Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 04-24-2016, 06:06 PM   #1
kevisme

Default I'm new here and NEED HELP!

Hi everyone I'm new to this page I'm actually new to all of this I've never been on a form or posted anything ever. I am in desperate need of help and guidance. I don't know what to do so I'm trying to exhaust any and every possible solution before it's too late and my addiction takes my life thank you.
kevisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2016, 06:11 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi kevisme, welcome. I guess my first question would be what have you tried?

This is a good link to go through if you're thinking of medication - specifically buprenorphine.
http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/vb...ad.php?t=21609

Have you tried to taper off what you're currently taking? What are you taking and how much?

Sorry for all the questions.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2016, 06:16 PM   #3
kevisme

Hi nancyB and no the question are perfectly fine.. first of all I'm injecting about a gram (give or take) daily. Um I've tried Suboxone and I still have a full script in my top draw but they don't really ever help me and when I try N kick to get clean it's jus way to much so I end up using agin.. I don't kno what to do I do kno I'm at the end of my rope tho I'm about to loose everything to this stuff :/
Unread 04-24-2016, 06:28 PM   #4
NancyB
Administrator

Are you able to go inpatient, at least to detox?

When you tried Suboxone, were you in mild to moderate withdrawals when you started an how much were you taking?
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
Unread 04-24-2016, 06:57 PM   #5
kevisme

I can't do Inpatient Because I have a job and I have no help financially I moved away from my family to get clean and I just recently relapsed about 3 months ago and I've tried looking into detox and I'm never able to find anything that will work for me for work and financially and yeah I think I wait long enough I mean I'm pretty sick I would say 12 - 16 hours into it before I take about 4 milligrams Half pill. I can't get anything to work I'm thinking I might not you waiting long enough before taking A Sub or maybe I'm taking too much maybe I should try only taking two milligrams I've read that it works better when you take less
Unread 04-24-2016, 06:58 PM   #6
kevisme

I apologize for my responses I'm on my cell phone and I am still learning how to use this site lol just please bear with me
Unread 04-24-2016, 07:33 PM   #7
NancyB
Administrator

No apologies necessary! When you took 4mg, how did you feel say a couple of hours after taking it?

This is a good link - page 2 has the withdrawals chart to see where you're at as far as when to start:
http://www.naabt.org/documents/NAABT_PrecipWD.pdf
Unread 04-24-2016, 08:32 PM   #8
kevisme

It didn't help that's forsure.. maby even made it worse
Unread 04-24-2016, 08:43 PM   #9
kevisme

Wow I just read over that link and thank you it will be a huge help but what would be a good MG to start with in your Opinion Should start small with maybe 2 or should I start with 4
Unread 04-24-2016, 09:15 PM   #10
Iamready61

Keep asking Lots of Questions! Hang in there...when you took the Suboxone, do you mean the WD still felt the same?
Iamready61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2016, 09:24 PM   #11
NancyB
Administrator

Hi again, as long as you're in enough withdrawals, you could start at 2mg, wait an hour or so - you could feel some effect in around 20 minutes, but full effect can take up to two hours. If after that hour or so, you still have cravings / withdrawals take another 2mg and keep titrating up until you have no symptoms.

If 4mg didn't help originally, you could try 4mg again, but be in more withdrawals. It could have made your withdrawals a little worse if you hadn't been in enough withdrawals and the bupe was kicking the full agonist off of the receptors (precipitated withdrawals).

Just as a point of reference, some people who were injecting around the same amount needed 16mg, some 24mg - at least at the beginning to suppress the symptoms. But it's really dependent on the person's brain chemistry, and even sometimes more dependent on the potency of the heroin - or if it had been cut with fentanyl.

It's just hard because it so individual. And it's not like aspirin - take 2 and you'll be fine. So many variables involved.
Unread 04-24-2016, 10:10 PM   #12
kevisme

Ya I think I'm gunna try agin 2marrow but this time I'm gunna time myself so I kno it's been at least 24 hrs. Most of the time I wait like 12 maby 16 hrs b4 trying a burp and it never helps. And If the H is low Quality Will that have anything to do with how I feel sometimes I think it's the crap they cut it with that's making me more sick
Unread 04-24-2016, 10:15 PM   #13
kevisme

And me being active does that matter?? like does me moving around like being at work speed up anything or me jus laying at home matter.?.? I guess what I mean is is 12 hrs laying in bed tryin to sleep and 12 hrs at work moving around does it matter.. I know moving around speed up my metabolism so I'm sure it would help push it out of my system but is that going to make me feel worse or would 12 hours moving around make it Really worth the 12 hrs
Unread 04-25-2016, 06:08 AM   #14
NancyB
Administrator

Hi again, the stuff the H is cut with could definitely make a difference. Moving around doesn't really make a difference. The halflife of buprenorphine is around 37 hours, so it does stay in your system for a while. Actually moving around is a good thing because it helps to get your natural endorphins going. While taking opioids, the natural endorphin system slows down because there's no need for it to make endorphins if they're being provide externally. So the best thing to do physically while in recovery - either medicated-assisted or quitting cold - is to do things to get your endorphin production back. Exercise, laughing, sex, for some spicy foods, listening to music - anything pleasurable. Exercise especially. Also, please remember to stay hydrated. Opioids in general can suppress the thirst mechanism, and even slight dehydration can cause headaches and a feeling of malaise. So try to remember to drink a lot of water.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Unread 04-26-2016, 12:10 AM   #15
kevisme

Ok cool thanks for the info. I'm going to start my 24 hrs of being sick 2marrow after work then start my burps wish me luck
Unread 04-26-2016, 06:30 AM   #16
NancyB
Administrator

Good luck!! Please keep us posted as to how you're doing!

Nancy
Unread 04-26-2016, 10:28 PM   #17
Iamready61

Thinking of you today.. It gets better, I promise
Unread 04-28-2016, 11:29 PM   #18
Iamready61

Hey! How are you doing?
Unread 04-29-2016, 06:37 AM   #19
NancyB
Administrator

Yes, Kevisme, how are you? Let us know when you can.

Nancy