Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 08-03-2015, 08:15 PM   #1
wwefan

Default my first step

I just poured a half empty bottle of tequila down the sink. I have been drinking since I was 12 I'm 30 now. I did stop for about a yearnd a half when I was 19 then shortly after my 21st birthday I got my own apartment and my drinking resumed
I've been arrested before for alcohol I just rember waking up I'm jail and I now have a 3 inch scar under my right butt cheek. I hope I can find strength and inspiration from some of your stories.
wwefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2015, 08:30 PM   #2
lostdog

Hi and welcome wwefan, good for you to come here, it is a nice posting site for non-judgemental support. We look after each other and post our issues and respond to others with help as we can. I wish you the best, just take one day at a time and know that others do care about you.
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2015, 09:47 PM   #3
gmasusie

Dear wwefan,

My aunt who died at the age of 100 was a fan of WRASTLING! We have all been where you are or we would not have sought a forum like this. Jail is the only thing I haven't done while drunk. Welcome. Tell us more about yourself.

Susie
gmasusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2015, 10:58 PM   #4
Saint

Welcome wwefan,

You are among friends here. I drank for most of my adult life finally getting sober around the age of 47. I've been where you are, dumping alcohol down the drain except I would just buy more the next day.
Stick around, read the many posts here and tells us more about yourself when you are ready.

Regards,
Saint
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2015, 10:08 AM   #5
R. Lee

wwefan, Welcome to this site. We are family here. Feel free to share what is going on without being judged.

It is not easy to stop drinking. I could not stop on my own. I use a support group of recovering alcoholics & this group. I stay in today. I have let go of the past. Yesterday is history & tomorrow is a mystery.

If you want to stop then you have to make this the most important thing in your life.

Think through that next urge to drink.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to R. Lee For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-04-2015)
Unread 08-04-2015, 10:31 AM   #6
wwefan

Alcoholism runs I'm my family my older brother is one my dad was one too he has able to stop once he was diagnosed with diabetes. Several uncles were also able to stop on uheir own I hope I inherited the same will power.
Unread 08-04-2015, 12:27 PM   #7
gmasusie

Talk to us and make a plan. There is lots of help out there. We will walk through this with you. Susie
gmasusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2015, 02:03 PM   #8
wwefan

I don't think my problem is with beer I can have 1 or 2 with a meal and stop but its with hard liquor that I tend to overindulge in and leads me to do stupid things that I later regret
Unread 08-04-2015, 02:46 PM   #9
wwefan

My plan is to give myself up to my workout regiment which ironically enough I started in an attempt to get rid of the few extra pounds around my belly while I have noticed results elsewhere like my chest arms and shoulders but the belly somewhat remains. Once I make more progress I hope that'll help keep me motivated.
Unread 08-04-2015, 03:12 PM   #10
Millie

Hi wwefan. Welcome. You've made a great step by coming here!
Millie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2015, 03:20 PM   #11
R. Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwefan View Post
I don't think my problem is with beer I can have 1 or 2 with a meal and stop but its with hard liquor that I tend to overindulge in and leads me to do stupid things that I later regret
Are you saying you are going to control how you drink alcohol & now drink beer?

Anyway have a great day.
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2015, 03:22 PM   #12
Sam Bailey

Hello WWEFan,

Yes, welcome to the forum. This is a good and decent place, full of kind and decent folks. I suspect every person here has been where you are now, relative to your problem with addiction. Some may actually be in the same spot you're in. May be be in it now, I mean. Others here HAVE been in that spot.

Try you best to be open and honest, not just with us, but with yourself. If you do this, if you genuinely LISTEN to the lessons we have learned from the mistakes we've made, if you listen to our experience, you will have a wonderful chance to change your life.

Be honest and be open to new ideas, new thinking.

Best to you, WWEFan.

sam b
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2015, 03:26 PM   #13
wwefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Lee View Post
Are you saying you are going to control how you drink alcohol & now drink beer?

Anyway have a great day.
I don't know right now perhaps there's some denial here I tried drinking a beer last night I opened it took a drink discovered I did not want it and dumped it out hopefully that's a sign of things to come

Last edited by wwefan; 08-04-2015 at 03:29 PM..
Unread 08-04-2015, 10:29 PM   #14
iamtrying

wwefan,

Welcome to the group...you have taken the right step...and you are brave to do it...many suffer silently.

Believe me I have emptied several bottles and bought several bottles in subsequent days...I used to run to liquor shops and if they close i went to gas stations....It is our behavior. We need to get hold of it and tame it.

I would suggest you to stop drinking completely. I know it is hard, but just beer is Ok or just to reduce belly fat is not good enough reason to stop drinking. You must be willing to stop from within and determined to do it. I believe that's the very reason you came onto this site. I appreciate for taking the first step.

I think you take one day at a time meaning...don't drink for just today and be sober...and try and be like that everyday....you can do it...make sure the places, people, events that trigger urges are kept away or be away until you get your will power in place...start there...

good day...
iamtrying is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Say Thank You to iamtrying For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-05-2015), Thank You (08-05-2015)
Unread 08-04-2015, 11:17 PM   #15
jenm

Hey wwefan, welcome!

I'm tellin ya, I've been around for a minute and had put some good sobriety time together and absolutely loved life. Sure, things still sucked sometimes, but not like they suck when you're drinking. I let life get the best of me this year and started drinking again. It does not EVER get better. EVER. It only gets worse. This is my personal experience, and I've also seen it happen in many others.

It is very humbling for me to admit that I drank and come back, but I want my life back and I'm going to get it back. I've made every single excuse in the book - trust me - but drinking has always, always taken me back to that insidious place where I cannot live with it and I cannot live without it. Sucks, sucks, sucks!

You're in a good place here. No judgment, lots of experience, lots of love. Take care, and continue to post. Jenm
jenm is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Say Thank You to jenm For This Useful Post:
Thank You (08-05-2015), Thank You (08-05-2015), Thank You (08-05-2015)
Unread 08-05-2015, 04:36 AM   #16
Saint

You rock jenm!!!!!!
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote