mscontin/day, for 6 years. I take it that is quite a lot of morphine, but not as high as some, and higher than others...I always thought it depended on how much opiate we were taking to decide on how much suboxone. Nancy informed me it didn't necessarily work that way...but I would have to think someone on a really high dose would need more than someone on a low dose. Anyway I started at about 14mg/day for the the first 2 weeks, then I have dropped about 2mg every 2 weeks....I'm on week 9 (hey that will be finished on Sat..time is flying by) and I'm down to 8mg.

With the sweating I had it from day one with suboxone, never ever had a problem with sweating either before. I thought at first it was because I was on too high a dose of sub, and I thought the lower I got the less I would sweat. I don't want to discourage you, but it hasn't happened yet I still sweat especially at night. It's just crazy, and I'm sure my doctor thinks I'm a crazy middle aged woman who is confusing menopause with these sweats, but I'm not. As soon as lights go out and I lay my head on the pillow I start, and it goes on most of hte night...Does it happen like that with you Danielle. Do you get hte sweat 10 mins after taking it, like a flush coming over you? Your day sweats is that if only working physically, or can they happen any time... I do find it helps to drink a glass of water when it happens...

Do you drink lots of coffee? I do, well 4 large cups a day...I can't give that up yet as I've just given up cigs a couple of weeks ago, and I'm struggling there. I've heard caffiene can be bad with sub.

I also heard some say their symptoms went away if they switched to subutex. I can't get that in Canada...dumb really, as it's been approved, has a DIN drug id #. but the company distributing it, or htey may be mfg too, hasn't made it available. Maybe they caught wind of hte generic form in the States being cheaper so don't want that to happen here...lock in on the market with suboxone. Can you switch to Subutex? I do spit out the left over juice in my mouth because I was getting headaches too.

It has been very hot and humid where I live this last month, so I'm hoping when fall comes I won't notice the sweating so much.

Sometimes I think maybe my doctor is right that I am sweating because of w/d's symptoms, but after this long ? You are the first I have heard that has this problem to, to a significant degree. I would think if it was w/d's that others would have experienced it too..

I'm so happy you are here, and you have decided to get your life back...I'm looking forward to getting to know you...So far everyone here has been very very supportive, and friendly. I know in a few threads there is some nasty talk, but I think it's either long brewing differing opinions, or else someone is just having a moment of meltdown...this can be quite traumatic.

I especially find if I'm at all craving or my mind starts to drift back to romanticizing the morphine I come here right away, and I read posts. It quickly gets me back on track...I was without my computer for almost a week last week and I really missed it.

take care, and keep posting, and maybe together we can figure out a way to beat these sweats...they can't last forever....BTW I did mention this to a friend today...and he told me people with thyroid problems sweat..so I am going to check that out a little further to see if there is any connection.

Deb
Unread 08-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #4
Surrendered07212010

Hiya deb. I drink No coffee, i have a dunnkin donughts drink i love that has a very small amount of caffeine i think in it . I have one of those a day (sometimes 2). I have asked if these drinks have actual coffee and or caffeine in them and I get conflicting answers. That is my only possible caffeine intake daily. Also, I am taking the subutex vs suboxone. However, i see the doc Tuesday and will be asking him to switch me to the suboxone as my insurance covers the suboxone vs subutex. I live in Georgia and the temperature with humidity has been in the triple digits, and we still have a good 2 months of the heat. I used to have crazy night sweats only when using my DOC. So we will stick together and see if we can get some relief. I find it very embarrassing in public. Thanks for the support, it means a lot to me. I will do the best i can to help you the best I can. Xoxoxo danelle

And I forgot to mention, I went to a group about a week and a half ago. It was a tuesday, and when I first started taking the sub, i was very drowsy. I had stopped on my way to this group and bought a sweet tea to help me wake up a little. Within an hour, i was inside the doctors office in a/c , and just started sweating , pouring , dripping sweat. I mentioned that it may be related to the quick dose of caffeine I had to wake me up, as i had not had caffeine in almost a week. The group leader said that it was not the caffeine , but the sub causing it ..

And excuse all typos and sentence grammar, its the iPad not me!
Unread 08-06-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
Want2BFree

Cool

Hi Danelle, sorry for mispelling your name Danielle,

Okay so it's not caffiene, good I can keep drinking coffee....lol, and it's not suboxone vs subutex....Don't forget when you start the suboxone after it dissolves spit the remaining saliva in your mouth out. What remains is the naloxone and it can produce it's own side effects..like headaches. I have those too. Spitting has helped somewhat...but also I was clenching my jaw, and I think that may have contributed to the headaches. I have to say these sweats are the worst symptom for me.

Do you notice a flushing 10 mins after the sub has dissolved? It just lasts about 5 mins and then goes away...when it comes on, I tell ya, I just about have to undress or wave my housecoat or blouse open to get relief.,

At night my poor cats, I use to call them to bed with me. One learned to snuggle up against my low back to support it, she is such a loving good cat, and now I have to shoo them away, until 3-4 a.m. when I start to cool off. They are going to develop a complex ...lol

I keep a wash cloth handy inside the house, and take some baby wipes with me in the car. I take 2mg 4x's a day. In case it was the w/d's at night I tried taking more just before bed to see if that helped, and it is hard to say, but if I wake in the middle of the night, why did I say if, I do...lol, wake up in the middle of the night, I will take 2mg then. Sometimes I break it down even smaller but then I think it just dissolves too quickly or I loose the little piece in my mouth.

Your DOC and sweating was that when you were w/d from it, or you had lots in you? We'll figure this out...glad to know I'm not the only one. Oh ya, I did read one post here from a guy who developed the sweats real bad when he was tapering off...

maybe there is an herbal remedy..it will be interesting to hear what your doctor has to say about them....I always have to write my ?'s down or I forget.

Wishing you cooler temps to come your way sooner..

Stay strong and be cool
Unread 08-06-2010, 10:48 PM   #6
Surrendered07212010

Yep, noticed the flushing also. My boyfriend noticed it from the beginning . He says i get hot after taking the subs. I reminded him I am always hot, the sub is just adding on to it! :-).
As for doc and sweating , when i w/d , it would be horrible bone pain in my legs, a horrible headache that made me puke, and saturating sweating. Now on a normal day of doc , I sweated real bad at night. I worked nights for a few years while in school, and the house i rented at the time had central air in Ohio. I had to put an a/c unit in my bedroom with the central air on during the day at 60 degrees just so i could sleep comfortable because of the sweating when i slept. Im a very tall and thin woman in my early 30s. So it's not weight or hormones. I did have a partial hysterectomy in 2001, still have ovaries and my hormone levels have been acceptable over the years. Ill see if any of the ladies in my group and or the doc have any suggestions on tuesday and let you know. They all seem to be ok people this far. Xoxo danelle
Unread 08-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #7
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Debra and Danelle, sweating can be a side effect of the buprenorphine. For some people it dissipates with time, for others it dissipates as their dose is reduced. Debra, what time do you take your last dose? Is it close to bedtime? I wonder if taking it earlier will help or maybe even just try 1mg instead of 2mg. Danelle, you're still in the beginning stages, hopefully it will lessen as time goes on.

Here are a couple of other threads about sweating:
http://addictionsurvivors.org/vbulle...ad.php?t=24304

This one has links to even more threads in it:
http://addictionsurvivors.org/vbulle...ad.php?t=12255

Hope this helps.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #8
Want2BFree

Default dosing time's

Hi Nancy

Thanks for your input...It's doesn't matter if I take it right before bed or not, I sweat.. I always sweat 10 mins after I take it, a flush comes over my whole body, and this lasts about 5-8 mins and then I'm okay until the next 2mg dose. I can live with those okay, but it is the night ones...it is the craziest thing, and i'm sure my doctor thinks I'm nuts, or really didn't know when I finished menopaus...he only has a few patients on suboxone so he is learning too. I'm okay watching tv or reading in bed, but as soon as lights out, and my head touches the pillow, within a minute I break out in a sweat...I can be cool when I lay down and have a sheet over me, but within a minute I'm throwing it off..and I'm hot sweaty, until 3-4 a.m.

I find I sleep more soundly if I take it right before bed, or my morning dose sometimes I will take it at 4:30 and go back to bed and sleep very soundly..and I feel good when I get up...if I don't take some between 5pm and 5 a.m I wake feeling not so well , very achey, and mentally spacey.

Could it still be w/d's as my doctor claims? I don't think so..but?????

thanks I"ll look at those links tomorrow...I've been busy...

W2BF
Unread 08-08-2010, 08:21 PM   #9
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Debra, if it were withdrawals, then I think it would be all the time, not just coinciding when you take your dose or when you go to bed. Unfortunately, it can be a side effect. So, hopefully it will diminish with time, or when you're ready to reduce your dose that will help.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 08-08-2010, 08:30 PM   #10
Want2BFree

Default Hey Surrendered we are not alone..lol

I went and read the links Nancy posted and sure enough there were other people with the sweats....I'm 57, 5'5" and a little overweight, and menopaus is definetly over...so the sweating I know is from the sub.

Some people said if they took more sub over 12mg it went away, some said the less they took it went away...some it seemed to never go away...I hope I"m in the middle group....lol really loling here..

I"m single at this time, but in the future I would hate to be sleeping with someone. Even my poor cats have to sleep at least 3-4 inches away...

I've noticed my skin is breaking out too, oily oily, and for my age it's crazy...one guy in the other thread said his hair sweat, really his hair...crazy stuff.

hope your doing great Danelle..and look forward to hearing from you...

Debra
Unread 08-08-2010, 09:08 PM   #11
Surrendered07212010

I think my biggest complaints are the sweating and the newly discovered lack of sex drive. I just keep hearing they go away with time and or once you stop which is not very comforting. The past few days have been blah for me also. I don't want to do anything, and just feel icky all over. Thanks for the support deb, it is appreciated. Danelle
Unread 08-08-2010, 09:10 PM   #12
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Danelle, what dose are you on again and for how long now?

Nancy
Unread 08-08-2010, 09:35 PM   #13
Surrendered07212010

8 mg total. 4 mg in the late morning, ( between 10-1130) when i wake up. This is new also, i never sleep late. I have been getting up for work @ 330 am for work for many years. I then take am additional 4 mg 7 hours later exactly. I can tell you I fee
Blah because i don't feel there, but I don't feel here either , just in between . Kinda lost I'm the middle . I believe this is being caused by the feelings of what need to be addressed now and how many there are. I also understand that I need to speak to someone about these things that need addressed, and im working on it. But there too is the wait and needs time to process also. So i have 4 more weeks off and is good time to get alot accomplished, but nothing is really going on. So i have still been walking, I did cook 2 meals , did a few last minute back to school things and even went and had ice cream last nite. But it is hard to do in this limbo state I reckon. Hope this makes sense. Thanks for listening ladies, xoxo danelle
Unread 08-08-2010, 10:06 PM   #14
NancyB
Administrator

Hi Danelle, it does make sense, and it might be something to talk with your Suboxone doctor about. A lot of what you mentioned have happened to others and a small dose reduction has helped a lot. The lethargy, the kind of feeling 'out of sorts in limbo'. Now that you've stabilized and the halflife is built up - it's not unusual to find that a small reduction might be in order. It's something that you could see if you can try, it might take a few days to notice if there is a difference. But if you get cravings or withdrawals back then just go back to 8mg. Just wanted to throw that out there from what I've seen many others experience.

Nancy
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-09-2010)
Unread 08-09-2010, 02:49 AM   #15
Salgoud

Remember Deb and Danielle, that sweating is what keeps us alive, otherwise we would die of hypothermia.

In Debs case, she is also breaking out where she sweats, which is natural. I thought maybe the cats where getting into something you are allergic too. They sleep only 3-4 inches away from you. Also I wonder whats in the pool you do your water aerobics in. Anxiety is greatest for me, before I go into REM sleep. That's when I ponder my life and the day. Anxiety produces sweat.

Deb, if it is naloxone, take the Sub 45 minutes before bedtime. The effects of naloxone only last 45 minutes. So it's probably not that.

It is a hot summer, and humid. I've been sweating more than I ever have, but sweating gets the toxins out of the body, so I don't care about sweat. It's cool at night, so I don't sweat at night. Has this been happening the entire 10 weeks you've been on Suboxone. If so, Nancy is probably right, you could be allergic to buprenorphine itself. However, sweating is usually not a side effect of allegies to Sub, breaking out is. Try taking a benadryl when you break out, see if it does any good.

I need sleep, Good Karma to the World and may Peace come soon to our troops in Afganistan and pray the Afgans will eradicate opium. We get our legal opium from other countries. Afganistan's opium almost all of it gets turned into heroin and ruins our European friends lives.

Over and out, my bed has missed me. Sleep is so good lately. I dream so much. Can't tell you what I dream about, but they are very good dreams.

Last edited by Salgoud; 08-09-2010 at 02:52 AM..
Salgoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #16
Surrendered07212010

Nancy, i will speak to the doctor when i see him tomorrow afternoon. I also wonder if it is just too much, but then i believe i am having withdraw symptoms when i wake up every morning. I will definitely discuss with the doc tomorrow and let you know what he says.

Salgoud, thanks for the support.

Deb, on top of the sweating, i also have very problematic skin. I was using a skin care line before sub that was recommended for my oily skin which suffers a great deal in these humid months in the south. I have yet to have Any issues with my skin to my surprise with the extra sweating. The line comes from a clinic here in the Atlanta area, and i swear it has done wonders for my skin. You can purchase their products on line. They are a little pricey, but worth it. Even to go the cheap route, the daily cleanser and toner can be purchased for less than 50. Bucks, and will last you a few months. I use the clarifying line. I cannot say enough good things about this line, and i saw immediate relief. In my skin. I also use it on the chest and back area. If you ever need skin , makeup or hair care or fashion help, please let me know. I am an expert when it comes to the girly girl things. :-)

http://www.idermed.com/Page4600.aspx
Unread 08-27-2010, 10:48 AM   #17
jeanne71

I also have the sweats. Its been hot here but the sweating has been insane. I too think its some form of withdrawal, but how can that be. I started at 24mgs but found that way to much so I stabilized on 16mgs. Just to experiment with the sweating I have skipped a few doses here and there. But it seems to be the same effect either way. I sweat constently and it is getting embarising. If anybody has any solutions they would be greatfully tried
jeanne71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2010, 11:09 PM   #18
blackthorn

Default UGHthe sweating!!!

I have been on Suboxone for 4 months!! I still sweat constantly !! And yes my hair sweats too. The lack of sex well thats my husbands fault. No headackes. I love the after taste of my sub.
The sweating my goddess is crazy I am 36 yrs old and have not had my period in 4 months it crazy all of it is insane BUT i would change it!
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 04:06 PM   #19
GettingThere

I don't so much call it sweating as I do "HOT FLASHES".!!! I am getting to be a pro of feeling them come on too!! I'm a 47 yr old. female who had an oblation 5 yrs ago. Everything is still the same with an oblation as far as hormones etc. but you don't have a period because they freeze the lining of the uterus to stop break through bleeding. Bad thing is that you can't tell when you may be starting peri menopause due to the fact that you have no periods to track. The only way to tell is by performing a blood test to determine if I am starting into menopause which I will have the gyno perform at my appointment. I started Suboxone in March 2010 and my hot flashes didn't start until at least 4 mths into taking it. Also I took Suboxone 2.5 years ago for treatment for one whole year and NEVER had Hot Flashes. I was on the same dose starting out at that time which is 12 mg. twice a day, same as now and eventually tapered down to 2 mg twice a day. The doc wants to take me down to 8 mg twice a day starting next month. But these Hot Flashes every half of an hour all day long and through the night are driving me crazy. I'm really beginning to think it has to do with peri menopause and not so much my Suboxone or possibly the two together this time around since I didn't have these side effects before. I do have to say that it has effected my libido but not for the worse but for the BETTER....gotta say my hubby likes that side effect & so do I!!!
GettingThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 10:35 PM   #20
Julestime2live

I'm glad this subject came up, I have been sweating profusely for months and now that I think about it it started when I started treatment. I thought it was part of the change. I had a hysterectomy in 2005 with only a piece of one ovary still on place to help my body create its own estrogen; I thought that maybe it stopped working. Only a week ago I turned 42, I am in ok shape, not over weight, just about right. I work hard and always find things to do. The sweating has been so bad I have had to slow down what I do during the day to help relieve it. It is so bad I can’t deal with it, I have to keep a rag around, and splash cold water on my face multiple times a day especially when I am active. And at night… Wow it wakes me up and I am soaked from head to toe, I actually can slide water off myself. I have to change sheets just to get myself comfortable enough to lie back down. My hair is soaked, my face, chest, stomach, arms, legs, back, even my feet sweat. I don’t have health insurance to go to a doctor about it; my treatment doctor knows about it and said it could be a side effect but thought it was more from “the change”. I take Subutex because I am allergic to the other med (can’t remember the name right now) but it doesn’t sound like it matters which one your on with this side effect. I guess we just have to deal with it peeps… its better then the alternative of relapsing. At least I know it could be treatment and not the change, it was really upsetting me. I feel disgusting when I start sweating and I just started dating someone seriously about a month ago, I get very embarrass when he sees me sweat like this.
Julestime2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 10:17 PM   #21
Want2BFree

Default The sweating hasn't stopped

Hi everyone

I haven't posted here for awhile, but I thought i would jump in to tell you when I had to switch back to the mscontin "at half my previous dose" because of the migraines, I was also sweating like crazy...especially at night...It wouldn't stop unitl morning...then it would happen exactly 15 mins after I took the sub and would last for 20 mins then go, unless I really got working outdoors...which I couldn't because as soon as I went in the sun I would get a headache. Man oh man...

When I went back on teh mscontin...and this is only temporary, to stablelize, then try the sub again...and hopefully on a lower dose I won't get the headaches.

When I went back on the mscontin the first 3 nights I didn't sweat then it started up again....Not like the suboxone where it wouldl start immediately upon clsoing my eyes and laying my head on the pillow, "which was so strange, like clockwork"...after my body was rid of the sub and adjusting to the lower dose of mscontin, the sweating started again. Now it doesn't start when I close my eyes and hit the pillow, but I walk sweating...So it must be w/d's symptom......Why would I not sweat for 3 nights when I started the MScontin again...it would apepare all my receptors were full...but once the sub was gone, they were doing their closing up thing and it causes sweating...

It has nothing to do with menopaus...I went through that already and the sweats from that were nothing like these one.

Anyways I'm hanging in....if you haven't read elsewhere, I had an emergency appendix sugery last week. This has freaked me out somewhat but I posted a thread and even reading one response did help me calm down and I do knw I can still make every best choice.....I can choose to do the right/best thing.

It would be good to know something to relieve the sweats but as Salgoud said sweating is good for us...just keep drinking water....lots of water...

W2BF
Unread 09-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #22
MaJaBe

My "hot flashes" have subsided since I stablized on a lower dose of Sub....I can't remember the last time I had one, it has to be around a week or two ago...
I didn't have any over the weekend, and where I usually notice them the most is at work, and I haven't had one all this week!
I was told that from my addiction to opiates, that my body temperature will not be able to regulate itself correctly anywhere from 6 months to a year, same with my sleep. I'm wondering if this is true ON sub or when I get off?
Anyone else heard of this?
MaJaBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #23
nomorepain

I've been on Suboxone for three days and I've been having the same problems with sweating in the middle of the night like I'm going through withdrawls
nomorepain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 09:36 PM   #24
MissSurvivor

I had this problem when I was on Methadone.. not too much with Suboxone. Weird. I would just be sitting down and all the sudden my face is pouring sweat.. I don't miss Methadone.
Unread 09-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #25
GettingThere

As far as still feeling the "Hot Flashes"...I started taking a "Menopause Relief" supplement along with Vitamin E (I was told that it can help relieve Hot Flashes also) and I can honestly say I have noticed an improvement. And even if I don't see much difference I figured a few supplements along with a daily vitamin can't hurt anyone! It's only been a week since I started on them and they say it can take up to 4 weeks but the hot flashes are getting fewer and further in between. I'm still taking 12mg of Suboxone twice a day and will probably start decreasing next month so maybe by the decrease of the Sub and taking the supplements I will notice a difference. My doctor was going to take me down to 8 mg this month but she is starting me on the Suboxone Film and wants me to stay at the same dose during this transition of taking the pill to the film. I'll post about it when and if things change!
GettingThere is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to GettingThere For This Useful Post:
Thank You (09-23-2010)
Unread 09-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #26
Julestime2live

