Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 05-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
dave53190

Default moving back to San Diego

To all of you who have made this site possible:

Ever since I have been sober I have tried to practice the principles of Alcoholics Anonymous to the best of my ability. Over the years I've never heard anyone pin down exactly what those principles are, but I do know of one principle that is a fact. That one principle is to share with others our experience, strength, and hope so that other suffering alcoholics (addicts) may find sobriety. For myself, AA is the only path to sobriety, but on this site other paths are offered, and I think that's great. More than one path can give more hope than just one. And isn't that what this site is all about?

Anyway, the reason I'm posting on this "off-topic" section is because I'm moving this Saturday back to my hometown of San Diego and I'm not sure when or if I ever will be back to this site. This site has helped me stay sober these past 4 months and I thank you for it. Keep up the good work (especially you Carly).

It's GOOD to be sober!, Dave
dave53190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
sherrylmd

dave-good luck with the move; hope you find a supportive AA group where you move to. Thanks for the comments you made regarding my situation with my alcoholic fiance on the friends and family forum. best wishes,sherry
sherrylmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #3
CarlyO

Hi Dave,

I truly hope you will be back ! At least give us an update now and then. You have always been so open with your experiences and you have helped soooo many people here - myself included !

Good luck on your move to SD, I hear it is a wonderful place to live ! Also, wishing you the best on your continued journey of recovery.
I am really sad, I am going to miss you, so please let us know how you are doing. OK ?

I wish you the best Dave ! Take good care, Carly : )
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
jerryg

Dave,
Good luck on your move and i hope you are able to keep you recovery life intact and consistent.
I am glad you found the site helpful and welcome you back anytime. Your input and comments have been appreciated.
All the best,
Jerry
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
jerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2009, 10:34 PM   #5
deede

Hi Dave!!

Thank you for your support you offered to me and everyelse! Hey I am currently in Escondido which is where I grew up at my mom's. I actually live further up north but came down here to myself on the right track. I have found a wonderful group taht has chapters all over San Diego. It is called the Alano Group. I go to the one in Escondido but I know there are some all up anddown the coast and san diego because we have visitors all the time. A good variety of members come and share (Old-timers and new- comers and they also have alot of speaker meetings. So maybe you want to check them out. The weather is heating up!! Have a good move!!

Deedee
deede is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 04:56 PM   #6
CarlyO

Hi Dave53190,

I was was reading an older post from you. I do hope the move went well and you are doing well, settled into your new life in San Diego. I hope you will drop us line sometime, let us know how you are.
Take care, Carly : )
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote