Addiction Survivors

Notices

Unread 02-02-2015, 03:10 PM   #1
ellocin

Question so lost again

Hello. I don't know where to start. I guess I'm a recovering meth addict. I had been sober (besides alcohol) for 9 years up until about 3 weeks ago. The guy I'm seeing smokes crack. I knew about this and thought I could handle it. I pushed so hard for him to give a relationship a shot I guess I didn't want to start telling him what to do. Everything else about him is perfect, but this isn't about him. I got high with him one night and I didn't think about it again for a week or so. I figured if he can do it recreationaly I should be able to too. So I kept getting high, always with him. He likes to be alone when he smokes and I guess that hurt my ego. I got angry every time he was doing it because I couldn't have some. I then started smoking on my own. Now I can't stop. I am spending all my money, treating my boyfriend like shit, going into work late, and even smoking in the bathroom at work. I don't want to go down the path I worked so hard to stay off of. I'm a mess. I don't know what to do. I hate that he can do it once or twice a month with no consequences at all. I get so upset that I start craving it, getting shakey, with sweaty palms and I break down and buy some. I got high last night even after he asked me not to. I went out on my own. I don't know what to do.I was so good for 9 years. Now it's all slipping away before my eyes. Any advice would be very appreciated. Thank you.
ellocin is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to ellocin For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-06-2015)
Unread 02-02-2015, 03:55 PM   #2
NancyB
Administrator

Hi ellocin, welcome. When you stopped 9 years, how did you do it? Is it something you can do again this time? I really hate to say it, but you might need to take a break from you boyfriend. I think with him still smoking and you trying to stop, it will make it so much harder for you.

Or maybe talk with him and see if he will stop also and you can support each other?

Do you have any support you can lean on while stopping? There are Cocaine Anonymous meetings, you could check and see if there's one in your area:
http://www.ca.org/

I hope this is helpful. Let us know.

Nancy
Important disclaimer: Any information in this post is not and does not constitute medical advice under any circumstances. Addiction Survivors, Inc. does not warranty or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Site. Your use of information on the Site or materials linked to the Site is entirely at your own risk. NEVER take any online advice over that of a qualified healthcare provider. Any information contained on AddictionSurvivors.org should only serve to inspire further investigation with credible, verifiable references sources such as your physician or therapist.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to NancyB For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-06-2015)
Unread 02-03-2015, 02:17 PM   #3
Nicole0909

Wish you the best of luck you can do it if you put your mind to it keep your head up
Nicole0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
One User Says Thank You to Nicole0909 For This Useful Post:
Thank You (02-06-2015)
Unread 02-06-2015, 07:43 AM   #4
cosmicmessenger

Hi Ellocin.
As tough as this may sound, you may be best without your new friend.
He is enabling you to do what you worked so hard on to rid yourself of.
cosmicmessenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2015, 07:17 AM   #5
Perkinstein

Perkinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2015, 07:19 AM   #6
Perkinstein

Hi ellociN, i think you need help. try to open this up to your family, friends or love ones i'm sure they will understand you.
Perkinstein is offline   Reply With Quote