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorepain View Post
I've been on Suboxone for three days and I've been having the same problems with sweating in the middle of the night like I'm going through withdrawls
Hello NOmorePAIN, First, congratulations on starting treatment!! I'm Jules and have been taking opiate replacement for a little more then two months after a 10 year addiction. I experienced sweating at night when I first started too; I believe you are still having withdraw symptoms. Have you talked to your doctor? You may need to increase your dosage a little. Do you feel like you have stabilized? Is this the only symptom you are having?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to help, everyone here on this site wants to help, this is a great place for us because everyone has been through the same things, all in their own way.
Julestime2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #27
jeanne71

Still sweating a year later
jeanne71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #28
cd00

I don't know much about subs this being my second week although I can already say that when I increased my dose to 4mg I started getting hot flashes and then chills. From prior experience and what I read here a lower dose will stop the sweats. I think it works for me, I took 2mg yesterday and 1mg today and I'm fine, no flashes today at all. Please someone tell me if I'm wrong, the whole point of subs is to abstain from whatever. I guess I'm going to have to talk to my doctor about this, all I know is that if my nose itches, I'm feeling something.

After using methadone for way to long I experienced the same thing except more intense and more frequently as I aged. At one point I started using Anddrogel but it didn't help. As I was coming down on methadone I reached a point at 15 to 20 mg where the flashes subsided. Unfortunately for me when I got to 10mg they returned along with all kinds of other symptoms. I know what I feel and I'm just trying to share my experience. Good luck to all.

Peace - CD

Last edited by cd00; 09-12-2011 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: add
cd00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #29
deedle

CD .. could it be on otc medicine or eating late at night or another alternative? I had crazy side effects the 1st 1-2 weeks on sub but they quickly subsided ....on such a low dose if your having side effects I could. only guess that your dose is too low? have you spoke with your dr?....there's alot of info on the AddictionSurvivors site.. maybe do a search? best of luck kiddo!
deedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 08:28 PM   #30
NancyB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd00 View Post
I don't know much about subs this being my second week although I can already say that when I increased my dose to 4mg I started getting hot flashes and then chills. From prior experience and what I read here a lower dose will stop the sweats. I think it works for me, I took 2mg yesterday and 1mg today and I'm fine, no flashes today at all. Please someone tell me if I'm wrong, the whole point of subs is to abstain from whatever. I guess I'm going to have to talk to my doctor about this, all I know is that if my nose itches, I'm feeling something.

After using methadone for way to long I experienced the same thing except more intense and more frequently as I aged. At one point I started using Anddrogel but it didn't help. As I was coming down on methadone I reached a point at 15 to 20 mg where the flashes subsided. Unfortunately for me when I got to 10mg they returned along with all kinds of other symptoms. I know what I feel and I'm just trying to share my experience. Good luck to all.

Peace - CD
Hi CD, if you just reduced from 4mg to 2mg to 1mg in the past three days, please just be mindful that because of the halflife, people may not notice a reduction for a couple/three days. So if you start feeling withdrawals, then you've reduced down too quickly.

Could you explain this a little more so I understand better?
Please someone tell me if I'm wrong, the whole point of subs is to abstain from whatever. I guess I'm going to have to talk to my doctor about this, all I know is that if my nose itches, I'm feeling something.

Suboxone is to stop cravings and withdrawals so that the patient can work on things that were damaged in active addiction, change behaviors that will help them live addiction free; and then later, medication free. Are you feeling euphoric from your dose? Or just a nose itch? I'm sorry to ask so many questions, I just want to understand better.

Thank you!

Nancy
Unread 09-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #31
cd00

Hi Nancy,
My doctor upped my dose from 2 to 4mg, I feel this drug and I don't like the feeling. When I'm resting I can almost nod. I'm at day 19 using subs. And yes my nose itches. I have no cravings and I know if I take more subs I'll have a major headache, I upped it for 2 days. Subs feel nothing like methadone which I didn't feel unless I took more than I normally took or to put it better wanted to get loaded. I understand all to well about withdrawal, for whatever reason I always keep my dose as low as possible to the point of WDS and it's not like I was or am forced to do this. I'm having a bit of trouble cutting up the film strips, I don't have the proper tools.

