Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 01-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
dave53190

Default Joke

In no way do I want to minimize the seriousness of the nature of this forum, but I was thinking of this joke I heard early in my sobriety and want to share it. I hope you all haven't heard it already.

A man drowned in a vat of beer at a brewery. The foreman of the brewery knew the man's family and took it upon himself to tell the wife the bad news. The foreman went to the deceased man's house and with much sympathy told the wife the bad news. Of course, she took it hard. There was a lot of hysteria, crying, etc. After some time she regained some composure. She asked the foreman if her husband had suffered at all. He replied, "I don't think so. A couple of people saw him get out of the vat twice to go to the bathroom".
dave53190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2009, 08:13 AM   #2
tagyourit

thats hilarious
tagyourit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #3
Axe6st

Thank you !! I needed a laugh. That's the first time in a while. Feels better than crying.
Axe6st is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #4
jamielee

I can picture the guy crawling out of the vat, so as not to pee in his beer only to stumble back in and drown from being so drunk.....it is a funny joke. Sometimes we need to laugh at our situation and not always be so down about it.
I remember an AA meeting years ago and you couldn't talk about drinking and drugging at all, slapped on the hand if you did, so keep up the laughter, it's great medicine!!
Unread 02-14-2011, 10:42 PM   #5
R. Lee

Great joke thank you, yes we can have fun in sobriety & even learn to laugh. I spent 42 years turning beer into pee!
R. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 01:54 AM   #6
CarlyO

Well said LEE !!! : )
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
CarlyO is offline   Reply With Quote