Explanation
Why do I need to be at a higher dose of this stuff than I need to abstain from methadone? I'm keeping away from methadone and thats my reason for using this. I'm giving my brain a chance to get better, the damage is done. I'm getting counseling and seeing the doctor.

Peace to all
CD
Unread 09-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #32
cd00

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedle View Post
CD .. could it be on otc medicine or eating late at night or another alternative? I had crazy side effects the 1st 1-2 weeks on sub but they quickly subsided ....on such a low dose if your having side effects I could. only guess that your dose is too low? have you spoke with your dr?....there's alot of info on the AddictionSurvivors site.. maybe do a search? best of luck kiddo!
Hi Deedle,
No OTC except for ducolax but I have been very hungry and I gained a few. That is interesting that a dose could be to low. Don't you stabilize at a certain dose given enough time? I'm thinking that there is no diff between this drug and all the others opioids in that a person is just exchanging to a diff drug.

Last edited by cd00; 09-13-2011 at 09:12 PM.. Reason: add
Unread 09-13-2011, 10:27 PM   #33
NancyB
Administrator

Hi CD, there is absolutely no need for you to be on a higher dose than you need to stop cravings and withdrawals. If you're almost nodding, then that dose (were you taking 4mg then?) was probably too high. How much did you take today and how are you feeling? Maybe you'll only need 1mg to stop cravings and withdrawals - everyone is different and some people take a little longer to stabilize - especially if the doctor had you double your dose when you didn't need to.

Have you tried an exacto knife to cut the film? That's great that you're seeing a counselor, as just taking the medication isn't treatment.

A person's dose can be too low if they're still having cravings and withdrawals. I guess if a person wanted to wait and see if they'd stabilize on a dose that's too low, it could be done, but it's not necessary because the at the right dose, there should be no cravings or withdrawals and there's really no need for the patient to suffer.

One of the biggest differences between buprenorphine and other opioids is its blocking ability - if someone takes a full agonist while taking buprenorphine, it will be blocked from reaching the receptors, rendering it useless. Some other differences are that most people decrease their dose as they progress in their recovery rather than increase it due to building up a tolerance as with full agonist; because of the long halflife, it can be taken once a day, which helps to break the addictive behavior of dosing throughout the day. This link might be of interest:
http://www.naabt.org/faq_answers.cfm?ID=1

Nancy
Unread 09-14-2011, 11:46 AM   #34
cd00

Back at you Nancy, Hi today,
to answer your question I took 2mg today and I took 2mg yesterday. I feel OK, I get an occasional hot flash and I'm constipated but I was not to bad last night, I awoke dry for a change. I see the doc tomorrow. Its so hard for me (and from what I read a lot of others) to distinguish between WDS and side effects of the subs so I attribute everything to WDS which I know is not a valid assumption. My normal reaction would be to panic and look for something, I realize that has to change. I do have cravings for something and that drives me to use the subs. Its so hard to put it into words, it fills a void. I feel better with it and it frightens the crap out of me. I need a new Exact knife, mine in warn out. Thanks again.

Peace to All

Last edited by cd00; 09-14-2011 at 11:49 AM.. Reason: today
Unread 09-19-2011, 08:52 PM   #35
cd00

Default 28 days in

Post moved to: http://addictionsurvivors.org/vbulle...ad.php?t=26765
Unread 09-23-2011, 07:23 PM   #36
blackberrybunny

I can tell you that I sure sweated last night in my sleep, and I have a fan blowing on me, always have. I'm nearing the end of my 4th week on Suboxone, and haven't had any problems with night sweats before. Just last night. And I had the strangest dream, a dream about a scent of something, something that didn't agree with me, and I woke up feeling terribly queasy all day from that smell. Whatever it was. Not a bad smell, like poop or rot, but just a smell of like some air freshener. ODD.

I have really long hair and wear it up in a bun at night, but it's the backside of my neck, the hair there, it was completely wet along with my pillow. Yep, the sweats got me last night. We'll see how it goes tonight.
blackberrybunny is offline   Reply With Quote